+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reveals New Developer Clock

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Like swaddling a fussy baby awaiting its next feeding, Apple is continuing to ramp up efforts to pacify developers eager to monitor the progress of the application approval process. Building
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple Reveals New Developer Clock

Like swaddling a fussy baby awaiting its next feeding, Apple is continuing to ramp up efforts to pacify developers eager to monitor the progress of the application approval process. Building on the clocks, status bars, and other upgrades to the ways in which Apple communicates with developers, Cupertino is tinkering with yet another improvement to help keep developers in the loop.

Recently, Apple made it possible for developers to monitor the overall application approval status. But if developers all over the world are like those I am proud to call my friends, the time frame Apple used for the progress clock was less than ideal.

From Mac Rumors:

Previously, the review status widget offered only a single number displaying the percentage of applications currently being approved within two weeks of submission.
    But that was then. And this is now. Apple has unveiled a brand spankin' new clock that reveals the percentage of new applications stamped with Apple's seal of approval within the last seven days. In addition, the clock also shows the total percentage of apps updated and similarly approved within the last 7 days. For the time being, the approval percentages are virtually frozen at 99% for updates and 98% for newly submitted applications.

The new wording of the status indicator leaves some question, however, about whether it continues to refer to an approval rate as it implied previously or if the data refers strictly to Apple having reviewed submissions.
    How about a real-time approval progress bar for each application submitted with a daily personal email from Steve Jobs to
    provide updates on your app's status. Is that asking for too much?

Images via Utech and Mac Rumors

Green Apple
    Thanks
    How about a real-time approval progress bar for each application submitted with a daily personal email from Steve Jobs to
    provide updates on your app's status. Is that asking for too much?
    That would be nice!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

im not sure its very helpful at all

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Yeah, I dont really think it is
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

with its overall status, it still begs the question of your own app approval process.
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

the real question is. how long will appstore remain king? with android devices on "X" carriers, that makes for a rather fap-tastic equation.

Banned
    Thanks

Isn't the Google Voice app still awaiting approval? I wonder if this will help Google figure out when it will make it through the approval process.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brandonmarback View Post
    Isn't the Google Voice app still awaiting approval? I wonder if this will help Google figure out when it will make it through the approval process.
    pretty sure the official gv app was denied, and soon after any other third party gv apps were removed from the apple app store

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thrash907 View Post
    pretty sure the official gv app was denied, and soon after any other third party gv apps were removed from the apple app store
    it was in the appstore for a while. i would know cause i nabbed it.

oh wait, oh wait:

we are overcome... the age of ignorance and ungentle exhumation is upon us...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This information seems more like a tease than anything else. They could just as easily throw those numbers up there in hopes of pleasing people..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    the real question is. how long will appstore remain king? with android devices on "X" carriers, that makes for a rather fap-tastic equation.
    Im pretty sure the android market wont take over apples, have you seen the android market lately? Ive purchased the Nexus One just to play with and gotta tell you, the Android Market is so messy, not organized, anybody can post apps, most of the apps dont work because they were designed for other Android Phones. half of the apps dont have any pictures,,and most of all,,the apps are just not the same as on the iPhone, not as smooth, the graphics not as good, etc..u get the idea

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aldech View Post
    Im pretty sure the android market wont take over apples, have you seen the android market lately? Ive purchased the Nexus One just to play with and gotta tell you, the Android Market is so messy, not organized, anybody can post apps, most of the apps dont work because they were designed for other Android Phones. half of the apps dont have any pictures,,and most of all,,the apps are just not the same as on the iPhone, not as smooth, the graphics not as good, etc..u get the idea
    sounds like someone is just angry that beautiful boobs wasn't ported over.