+ Reply
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.1.3 Released - Jailbreakers & Unlockers: Do *NOT* Update!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ibfr33k View Post
    There's always a RETARD that takes figure of speech WAY out of context. The phrase "THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO" also means that someone said that "they will". I never said that they HAD to and they are REQUIRED to. "THEY", if you really don't know you should not even be reading anything on this site, refers to the elite people that has the knowledge and skills to jailbreak for us, the ones that don't know how. The ones that everybody appreciates the time and hard work they spend jailbreaking the idevices (IDEVICE: an Apple product such as iPhone, iPod, iPad. since you don't know that either). "THEY" could be referring to Chronic Dev Team, Geohot, lilsteve, MuscleNerd,...should I go on? And with almost 500 posts here and you still don't really know? WOW

Your sentence about "THEY" didn't change their minds. That is incorrect. I take it you didn't read anything about the initial release of the jailbreak for the first of April? Since other things came up and they (refer to THEY above) wasn't able to release it to the public yet. Same with the jailbreak for the 4.0b1 firmware. It was going to be released last week but something came up with that also. So it was delayed a little longer to work out some small issues.

Next time, if you don't have any idea what your talking about, don't even post.
    You know, for someone with only 30 posts, you sure have an attitude. My comments, although immediately following your previous post, had more to do with the scores of people who come on this site who seem to think that they are owed something by the devs. I am quite well aware of who the devs are, but there are many people who seem to think there is some nefarious person or persons who owe them and everyone else something. If you are not one of those people, then don't post comments that make you seem like you are.

I can't speak for anyone else, but in threads like this one, there are far too many people posting in the same way that your previous post was, implying that the devs - those who you have correctly identified now, but didn't in your previous post - are just lackies, sitting around doing nothing, and that they need to get busy and provide this community with a new jailbreak.

I am sorry if you took my comments personally. But, I hope you understand what I meant. The attitude of so many people that they are owed something, and that everything should be free for them, just irritates me.

Thanks

Apologies accepted
    I see what your referring to about some people expect others to instantly give them something they've worked hard on. Some people do have that attitude that they are owed. If I came across as one of those people, I apologize also. I'm definitely not one of those types. I understand why they wait on releasing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

We're cool. Thanks.

In the meantime... back on topic... I truly feel for those who purchased a new iPhone at 3.1.3, or had to have their's serviced or replaced and it became upgraded to 3.1.3. I surely hope I don't need to have Apple service my phone soon... But, for those who upgraded themself because they have to have the latest and greatest release, without so much as checking to see if it was ok... well, I have no sympathies for them.

Not that they will ever read this... but, rule of thumb - NEVER EVER upgrade until you have checked and found out that you can successfully jailbrake/unlock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok I'm confused. So many people saying to much bs. A 3g with 3.1.3 never jailbroke can be jail broke? It's been a long time since I needed to jail break but after my 3.1.2 crashed I had to restore. So I miss cydia

Thanks

Yes. You should be able to on the 3G with 3.1.3. I had one of them before I swapped to the 3GS and it worked just fine. I used redsn0w and followed the walkthrough from RedmondPie.com . There are others but I have never tried them.

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    We're cool. Thanks.

In the meantime... back on topic... I truly feel for those who purchased a new iPhone at 3.1.3, or had to have their's serviced or replaced and it became upgraded to 3.1.3. I surely hope I don't need to have Apple service my phone soon... But, for those who upgraded themself because they have to have the latest and greatest release, without so much as checking to see if it was ok... well, I have no sympathies for them.

Not that they will ever read this... but, rule of thumb - NEVER EVER upgrade until you have checked and found out that you can successfully jailbrake/unlock.
    I was one of those noobs I bought a 3G 8GB late Feb (my very first iphone, or idevice ever) and seen this site. I didn't do too much reading on the jailbraking. Only enough to tell me that it could be done. I found the how-to on redmondpie.com's site and done what it told me and it worked perfectly. Being the noob I was, I didn't know that the 3GS's couldn't be broken. I went to the store about a week after and upgraded it to the 3GS with 16GB. Done some more reading and found out that there's no way of braking it.
    The real funny thing is my wife and I bought 3GS's the same time. Mine's black and her's is white. Her's is 3.1.2. but mine came with 3.1.3. And she wont trade me because she don't want a black one.

Sometimes we learn the hard way. Now I'm wearing out my F5 checking this site regularly to see if someone came out with one for the 3.1.3 so I can customize again.
    Last edited by ibfr33k; 04-16-2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ibfr33k For This Useful Post:

Takeiteasy911 (04-21-2010)

Thanks

Oops - missed the last post - ignore this one.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I used snowbreeze look it up on you0tube

10. The Following User Says Thank You to thanku_roflzombies For This Useful Post:

jorge2778 (05-01-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When Will they realise they jailbreaking for 3gs 3.1.3 mew bootroom..

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

never they will save it for 4.0. 3.1.3 was just to piss us off
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak a new iPhone on3.1.3???
    Well I have two issues with my iPhone 3gs. My screen is messed up pretty bad and my gps doesn't work. My question is if I go get a replacement from apple will I be able to jailbreak it?? I have no interest in having a un JB iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Chances are pretty slim. On very very rare occasions did someone at this point get a refurb with 3.1.2 on it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

where do i get the link they are all pay downloads???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help Needed...long awaiting for serious HELP
    I have an Iphone 3G and I mistakenly updated to 3.1.3 firmware. I was able to jailbreak the phone but since then my iphone have been sitting there and I cannot get signal from my carrier (Carrier is not Official AT&T carrier).

Is there anyway to downgrade the baseband and change the bootloader file 6.04? I would really like to start using the iphone as a phone, because its been there used only for apps, cannot get signal and cannot see my carrier on screen......pllz Help.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Instead of updating to 3.1.3 I just used firmware faker so I still have my 32gb 3gs on 3.1.2 but faked to 3.1.3 to run apps. Even iTunes says it is on 3.1.3 so that's the only way to fly.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

18. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

unklbyl (04-29-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kidromeo64 View Post
    I have an Iphone 3G and I mistakenly updated to 3.1.3 firmware. I was able to jailbreak the phone but since then my iphone have been sitting there and I cannot get signal from my carrier (Carrier is not Official AT&T carrier).

Is there anyway to downgrade the baseband and change the bootloader file 6.04? I would really like to start using the iphone as a phone, because its been there used only for apps, cannot get signal and cannot see my carrier on screen......pllz Help.
    If you've updated then there is nothing you can do now. When 4.0 comes out (probably end of June / early July) hopefully someone will unlock that.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey...
    I just bought a new 3GS with 3.1.3 off the grey market. So i dont have any idea what Sim Card is the official carrier on this phone. I know we cant jailbreak it yet. But is there any way i could activate it without the SIM card so that i could atleast use it for Navigation Or Facebook Or An iPod... If anybody knows a solution pls HELP ME>>>>>

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i upgraded to 3.1.3 from 3.1.2 because my ipod wasnt responding

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had to update to 3.1.3 as my phone would not restore through iTunes on 3.1.2 which it was on, not sure why.

Anyways after restoring phone but upgrading to 3.1.3 I managed to Jailbreak using RedSn0w 0.9.2 and the 3.1.2 Restore firmware.

It took a few trys as the phone kept bypassing DFU mode, but managed to do it, and all is working fine for me.

Thanks

A3G can be JB on 3.13 - a 3GS can't be JB on 3.13

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

aaronsantoyo (05-02-2010), junks (05-02-2010)