+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PushFix 2.0 Offers Real Push Notification Solution for Unlocked iPhones

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
boy...im glad i dont have to unlock
    Thanks

boy...im glad i dont have to unlock
    killall Terminal[]

Green Apple
    Thanks

well worth the six lousy bucks, thanks pushfix!!! my 3gs is snazzy again!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone alohawaii's Avatar
    Thanks

Would it be worth it to purchase this if I'm running on T-Mobile? I have the original pushfix. Although I receive random facebook notifications, youtube seems to be working and I don't have that annoying "connect to itunes to use push notifications" pop up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got mine working, but the battery life was severly affected and the phone could not receive phone calls, it only received text messages so I removed the push. This fix sounds good, so put me in the draw :0)
    If I Helped You Hit Thanks
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well as i was typing in modmyi and just now and as i was typing i remembered i needed to find a way to get push notifications working, but i was like eh what the hell i'm sure i'll find it here anyyway.... what do ya know , the first post, push notifications! do i deserve it for my somewhat psychic ability? yes!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Finally! Those other "fixes" that were out on the web made things worse for not just me but my little siblings also. For weeks we were all getting some one elses IM's and probably other people where getting ours. I blamed att and thought their system was not ready to handle "push". So I cancelled and went to T-Mobile. Only to find out that the problem was the "fix" not the Cell Company or Apple. ETF down the drain. Now the great reviews in these pages alone is enough to convince me. I need something easy, without so many confusing steps, and this is it. Like I started out this experience saying, Finally! Gotta buy 2 for my little siblings and then one for myself, unless I win!

Thanks

I can't find this in Cydia? Anyone know if I need to add a repo or something?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pushfix View Post
    If that's all you think I did, that's your opinion, but you obviously haven't read a single d*mn thing I said. Getting the certs was the easiest part of this whole project (for me) and I bet it would take you a week to get what I provide in one day.

If you're so smart, why don't you do it? You'll find it is a lot harder to do this on a global scale than you think. You really think you can just slap any old certificate on any phone in the world on any carrier and it just takes right off, huh?
    Dude, you're taking my comment too seriously, or just simply taking what I just said too simple. Anyway, for me, I am all for fun only, as long as it works for who I know And I am glad you're doing this for the community, cheers!
    Last edited by bmxtreme; 01-30-2010 at 10:30 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ive had this problem for a while..i tried maully putting certifycates in and the little nimble trick.i need push notifications

Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KiZZ View Post
    I can't find this in Cydia? Anyone know if I need to add a repo or something?
    You must purchases a certificate first and then add their Repo to cydia to get this fix.

http://pushinfo.fix

Thanks

Like the guy that started the post said, I also spent countless hours trying to get push to work. When the pushfix came out on cydia, it worked for a few minutes, and I thought I finally made it... Then I started getting weird push notifications that I wasn't supposed to get.
    One time I got this x rated push from a girl I don't know, and just my luck that my wife saw it, and it took me over twice the time it took to enable that faulty push in the first place to get her to understand that i got it by mistake.
    That was one of the worst week of my life.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is great. I hope I win. Anyways I have been having issues with push fix and all of the other fixes that never seem to work. I do a lot of off site job projects and most of the time we instant message back and forward each other. With my jailbroken iphone, I lose a lot of the pushed messages. It would be nice to have a "real" fix."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This sounds like a pretty awesome service. I can't tell you how long I have been trying to get push notifications to work properly on my phone just to have my email push just fine, but facebook push notifications that were not only not mine, but were in a different language as well. So frustrating. I don't know if winners have been picked, but this would be very useful.
    I can hack an iPhone. Am I cool yet?
    Still too cool for a signature.

V1q
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Since I live abroad while doing a postgrad course, I was looking forward to using push notification apps like Ping. Since I have a jailbroken Iphone (otherwise I couldnít put in another SIM card) I canít use any push apps at all, which is a bummer. Texts cost me a lot and emails are just not as fast. I tried getting it to work, with no luck and gave up on push notifications. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel though now!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ive tried every little trick out there and its still no push on my 3gs...would love to win one of those licenses :-)

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I can also confirm this works on a 3G, 3.0.1 FW, 4.26.08 baseband, Pwn'd months ago, T-Mobile $20/mo post-paid data. Never tried any push before, so did not start over with a fresh restore. Just purchased via PayPal, added the repo, downloaded the app, rebooted. The PushTest app, Yahoo Messenger and IM+ working perfectly. Maybe I'll find a good use for this, maybe not. A bit more than I wanted to pay, but for $5.99, this was a whole lot easier than finding an AT&T friend and doing it myself
    Last edited by Mes; 01-30-2010 at 09:58 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have a question does the att sim card have to be active? i mean in order to have the push notifications working. i have the att sim that came with the iphone but its not active.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    My unlocked & jailbroken 2G hasn't had propper push notification since they announced the service. I moved to Bangkok from Bermuda and I wanted to stay in touch with my friends using ping! and WhatsApp. However, I have been unsuccessful in all my attempts at installing the first push fix. For a while I received a few push notifications...but hours or days after they were sent. Please help me! I want to upgrade to 3G, but that won't happen for some time. I need push fix2!

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iscorpio8321 View Post
    i have a question does the att sim card have to be active? i mean in order to have the push notifications working. i have the att sim that came with the iphone but its not active.
    Keep searching & asking, but today I understand it must be an active account. There was a time when this was not the case. However back then activation did not involve acquiring push certificates.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had this issue of not getting psh workin after unlock on iphone 3gs. looked around for various soloutions non worked. so lets hope this works.
    so cna i get my free licence code plz.. LOL