Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.1.3 Released - Jailbreakers & Unlockers: Do *NOT* Update!

Sounds like all Apple is doing is poking Jailbreakers with a stick. No real new functionality.

how do i "SHSH on file in cydia" can someone help me with this

Quote Originally Posted by ugmo View Post
    nvr mind it says it in the front page of Cydia "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS3.1.2
    Last edited by ugmo; 02-03-2010 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

nvr mind it says it in the front page of Cydia "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS3.1.2
    mine doesn't say anything.... how can i fix this? Thanks

however if i had to restore 3.1.2 how will i do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull2o08 View Post
    If you have a 1st Gen iPhone the SHSH is irrelevant to you.

however if i had to restore 3.1.2 how will i do that?
    See post 157
    It's 8 posts above yours in this thread.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by stickman1000000 View Post
    just updated and already jailbroken using this guide here

YouTube - How To Jailbreak iPod Touch 2nd Generation 3.1.3!!!! RELEASED!!!

works perfectly with no faults at all
    Doesnt work for 3gs

so can I do this?
    Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)
    Last edited by pimped_up; 02-03-2010 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Factory Unlocked.
    Ok, I read through and didn't see anything about factory unlocked iPhones, and you all have helped me in the past, so I am posting up to help anyone out there in my situation.

I updated my factory unlocked 3GS to 3.1.3. Went fine and everything works, but it was different than all the other firmware updates in the past.

Usually, when I would update my firmware, iTunes would let my iPhone reboot and when it came back on line the main screen in iTunes would say something like "Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked." Today, it just acted like I plugged my iPhone in fresh without having done an update.

Just food for thought.

-Alex

/Also, I don't jailbreak so can't help you there.

Quote Originally Posted by HitNWakes View Post
    Drprince,
    Follow these instructions from Saurik. If this is a Windows7 thing I cannot help you. Not running it yet.

First change your host:
    open the file C:WindowsSystem32driversetchosts and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Performing the Restore

Now, one would have hoped that the process would be as easy as "restore using the 3.0 IPSW". If only we were that lucky. The first problem is that a downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 must be initiated in DFU mode.

So, we begin: hold down the lock and menu buttons (some call these the power and home buttons) for 10 seconds, letting go of the lock button but continuing to hold menu until iTunes recognizes the device with the message: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.".

Note that, at this point, your iPhone's screen should be entirely black. Many people confuse "DFU" with "recovery" (and in fact, iTunes itself glosses over this), but they are quite different. If you see anything on your screen, such as the iTunes logo and a sync cable, or a cartoon of Steve Jobs swearing in Cyrillic, you are in recovery mode and need to try again. One can find videos online that may help.

At this point, you should do a "normal" restore to the 3.0 software. When doing this, remember to hold down the option key (on Mac OS X) or the shift key (Windows) while clicking the Restore button in iTunes. Select the firmware (which is probably named iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw), and things should be on their way.

This was taken from Saurik's site. Its old info and thats why its explaining the 3.0 fw. Make sure you choose your 3.1.2 FW while restoring your phone and make sure you put it in DFU mode before you restore.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Where would I get 3.1.2 FW?

Quote Originally Posted by dratk00l View Post
    Usually, when I would update my firmware, iTunes would let my iPhone reboot and when it came back on line the main screen in iTunes would say something like "Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked." Today, it just acted like I plugged my iPhone in fresh without having done an update.
    When you restore to new firmware you have to activate again - that's when you get the unlocked message. If you just update your FW you don't have to re-activate and hence don't get the message.

Quote Originally Posted by pimped_up View Post
    Where would I get 3.1.2 FW?
    Have you tried looking in the download section? Under Firmware?
    Last edited by confucious; 02-03-2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull2o08 View Post
    I don't know how i did it, keep posting in the forum and hopefully someone can tell you how, good luck

geohot:*There*is*no*solution*for*3.1.3*on*newer*de vices*or*05.12.01*There*is*no*untethered*jailbreak .*I*don't*know*if/when*these*things*will*exist.

Hi..i sent a post earlier that reads.
    Hi.
    I have an unlocked 32gb iphone.
    It worked perfectly for a week or so, then i went away and forgot to charge it.
    When i came back the battery had died so I plugged it in, and itunes installed an update.
    Now the phone is unusable and only displays the usb to itunes display and is locked only allowing emergency calls.
    Please can anybody help me. i need my phone back.
    regards
    mark.
    I have had a few replies...but when i try to read them in the forum...i get lost.coz i dont know what i am looking at/for
    And cant find the responses.
    Please can u help..i really do need my fone back if i can.

Kind regards

Thanks

so if i upgraded to 3.1.3(even though there is no benefit to me) and then wanted to downgrade back to 3.1.2, i could with little inconvenience? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    If you have a 1st Gen iPhone the SHSH is irrelevant to you.

Not sure why you'd want to but with an original iPhone you cam downgrade, the BB hasn't changed so you can still unlock and pretty much do what you want.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Pitbull2o08 (02-03-2010)

what's your bb?

is there a way to downgrade baseband

Hi guys, this is my first post...and not a good one unfortunately :/

I accidently updated to 3.1.3 (READ: Stupidly) and now I've lost all my Rock/Cydia stuff and apps.

I used Redsn0w (cos I have a 1g Ipod Touch) and it works, and so I got really excited. Unfortunately, it said done, but my Ipod didn't reboot/go to lockscreen! Does anyone have any advise on how the hell to fix this?

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks,

Shiv

Default 3g working with redsn0w
    just updated and ran redsn0w on my 3g. All good. Do not use if you need to unlock.

jailbreakers are good to go, hooray for teathering!

Default redsn0w works
    My 3g works absolutely fine with 3.1.3 update and jailbreak using redsn0w.

Thanks

I just wanna know if i upgrade to 3.1.3 on my 1st gen will i lose all my cydia stuff? and if so, how can i store it so i can pull it all out again? thanks

Not sure why you'd want to but with an original iPhone you cam downgrade, the BB hasn't changed so you can still unlock and pretty much do what you want.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Pitbull2o08 For This Useful Post:

sherk11 (02-14-2010)

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast