+ Reply
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.1.3 Released - Jailbreakers & Unlockers: Do *NOT* Update!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
But can someone please explain WHY there is a commercial RIGHT HERE in modmyi that says 3.1.3 Unlock! BLBLABLA. They are selling a software, is it fake or whats up???!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But can someone please explain WHY there is a commercial RIGHT HERE in modmyi that says 3.1.3 Unlock! BLBLABLA. They are selling a software, is it fake or whats up???! The site that the commercial leads to: *****iphoneunlocker
    Last edited by Cer0; 03-05-2010 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

It is fake. Since the site is made up as a iPhone site most ad places just use a feed that puts ads gear'd to the sites. Sometimes you get ads that lead to false sites.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sorry if i ask any dumb questions, i am a caveman when it comes to tech stuff. so, i think im one of the fools who may have accidentally downloaded the latest version firmware 3.1.3 and now my iphone 2g is stuck in recovery. i understand that i can not go back to 3.1.2 but is there another option? i can get texts and calls but can not return them. and the phone stays on the itunes/ usb screen. please help a caveman out. thanks

any options for the fool who downloaded the new firmware? please help im new at this. thank you.
    Last edited by harwelltattoos; 03-09-2010 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

With a 2G it's not a problem. Just run RedSn0w 0.92 and use the 3.12 ipsw and you can JB and unlock your 2G iPhone on FW 3.13
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help
    any options for the fool who downloaded the new firmware? please help im new at this. thank you.

thank you for your time. ill give it a shot.
    Last edited by harwelltattoos; 03-09-2010 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this forum dumbed down.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toolwerx View Post
    this forum dumbed down.
    Good second post - nice of you to contribute...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Whatever happened to "once jailbroken, always jailbroken"? I remember a while back that the dev team said something to that effect. I forget what firmware it was. But I do remember that once you jb, you would always be able to.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

help, i need to know if there is a way to unlock a 3g iphone with 3.1.3 firmware...i accidentally upgraded my phone that was unlocked for my tmobile sim, now i cant get my phone off the recovery screen and itunes says it cant recognize my sim. what should i do??? i was thinking of downgrading but would i need to use an att sim in order to do that so i can unlock it??? help!! plz!!

Thanks

Unless your phone is one of the very first 3G iPhones (week 28 of 2008) you can not unlock. You can JB using RedSn0w but you can't downgrade your BaseBand so can not unlock.

Once you have JB using RedSn0w you can check your s/no and if the 3rd, 4th and 5th digits are 828 you are OK - if later then you can't downgrade.
    Last edited by confucious; 03-10-2010 at 01:42 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a 6 day old iPhone 3GS on firmware 3.1.3, with baseband 05.12.01 on an MC model. I guess I'm not going to be jailbreaking my phone anytime soon?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello every body, I am the victum of 3.1.3 updation, can anybody tell me that any possibility I can jailbreak my phone again,. plzzz help

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just had a question.
    I want to get a new iphone and currently am on 3.0 FW.
    Can I get the new iphone and jailbreak it? Is it possible?
    Can I re-jailbreak my jailbroken phone?
    Reason I want the new one is because my battery sucks but
    also I need a restore really bad and could live with
    a new jailbreak to keep 3.0 goto 1.2 or 1.3.

Thanks

Without knowing what sort of phones people are asking about it is very difficult to answer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sorry, I have a 3G 16 GB iPhone Jailbroken on FW 3.0

Thanks

A 3G can be JB on any FW released so far using RedSn0w, but if you want to unlock you have to upgrade using pwnage to preserve your BB.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Unless your phone is one of the very first 3G iPhones (week 28 of 2008) you can not unlock. You can JB using RedSn0w but you can't downgrade your BaseBand so can not unlock.

Once you have JB using RedSn0w you can check your s/no and if the 3rd, 4th and 5th digits are 828 you are OK - if later then you can't downgrade.
    being a very new and novice user, am afraid of taking any step. last one was to unknowingly upgrade to 3.1.3 for which i am still
    mine is 3GS 16gb (serial #4,5 are 4,3) and i face same problem of non-recognized sim and usb - itunes logo doesnt go (was unlocked sometime back by my brother). being at 3.1.3, is it possible just to jailbreak and use it as an ipod touch? i know the unlock is not available, but will redsn0w work for me?

thanks in advance

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Where
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1212 View Post
    I just had a question.
    I want to get a new iphone and currently am on 3.0 FW.
    Can I get the new iphone and jailbreak it? Is it possible?
    Can I re-jailbreak my jailbroken phone?
    Reason I want the new one is because my battery sucks but
    also I need a restore really bad and could live with
    a new jailbreak to keep 3.0 goto 1.2 or 1.3.
    Where are you going to get the new iphone?

If it is from carrier your probality going to get a 3gs with 3.1.3 firmware and new boot rom, just my opinion

If you buy from ebay and the seller says unlocked just ask him the firmware and bb so you will know! Also the 4 and 5 digits or the serial! If he is selling saying it is unlocked he knows what the phone is going to be used for! If it is unlocked and firmware is at 3.1.3 Pwnage will jailbreak and you should be able to use any sim!

Circuit City has 3gs for sale and it says they are unlocked! Cost a arm and both legs! 3gs 16 was about $800 and 32 was $1000! Thats a lot of money!

Please describe the " the battery sucks "

Area51
    Last edited by area51crypto; 03-11-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rishikesh View Post
    being a very new and novice user, am afraid of taking any step. last one was to unknowingly upgrade to 3.1.3 for which i am still
    mine is 3GS 16gb (serial #4,5 are 4,3) and i face same problem of non-recognized sim and usb - itunes logo doesnt go (was unlocked sometime back by my brother). being at 3.1.3, is it possible just to jailbreak and use it as an ipod touch? i know the unlock is not available, but will redsn0w work for me?

thanks in advance
    Unfortunately the 3GS on the new iBoot can not be JB on 3.13 at the moment.
    Can you borrow a SIM from the carier it's locked too? If so you can at least activate it so you can use as an iPod until the next FW is unlocked.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

rishikesh (03-12-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I got screwed on this one. I have an older 3g (old enough to be out of wty) I am repairing that was on 2.2.1 and had to be upgraded for the apps to work on 3.x so I had to restore it to 3.1.3 since it had never been on 3.x and has no hashes. Now I have the new baseband on the 3g phone and can't unlock it for the guy, just jailbreak.

No way around that one! Had to do it.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s