Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 204

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Strikes Back Against Jailbreakers - Stops Signing iPhone OS 3.1.2

  1. #41
    iPhoneaholic gthugballin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Garden Grove, California, United States
    Posts
    439
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 31 Times in 21 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by adamc10 View Post
    hi, am not a computer person but managed to jailbreak my iphone 3gs with firmware 3.1.2, should i not upgrade to 3.1.3? will it fuk my phone if a do?
    If your not a computer person..then no..do NOT upgrade to 3.1.3.
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

  2. #42
    ok cheers, another question is there any virus on cydia/rock that can be uploaded to your computer via an app r something? just had to restore my comp and lost everything cus of the windows security centre virus, not sure.

  3. #43
    If apple is going to put forth effort fo fight against the jb community... That nay be the push I need to go nexus one... I been on the wall but I really wanted to see what the next iPhone was all about... We'll see how this plays out.

  4. #44
    iPhoneaholic gthugballin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Garden Grove, California, United States
    Posts
    439
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 31 Times in 21 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by adamc10 View Post
    ok cheers, another question is there any virus on cydia/rock that can be uploaded to your computer via an app r something? just had to restore my comp and lost everything cus of the windows security centre virus, not sure.
    I wont say that is not possible...but I haven't herd of anything like that happening. Having had a hacked iphone since 1.0 I can say nothing like that has ever happend to me.
    Last edited by gthugballin; 02-04-2010 at 06:30 AM.
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

  5. #45
    ok cheers again, got limewire n stuff like that like so probs came from that.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by adamc10 View Post
    hi, am not a computer person but managed to jailbreak my iphone 3gs with firmware 3.1.2, should i not upgrade to 3.1.3? will it fuk my phone if a do?
    You could put it that way, I guess.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdshft View Post
    iTunes doesn't sign the files on it's own. It phones home to gs.apple.com and signs a few blob files to customize your firmware using your ECID. All Apple has to do is tell it's servers to stop accepting ECID sign requests from certain firmwares and when iTunes phones home it will be denied the request and the restore fails.

    Saurik's servers use gs.apple.com to grab your ECID files, and does this automatically for each firmware release, whether it's installed on your device or not. All you have to do is allow Cydia to do so, if you haven't done so you will see a prompt on the page that shows when Cydia first loads. You can't miss this, you have to be blind or retarded to miss it.

    You then follow the instructions on saurik's site ( Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) ), edit your hosts file to redirect gs.apple.com to 74.208.10.249 (a Cydia TSS server) and you're set. You can ALWAYS downgrade to the firmwares that you have SHSH blobs on file for in Cydia.

    If you've done this and you upgrade to 3.1.3, you can downgrade your OS to 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.2 as long as you have one of those SHSH's on file (if you allowed Cydia to do so at 3.0, then you will have all those and 3.1.3 as well for when and if it's jailbroken). If you don't have your 3.1.2 SHSH on file (or ignored that prompt until now), then you are now too late and cannot ever restore back to 3.1.2 no matter what you do as Apple's servers have stopped signing 3.1.2 and Cydia can no longer grab SHSH's for that firmware.

    I hope this clears things up. It pains me to see news posts that lack such vital information.
    ^^ What he said. If folks have been paying attention all along, you edited your settings in iTunes so you could avoid the "signing" issue.

  8. #48
    not been able to downgrade in itunes restore is old NEWS since before 3.1.0 TELL US SOMTHING WEE DONT NO

  9. #49
    Livin the iPhone Life mikerlx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,366
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    I ain't updating none of my iPhones.

  10. #50
    Apple has been signing the firmware since the 3gs came out....there was no way to downgrade below 3.1.2 before. This is the EXACT same thing that happened with the last 2 firmware releases for the iphone 3gs.

    No offense but to be a member of staff and ask "why they didn't do this before" is kind of ridiculous.

    Just wanted everyone to know that this is NOTHING new. You can still downgrade as long as you have your ECID and SHSH blobs saved either on file, or on cydia. You need to use umbrella or you can even set up your own restore verification server.


    Not that I should be made a mod or anything...

    But as long as you have your ECID and SHSH blobs on file with Cydia you are safe. This article basically makes it sound like impending doom, but really Apple has stopped signing every firmware for the 3gs since 3.0

    I hope this helps.

  11. #51
    About "Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)"

    on the link the address there is 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

    in my "host file" there is this entry

    #cydia
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

    which one is the right IP address?????

    did the IP address change? i put this entry in back when i needed to downgrade to 3.1 i think

    ez

    Evol

  12. #52
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    This is old news. Nothing new!!!!!!

    Edit Poseidon: How many new members do you think we've had since this happened last time? THOUSANDS!!! How many people have purchased iPhones since 3.0 came out? THOUSANDS MORE! Stop thinking inside your tiny tiny little box and think about the community as a whole when making these statements.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 02-04-2010 at 09:37 AM.

