+ Reply
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.1.3 Released - Jailbreakers & Unlockers: Do *NOT* Update!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Why is everyone saying that you can't go back to 3.1.2, I just did it on my iPod Touch 2G.
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Why is everyone saying that you can't go back to 3.1.2, I just did it on my iPod Touch 2G.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do i get back to 3.1.2 on the new 3gs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THePaRaSiTE5771 View Post
    No one has said you can't on your device.

Quote Originally Posted by gordo8 View Post
    how do i get back to 3.1.2 on the new 3gs?
    You can't on your device unless you have your blobs on cydia - and even then you won't be able to unlock.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Oh, sorry I thought people were saying that you can't go back to 3.1.2 on ANY device. What do you mean :unless you have your blobs on cydia?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCountry View Post
    how about your network settings?

I have wataniya down here in kuwait..seeing that I'm kinda sol on my situation I was thinking of going ahead and trying the update..my phone is just a paper weight now
    i checked my network settings and its not letting me change much but everything was set the same as it was last time while i was using zain on 3.0 and when i go to carrier to try and select it and take it off automatic it says can not load carrier list

Thanks

Yeah, bs as usual.....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Please help!!!!
    Ok.... so first of all, I just registered in order to post on this forum. I am new and unexperienced so please take it easy on me. I am the idiot who upgraded BEFORE vieiwing this post...

Is it possible to downgrade from 5.12.01? I am one of the idiots who upgraded and did not realize that there may not yet be a crack on Blackra1n for 5.12.01.

Any ideas?

If there is nothing I can do, how long till they come out with Blackra1n for 5.12.01?

Thanks so much!

Dan

Thanks

BlackRa1n is the Jailbreak which is not dependent on BaseBand. Jou can JB 3.13 using RedSn0w but you can not unlock BB 05.12.01
    If you just want to JB use RedSn0w, if you rely on a software unlock you are out of luck. I do not believe there will be one for this BaseBand.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    BlackRa1n is the Jailbreak which is not dependent on BaseBand. Jou can JB 3.13 using RedSn0w but you can not unlock BB 05.12.01
    If you just want to JB use RedSn0w, if you rely on a software unlock you are out of luck. I do not believe there will be one for this BaseBand.
    First of all, THANK YOU for responding! Secondly, I am a newbie and am not so sure what you mean.... I need the phone to work on all SIM cards with ALL carriers. What will JUST jailbreaking accomplish? I believe I need to unlock as well. What are my options to get this iPhone back to its status of being unlocked and jailbroken?

Please message me.... or send me an email: [email protected]

THANKS!

Dan

Thanks

You want to unlock as well and, like I said, this is not possible now you have updated your BB.
    Unless your carrier will unlock your phone for you, you now have a phone that can only be used on that one carrier for the foreseeable future.

What's Jailbreak? SouthernCountry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leftshoe View Post
    i checked my network settings and its not letting me change much but everything was set the same as it was last time while i was using zain on 3.0 and when i go to carrier to try and select it and take it off automatic it says can not load carrier list
    if u dont have the 5.11 bb then thats why u cant connect..try to get zain to unlock it..I know they can cause people down here have bought their iPhone downtown or in Dubai with the sim unlock but they have the tethered jb on theirs..kinda sucks

UPDATE: I followed the snowbreeze update and now my phone is back up and running like a champ and bb is still 5.11 ^_^

Green Apple
    Thanks
    When will they have a Jailbreak AND unlock for this BB?

What's Jailbreak? SouthernCountry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lewkskywalker View Post
    When will they have a Jailbreak AND unlock for this BB?
    shouldnt be long depending on how much grief Apple is trying to cause us it could be awhile..hopefully u have another phone to use in the mean time

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCountry View Post
    shouldnt be long depending on how much grief Apple is trying to cause us it could be awhile..hopefully u have another phone to use in the mean time
    How does it work.... are there people all over who are trying to crack things and they come out? In your experience, how long do you estimate it to be? In truth, I wanted to sell this phone. I have a couple unsellable (for now) 16GB lying around. I am tempted to just swap out the logic boards and fix the other one when the crack comes out. Will a new Logicboard with the old bb work?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

There is no rush on an unlock solution for this baseband. Apple will change the baseband again in a few short months so no body will be working on an unlock for this.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Spectra5 (02-17-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    There is no rush on an unlock solution for this baseband. Apple will change the baseband again in a few short months so no body will be working on an unlock for this.
    I agree. Nobody is even working on an unlock. They will wait for the next iPhone

18. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Spectra5 (02-17-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a noob question. I have a 3gs unlocked and jailbroken running 3.1.2 on 05.11.07 baseband. I used blackra1n and blacksnow. I did not backup my SHSH with cydia. Can i still jailbreak with blackra1n if the battery dies? Can I ever log onto itunes again or will it force a 3.1.3 upgrade. Thanks.

Thanks

iTunes does not force an update, you have to specifically accept it.
    You are fine to run BlackRa1n and synch to iTunes.
    Just hope you never have to restore though because if you do you will have to restore to 3.13 and will lose your JB and unlock.
    Why didn't you let cydia grab your files?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    So what do people in my situation do?

By the way, will switching logic boards solve the problem?

Is RedSn0w going to come out with a solution.... I know I am not the only one with this problem.

Thanks!

Thanks

People were warned not to update. as Geohot put it:
    I hear rumors going around that the 3.1.3 jailbreak is hard. It isn't. But the only people it helps are those dumb enough to upgrade. Sorry.