+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DragonFireSDK allows for windows programmers to make apps for the iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default DragonFireSDK allows for windows programmers to make apps for the iPhone

DragonFireSDK is a new tool that allows you to develop iPhone applications on Windows.Objective-C language is no longer necessary because it is based on more popular programming languages: C and C ++ using Microsoft Visual C ++.
    Your creations will be 100% compatible with the iPhone, and there will be no problems upon approval. You can send your app to Apple via DragonFireSDK’s distribution portal or just use your developer account.

Now, it's your turn!
    DragonFireSDK makes iPhone App development easy! You have every opportunity to create an App that could be on iPhones around the world. Our goal is to make the process as easy as possible for you to see your App selling at the iPhone App store. Games created with DragonFireSDK can be completely written and debugged in Windows and are also fully compliant for distribution and sales at the Apple iPhone App Store.
    Although you will be coding in C++ , when the app will be completed , DragonFireSDK will automagically convert it into Apple’s development language. You will also get an iPhone simulator, test your apps on jailbroken devices and create 2D games.
    The iTunes appstore already features an app, created with this tool, called UnStacker. It is free and you can check it out here. DragonFireSDK is still in beta and you need to apply as a tester. If you want to do so, you can send them an email. You can also find more info on the official site.

[via funkyspacemonkey.com]
    Last edited by Nicholas Knight; 01-30-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wonder how these apps will turn out!!!

Thanks

will allow me to apply winterboard themes and config them without ssh'ing? if so, how? i'm very interested in this.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Nice! Even more of a reason to start reading these damn books I got lying around here.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    will allow me to apply winterboard themes and config them without ssh'ing? if so, how? i'm very interested in this.
    LOL. What?! This is an SDK for for developing apps for the iPhone on Windows. Not WinterBoard. hehehe. Nothing to do with themes there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post

This is an SDK for for developing apps for the iPhone on Windows. Not WinterBoard.
    oh poo. i thought this ran an iphone simulation, and you could insert files into it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

They will be sued by Apple soon...You have to be a member of the iPhone Dev Program to have access to the SDK. I see legal issues in the near future for DragonFire
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome! A jailbroken iPhone Simulator!
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

Thanks

will this run the 3.2 sdk which has the iPad simulator ?????????
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

no it won't.

Thanks

this is a custom one but for windows with no affiliation with apple at all. What they did was buy a dev license so when you compile your work. It will post under their name (from what it looks like)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Knight View Post
    this is a custom one but for windows with no affiliation with apple at all. What they did was buy a dev license so when you compile your work. It will post under their name (from what it looks like)
    Also a little disconcerning. If you are submitting under their license then you are signing the rights to your program or app over to them. I am curious to find out more about how this is going to work. I am not instantly knocking the product, just a little concerned about the legality and right of the consumers
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

This is great news...but they will face some trouble by Apple.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Default Id love this
    Id try it

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

for fun I ran a few c++ apps I have writing thru this and it writes very unoptimized Objc/cocoa code...

Would not recommend this to anyone who plans on making more then simple games/apps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mudslag's Avatar
    Thanks

wish I learned how to program

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    They will be sued by Apple soon...You have to be a member of the iPhone Dev Program to have access to the SDK. I see legal issues in the near future for DragonFire
    What they did was buy a Dev SDK then reversed enginered it or in simpler terms they jail broke the SDK which isnt any different then what people do with there Iphones ect. now apple has in there Dev program that you must develope apps on an intel mac with OSX x.x.x or higher. What I see is apple taking all of the profits and or taking the apps from there app store from the developers that sneak apps past them on the windows based compiler by simply saying the developer didn't follow all agreements ect ect. How can they take the profits back? simple give the apple clients a full refund then demand the money back from the developer would only take a hand full of developers to get treated like that before the rest just fall in line.

Thanks

i would just use it for jailbroken phones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Knight View Post
    i would just use it for jailbroken phones.
    Then the head lines need to be changed the impression I got and other people I am sure will assume the same thing by reading DragonFireSDK web sites info that apple supports there efforts.

DragonFireSDK makes iPhone App development easy! You have every opportunity to create an App that could be on iPhones around the world. Our goal is to make the process as easy as possible for you to see your App selling at the iPhone App store. Games created with DragonFireSDK can be completely written and debugged in Windows and are also fully compliant for distribution and sales at the Apple iPhone App Store.

Which is clearly not the case as in the terms of use it says by apple that you have to develope applications for the app store on an Intel Mac running OSX x.x.x or higher.

Now I am not knocking anyones attempt to make a buck or crack an app but at the same time if Apple strikes back at the developer level then the developer and in the end the end user will be left in the cold.

Does anyone know why Apple only wants Iphone development done in an apple enviroment? Let me give you the reason and you will see why apple will not in the near or distant future allow for sotware development for there product line in a non apple enviroment.

Lets say your an actual software development company or someone who is doing things legit in there software creation for the 6.4 million Iphone users. (I will leave Ipod users out)

Apples requirements are you have to develop on an Intel based Mac. ok fair enough

17 inch Macbook Pro $1,700.00 to ?????

Adobe master suite for mac $2,000.00

Office for Mac $250.00 (or so)

Figure your doing it right so about another 2,000.00 in software development / video editing / ect other then adobe.

Now keep in mind also you need a server to hold all your info. so cheapest Mac server is $999.00

It cost 299.00 for the enterprise lisc and 99.00 for the regular lisc so figure another 400.00 to get fully into the development program.

So for a professional software developer or development company to do things right they are going to invest at least 6,500.00 to 8,000.00 depending on the final hardware specs.
    Last edited by icreepin; 01-30-2010 at 09:21 PM.

Thanks

hmm.interesting enough.
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

Imagine saying that to apple. They would probley say something as to. Well you will make it all back. If your apps are sucessful and sold within our app store. its just about the money and they want to watch you to monitor your every movement and control you even if you plot against them. Its just about control and money.