  13. #53
    guys, guys, guys....

    Everyone take a deep breath and relax. We go through this pannic every time Apple pulls this crap. And you know what? ~ Every time Jailbreak comes out on top.

    Its just a matter of time. So just be careful with your phones for a while ~ meaning don't do any weird mod that could brick your phone until we get a 3.1.3 jailbreak.

    chill out guys

    tim

  14. #54
    Updated to 3.1.3 on my 2G. No problems. All of those that are fortunate enough to have the newer models, please read the caveats within this thread and in the original article, and then read them again...

  15. #55
    We need a comprehensive backup solution for Jail broken phones. I'm scared to install anything in fear that it might brick my phone and I'd be forced to upgrade.

  16. #56
    I think Apple did something. Yesterday my iphone 3GS froze so i did a reboot and it was stuck on the apple logo. The only way to fix it was do a restore. Now im at 3.1.3 awesome. Steve Jobs can blow me.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    They break my jailbreak? I'm buying a Nexus One. End of story.
    I knew the BS was coming...(those AHoles do it every few months)...That's why I did the same the Day the Nexus came out.

    The "i" can kiss my iass
    Last edited by Promise517; 02-04-2010 at 07:48 AM.

  18. #58
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vindutch View Post
    I think Apple did something. Yesterday my iphone 3GS froze so i did a reboot and it was stuck on the apple logo. The only way to fix it was do a restore. Now im at 3.1.3 awesome. Steve Jobs can blow me.
    Read page 1,2 and 3. Read about me and other people conversation. It can restore to 3.1.2
    I just make it. Read carefully about these conversation if u want to get back 3.1.2 jailbroken.
    And read this
    iPhone 3Gs V 3.1.2 7D11 stuck at Apple logo!! Can't restore to 3.1.2! Help!!
    Last edited by soti; 02-04-2010 at 07:40 AM.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to soti For This Useful Post:

    gthugballin (02-04-2010)

  20. #59
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cmdshft View Post
    iTunes doesn't sign the files on it's own. It phones home to gs.apple.com and signs a few blob files to customize your firmware using your ECID. All Apple has to do is tell it's servers to stop accepting ECID sign requests from certain firmwares and when iTunes phones home it will be denied the request and the restore fails.

    Saurik's servers use gs.apple.com to grab your ECID files, and does this automatically for each firmware release, whether it's installed on your device or not. All you have to do is allow Cydia to do so, if you haven't done so you will see a prompt on the page that shows when Cydia first loads. You can't miss this, you have to be blind or retarded to miss it.

    You then follow the instructions on saurik's site ( Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) ), edit your hosts file to redirect gs.apple.com to 74.208.10.249 (a Cydia TSS server) and you're set. You can ALWAYS downgrade to the firmwares that you have SHSH blobs on file for in Cydia.

    If you've done this and you upgrade to 3.1.3, you can downgrade your OS to 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.2 as long as you have one of those SHSH's on file (if you allowed Cydia to do so at 3.0, then you will have all those and 3.1.3 as well for when and if it's jailbroken). If you don't have your 3.1.2 SHSH on file (or ignored that prompt until now), then you are now too late and cannot ever restore back to 3.1.2 no matter what you do as Apple's servers have stopped signing 3.1.2 and Cydia can no longer grab SHSH's for that firmware.

    I hope this clears things up. It pains me to see news posts that lack such vital information.
    You should also mention that if you do not want an unlock you can upgrade to 3.1.3 but not recommended. But if you want jailbreak you should not upgrade to 3.1.3 because upgrading to this firmware updates your baseband which is what prevents you from having an unlock.

    I would honestly not update to this firmware version unless you have no choice. Luckily for me i saved my shsh files on Cydia. So if i have too and i really hope i wont, i can just restore with custom 3.1.1 or 3.1.2

  21. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Why all the problems?
    If you want to install a lower version firmware then install a lower version of itunes.
    Is it really that hard?
    I'm still on itunes 8.2.1.6 as I don't like 9.* itunes.
    I just installed 3.1.2 about 5 mins ago and its fine. I even downgraded a 2G iphone yesterday from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 via DFU mode and no problems.
    There is no need to install a lower version of iTunes.
    You seem to have missed the point of completely. The 2G and 3G iPhones do not have the problem it is only the 3GS and iPods with serial numbers starting MC that the new security measures have been implemented.

    RedSn0w works to JB 3.13 on the 2G and 3G - but not the 3GS. 3G iPhone owners should not upgrade if they want a software unlock as it updates the BB and there is no software unlock for BB 05.12.01

    If you have any doubt check the Dev Team Blog.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •