+ Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Strikes Back Against Jailbreakers - Stops Signing iPhone OS 3.1.2

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by mirresp yes! that happened 5 or 6 days before the Make My Life Easier click. 3.1.2 yes! I'm pretty aware from that. exactly! That is, 3.1.2 I
    My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mirresp View Post
    yes! that happened 5 or 6 days before the Make My Life Easier click.

yes! I'm pretty aware from that.

exactly! That is, 3.1.2

I did that, and the answer is the same; that is: "This device is not eligible for update"
    Ok when you used Umbrella and put in your ECID and choose 3.1.2 firmware and choose Saurik's Server from the Dropdown arrow then choose Submit did the program indicate that the file was saved?

One other thing when I say choose Saurik's Server you are choosing it from the dropdown arrow on the right side where it says SHSH Repository?

Here is a screen pic of what I am talking about! You need to select Saurik-Cydia
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apple Strikes Back Against Jailbreakers - Stops Signing iPhone OS 3.1.2-umbrella.jpg  
    Last edited by area51crypto; 06-02-2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Attached Thumbnail

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    Ok when you used Umbrella and put in your ECID and choose 3.1.2 firmware and choose Saurik's Server from the Dropdown arrow then choose Submit did the program indicate that the file was saved?
    No, it says that he can't grab ECID/SHSH for that device.

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    One other thing when I say choose Saurik's Server you are choosing it from the dropdown arrow on the right side where it says SHSH Repository?
    yes, that one.

ok. something new happened today.
    working with my iphone for the past 4 days, I forgot to turn it off and to charge battery.
    so, a couple of hours ago, I noticed the sign indicating that the battery was discharged. I charged it, tried umbrella again, and it saved SHSH! but version 3.1.3...

I said that I broke my iPhone trying to upgrade it but I didn't say how.
    As cydia was insisting in upgrading two packages dev-comand and /sbin/firmware (or something like that) and cydia failed in upgrading them, I installed aptitude and tried to repair that package problem with aptitude.

After running "aptitude update; aptitude safe-upgrade", it uninstalled some packages and installed others. After that, Springboard never started. It entered in an infinite loop. After turning it off and on again, I'm able to run blackra1n, but when it tries to start Springboard, it enters in the same infinite loop and never start.

I guess... aptitude installed some 3.1.3 files and that's the reason SHSH is now version 3.1.3 (or some kind of mix?).

I still have 05.11.07 baseband so, technically my iPhone is still unlocked, but I think the only way to make it work again is upgrading to 3.1.3...

Is there any custom, pawned, unlocked, TRUSTFUL, 3.1.3 over there?
    (I saw many, tried some, but I wasn't able to install anyone of them)

thanks...

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mirresp View Post
    No, it says that he can't grab ECID/SHSH for that device.

yes, that one.

ok. something new happened today.
    working with my iphone for the past 4 days, I forgot to turn it off and to charge battery.
    so, a couple of hours ago, I noticed the sign indicating that the battery was discharged. I charged it, tried umbrella again, and it saved SHSH! but version 3.1.3...

I said that I broke my iPhone trying to upgrade it but I didn't say how.
    As cydia was insisting in upgrading two packages dev-comand and /sbin/firmware (or something like that) and cydia failed in upgrading them, I installed aptitude and tried to repair that package problem with aptitude.

After running "aptitude update; aptitude safe-upgrade", it uninstalled some packages and installed others. After that, Springboard never started. It entered in an infinite loop. After turning it off and on again, I'm able to run blackra1n, but when it tries to start Springboard, it enters in the same infinite loop and never start.

I guess... aptitude installed some 3.1.3 files and that's the reason SHSH is now version 3.1.3 (or some kind of mix?).

I still have 05.11.07 baseband so, technically my iPhone is still unlocked, but I think the only way to make it work again is upgrading to 3.1.3...

Is there any custom, pawned, unlocked, TRUSTFUL, 3.1.3 over there?
    (I saw many, tried some, but I wasn't able to install anyone of them)

thanks...
    Umbrella does not save your SHSH's it only retrieves them from one of the 3 choices it has which is Apple which is only going to be 3.1.3 at this time and Saurik-Cydia which depends when you choose Make My Life Easier, and Local host which you create on your computer by either getting them from Apple, which will be 3.1.3 at this time and Saurik-Cydia or if you set up Local Host on your computer which you can use Autoshsh which will save to your computer!

If you have a Mac you can use PWNAGE Tool 3.1.5 and take it to 3.1.3 and it will not change you baseband aka 05.11.07 thats what I used on mine and when through I was at firmware 3.1.3 and baseband was still at 05.11.07! Here is a guide for this! http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5432

There are some Windows based that will do the same thing I just don't know which! You can look at the Jailbreaking Guides on top of this web page and find one that will work, but make sure it does not upgrade your baseband!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 06-02-2010 at 09:13 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

i my self never used that make my life easer
    as its not needed both my phones were Automaticly SHSH'ED

YE THE WINDOWS JAILBRAKER IS SNOWBREZZE

AT LEAST YOUR LUCKY YOU GOT AWAY WITH THAT AFTER WHAT IV JUST READ

AS THESE PROGRAMS FOR BOTH WINDOWS AND MAC FOR 3 1 3 dont work

only 3 1 2 downwards
    Last edited by ProfessorJack; 06-03-2010 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011