+ Reply
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.1.3 Released - Jailbreakers & Unlockers: Do *NOT* Update!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
well u have a 2g rite
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

well u have a 2g rite

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TOBERMORAY View Post
    I have just updated my IPhone 3G to 3.1.3 without knowing it, I used Redsnow and pointed it to a 3.1.2 Restore ipsw and and its unlocked. I have installed my usual software from Cydia and all works ok.
    What's your BB?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post
    Looks like they patched up the baseband again... Jailbreaking still works with some slight adjustments... Hopefully geohot will get on this! Or maybe the chronic dev team will take some more money to give you nothing again... lol
    dev team doesnt take money at all!

nm i cant read lol
    Last edited by robbpell; 02-02-2010 at 03:44 PM.
    Yeah, you'll be the coolest person in the room when you pull one out and show it around, but that gets old fast when three other people have them and one person somehow has one that glows in the dark.
    John C. Dvorak
    The American columnist and broadcaster in article 'Rethinking the iPhone' in PC Magazine.

Thanks

Default 3.0 MoFo
    I'd rather wait a little (lot) longer for Dev team to create a 'safe' JB than go with a buggy 'I need it now' attempt by the boy wonder...

Nothin worth nothin since 3.0 anyways....

I'll be waiting for 4.0 or maybe an upgraded iphone!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Maybe this will fix my minor battery reporting error....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

u gotta love those^

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Major firmware upgrades always come with the release of a new iPhone, which always happens over the summer. Why is this so difficult for people to understand?

Thanks

i personally don't care about OS 4.0. i just want the improved speed, screen quality, and all that that will come with the new hardware. what will OS 4.0 do that a jailbroken 3.1.2 can't? it probably does less.

Thanks

There seems to be a glitch with the battery meter on 3.1.3 because I would be at 83% and then if I restart it would go down to 76% but then 10 seconds later would go back to 83%. This would happen each time I restart. Anyone having this issue also?
    Last edited by NYC718; 02-02-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote from above
    "GO TO CYDIA NOW and get your keys signed on the front page if you have not. That way you'll always at least be able to restore to 3.1.2."

Would someone please explain what "get yours keys now" means I have looked on the front page of Cydia and there is nothing mentioned

Thanks Clive

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm sure most people on here know never to upgrade, especially as we're all the way up to 3.1.2 now (from 1.1.2 and 2.1, etc....the good old days, lol)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clive.weller View Post
    Quote from above
    "GO TO CYDIA NOW and get your keys signed on the front page if you have not. That way you'll always at least be able to restore to 3.1.2."

Would someone please explain what "get yours keys now" means I have looked on the front page of Cydia and there is nothing mentioned

Thanks Clive

This article explains the whole thing and what it is.

Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

Also when you open Cydia on the very front page does it say at the top something along the lines that your SHSH is on file for, 3.2.1 or anyhting?

Also be sure to change your HOSTs file as explained in the page I refered you to.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Not sure about this SHSH file thing, I heard about the epidemic and the warnings to store it though during the fall.
    I have a iPod Touch 1G Pwned, do I need to store the SHSH file in order to downgrade or am I safe?

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

Amazing....Common sense dictates to NOT upgrade anything on your iphone if you are jailbroken. Everyone should know to wait for confirmation that there are functional j/b programs.

I have warned everyone that I helped jailbreak. (yes...there are some people that are to scared, or that even mess up the simplest j/b program).

Waiting with anticipation for the 'HOW CAN I GET CYDIA, ROCK, AND RECOVER ALL MY APPS ON 3.1.3!' comments!

FEELING EVIL AND MEAN TODAY!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blind56 View Post
    Not sure about this SHSH file thing, I heard about the epidemic and the warnings to store it though during the fall.
    I have a iPod Touch 1G Pwned, do I need to store the SHSH file in order to downgrade or am I safe?
    It is more for the 3GS and newer iTouchs. They have an extra layer of security against rolling back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The app fix is when you try to launch and app and it starts up but then goes back to the home screen. It's a VERY common problem. The best quick fix is to download a free app from the AppStore. I fix about fie of these a day at my job.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All I want is an iPhone unlocked. I wouldn't say "no" to the jailbreak if there was a way to seperate these actions.

I never used an iPhone without tettered jailbreak. I don't like tettered thing. I really don't care about firmware version, just want my iphone unlocked. It is just one week-old. No way except tettered jailbreak to unlock it. I hope blackra1n will be upgraded soon.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

^ Its not blackra1n that is the problem with your tethered jailbreak, blackra1n does its job. Your iPhone is the problem. It has been modified to react that way to jailbroken iPhones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    ^ Its not blackra1n that is the problem with your tethered jailbreak, blackra1n does its job. Your iPhone is the problem. It has been modified to react that way to jailbroken iPhones.
    But someone is going to crack this modification some day and I'll take a deep breath.. Right?

iPhone is great but I hate Apple. They'd sell much more if they release it already jailbroken. Freedom is the best

Thanks

so i just recently got the 3GS cause my 3G was acting a fool and i jailbroke via blackra1n and it was a tetherd jailbreak, i thought it was only suppose to be tetherd for 3rd gen ipods well long story short my phone died on me the itunes logo popped up on my phone telling me to restore/update to 3.1.3 so, yeah!
    Last edited by Broomhead; 02-02-2010 at 06:47 PM.
    PS3 ID : glassJAw624 : add it