+ Reply
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.1.3 Released - Jailbreakers & Unlockers: Do *NOT* Update!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Has cydia got your files?
    Thanks

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think Im screwed my iphone bricked (stuck on boot cycle) and now I cant restore it from an old backups and it just says The iPhone "iPhone" could not be stored. This device isnt eligible fpr the requested build." Can anyone help me, I dont want to upgrade to 3.1.3, I was about to get my keys signed but I didnt know how, now Im paying the price. HELPPPP
    Last edited by mSidhu; 02-05-2010 at 03:04 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nope to Cydia. and I am not even novice level at this stuff :-(

Thanks

Your 3GS is JB and you never used cydia?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Your 3GS is JB and you never used cydia?
    my 3gs is jailbroken and I have used cydia. I actually know a lot. Can you please help me. My phones stuck on the boot cycle.

Thanks

If you used cydia it asked you if you wanted it to make your life easier. Did you say no?

What's Jailbreak? SouthernCountry's Avatar
    Thanks

yea..and guess wtf just happened...it miraculously just started up on its own and now Im lookin like WTF just happened but it is up and working fine now like nothing ever happened..this is wierd...oh and I do have shsh in cydia enabled

I still have a problem tho..in the future how do I restore my phone without required update..if im not connected online itunes wont even attempt it but if I am online it will only let me use the latest ipsw which I'm not touching

I'm still a baby in the iphone and jb world..I bought my first iphone in Oct 09 and am still learning things

Thanks

I couldn't understand how cydia wouldn't have your files.
    See Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) read and follow the instructions.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you used cydia it asked you if you wanted it to make your life easier. Did you say no?
    I am not sure I cant remember, why?

Thanks

If you did, cydia has your files. If you didn't you are screwed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When I jailbroke, I downloaded Rock and Cydia, I dont know how to find my files???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i already updated my firmware... its already 3.1.3 i need some help how can i change it back to 3.1.2? im using vista and i still got the 3.1.2 firmware thing but i clicked it like 5 times but nothing happen.... help pls... sry for the language

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    Certainly not enough for me to risk my jailbreak for these fixes even with a 3GS, I haven't really had any battery issues but I have had apps crashing left & right. Oh well, the price you pay to remain jailbroken.
    idk what is baseband is... but i need some help... i already updated my ipodtouch 2ndG into 3.1.3... how can i put it back into 3.1.2? help pls... i jus lost everything in cydia...

help me...

edit, profanity like that, misspelled or not is a no no, PG forum, read the rules.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 02-05-2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

OK.. remember earlier I said my phone froze and then got stuck in boot then magically loaded up...well now it did it again and because I dont know how it loaded up last time I'm lost

I tried to restore my phone with 3.1.2ipsw I have downloaded..I do the shift+r thing and it extracts it then comes the fun part, itunes says my phone is ineligible etc..

How do I restore my phone without it verifying ipsw?

one of my friends said he doesnt even go online when he does it so what am I missing because when I close my connection itunes wont even attempt to restore

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

unfortunately, I just purchased an iphone 3G 16GB from someone on craigslist. Well actually traded a laptop for it. I didnt think it would be that big of a deal that he unlocked it to AT&T on 3.1.3 well it looks like I was wrong. I currently have an iPhone (1st generation) that works fine, so I figured worse case scenario I could wait... Well now it looks like I will be waiting a long time since 3.1.3 isnt a "worthy" enough of an update for the dev team to tackle. I still am running an old version of itunes, and have never JB/UL a 3G on this PC. Do I still have a chance of possibly downgrading the firmware? Do I have any options at this point besides waiting? Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks

I havent had any problems,,, i was actually having issues with my phone lately on 3.1.2 where i wouldent get messages, having decided i wanna wipe it clean i did so and installed 3.1.3 and JB with redsn0w and it is working fine, Cydia and Winderboard,,,, categoriesSB etc etc everything wirks quite nicely, then again Unlocking isnt an issue for me because im on O2 anyway lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    unfortunately, I just purchased an iphone 3G 16GB from someone on craigslist. Well actually traded a laptop for it. I didnt think it would be that big of a deal that he unlocked it to AT&T on 3.1.3 well it looks like I was wrong. I currently have an iPhone (1st generation) that works fine, so I figured worse case scenario I could wait... Well now it looks like I will be waiting a long time since 3.1.3 isnt a "worthy" enough of an update for the dev team to tackle. I still am running an old version of itunes, and have never JB/UL a 3G on this PC. Do I still have a chance of possibly downgrading the firmware? Do I have any options at this point besides waiting? Thanks in advance!!!
    If the BB has been upgraded to 05.12.01 then that's the reason the previous owner sold it. There is unlikely to be an unlock for this BB.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    There still other ways to downgrade your phone back to 3.1.2.

Before doing that, please confirm you are having an Iphone 3G 16Gb (not 3Gs) then go to Settings to see if the Model is not start with MC.... Then we'll discuss further

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by morekeps12 View Post
    i already updated my firmware... its already 3.1.3 i need some help how can i change it back to 3.1.2? im using vista and i still got the 3.1.2 firmware thing but i clicked it like 5 times but nothing happen.... help pls... sry for the language

idk what is baseband is... but i need some help... i already updated my ipodtouch 2ndG into 3.1.3... how can i put it back into 3.1.2? help pls... i jus lost everything in cydia...

help me...
    Here is your link: Easiest Way to Downgrade Your iPod Touch to 3.1.2 From Firmware 3.1.3 | ProgrammerFish

Credit to Mr. Google

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCountry View Post
    sooo..today I'm walking to my room and all of a sudden no service and my phone freezes..I decide to do a hard reset, now phone stuck in boot cycle

then I went to restore my phone and I cant restore without updating 3.1.3..

yes I have a 3gs and yes its jb
    no I have not updated itunes or my phone, and yes I still have the 3.1.2 ipsw

Is there any way possible for me to restore this phone or am I stuck til a jb comes out?
    Yes you are, bad news huh

Read this: iPhone 3GS Users Can't Restore to iPhone OS 3.1.2 as Apple Has Stopped Signing Firmware Files - iPhone Hacks

Credit to Mr. Google

Tracy
    Last edited by aloha81; 02-06-2010 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iphone 3.1.3
    I updated my iphone to 3.1.3 and jailbroke it using redsn0w and it works just fine i even got it to recognize my sim card and im using a zain iq sim card (currently overseas in iraq) but its not finding signal yet so the unlock might be working right yet but it is possible to jailbreak

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default i am an idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    I just updated my iPhone, and now all my apps and Cydia are gone!!!!!! What happened???? I need them back!!!!! Someone help please!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought I would post this, in humor, to see how long it takes until someone posts the same thing seriously.
    I am that person, aghhhhhh. I am such an idiot!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leftshoe View Post
    I updated my iphone to 3.1.3 and jailbroke it using redsn0w and it works just fine i even got it to recognize my sim card and im using a zain iq sim card (currently overseas in iraq) but its not finding signal yet so the unlock might be working right yet but it is possible to jailbreak
    how about your network settings?

I have wataniya down here in kuwait..seeing that I'm kinda sol on my situation I was thinking of going ahead and trying the update..my phone is just a paper weight now