Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pirate Ship Destroyed: ********** Shuts Down Project

Default Pirate Ship Destroyed: ********** Shuts Down Project

NOTE: This article is for informational purpose. ModMyi does not condone nor support the use of pirated material.

**********, an iPhone App which allows users to install pirated software to their phone, has bowed out of the scene after speaking to a legal representative about how well ********** could stand up in court for legal issues.

Starting from just a small blog, which grew to an overwhelmingly busy and popular forum, the ********** app had provided a user friendly way to browse the web and download or install apps, while attempting to be clean from any association with wherever the apps come from, simply trying to be a middle man installer for IPAs.

After the developer of ********** had spoken to a lawyer, he was told that even with these attempts to steer clear of legalities, he would never have a solid case and would be putting himself into a lot of trouble. Which is of no surprise really, Pirates never win... unless your Johnny Depp.

There is a rather lengthy blog post, which you'll have to find yourself, that I'll try to summarize for a quick read:

Why is this happening? Legalities.. ********** allowed you to browse / download / install, without providing any links to cracked materials... our discussion left me sad and even feeling stupid to have invested so much effort into this, and involved people with me... You see, after talking for more than an hour with him, I'm sorry but the conclusion is that what we do would be very hard to defend against in court...

What Will Happen? These forums will close, and repositories too. Just a few more weeks, and everything will be shut down and deleted.... ********** 3 will not and cannot ever be released. It all must end here... ..To make things clear, we have never shared our source code, and we can never do so, simply for legality's sake...
    While we all know another developer will probably just take their place, it just goes to show it's a never ending battle, and just like all other before it, they will sink every pirate ship they can.

Google: **********

lol it was too slow anyways. found a better source, but i'm not sharing. don't want it getting bogged down like poor ol inst@llou$ did

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

well i think it was said a new site was coming up for it

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

just to clarify, Insta-llous and ********** are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    lol it was too slow anyways. found a better source, but i'm not sharing. don't want it getting bogged down like poor ol inst@llou$ did
    lol ********** had nothing to do with the speed. The speed was from ********.

Default i disagree
    In **********' defense since 2.0.4 came out my app is running lightning fast.

********** is not **********. Notice the "0". ********** is not down nor is ********. Just wanted to clarify that for integrity's sake.

Thanks

********** could've been a good thing. It allowed some to actually try an app before spending $10-20 on an app and be stuck with it. I actually used it to try out wunder radio and beejive which i paid for once I realized how great of an app they were.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LSZ33 For This Useful Post:

Rican Bx Bomba (01-26-2010)

"Which is of no surprise really, Pirates never win... unless your Johnny Depp." Oh really? What planet do you live on. People by the millions freely pirate/share everything from software, music, movies, and applications everyday. My momma taught me to share and that's exactly what I will do.

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    ********** could've been a good thing. It allowed some to actually try an app before spending $10-20 on an app and be stuck with it. I actually used it to try out wunder radio and beejive which i paid for once I realized how great of an app they were.
    It's not down, it's alive and well.
    Last edited by hudsontripod; 01-26-2010 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hudsontripod For This Useful Post:

niceshades (01-26-2010), Rican Bx Bomba (01-26-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    lol ********** had nothing to do with the speed. The speed was from ********.
    nope. i was using their site, not the app.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

well it doesnt mater ur npt supposed to b talkin bout cracked apps

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Thanks

thats why they just released a better version of ********** just under a different name. good job johnny law. it always seems that there just wasting there time
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    there just wasting there time
    wasting their time on attending school. lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    well it doesnt mater ur npt supposed to b talkin bout cracked apps:
    This is true. But why are they posting news about cracked apps here in the first place? You know it's going to bring discussion up. And you know it's going to inform people who didn't previously know "Hey, I can get that paid app for free?" So don't blame it on the users who discuss it, but on the person who wrote about it. If you don't want people to talk about it then just don't post it on the front page. Doesn't make sense to me that the topic is something taboo in here when staff writers get the right to talk about it. Why censor out the words if it's going to be in huge bold letters in our front page?
    Last edited by adp; 01-26-2010 at 04:27 PM.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

17. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

LSZ33 (10-20-2010)

This thread will be deleted by the days end...watch. By the way, the staff writer's useless article is more of a smear piece than an actual dissemination of useful reporting and facts. And yes install-ous did just release a new and improved app.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hudsontripod View Post
    This thread will be deleted by the days end...watch. By the way, the staff writer's useless article is more of a smear piece than an actual dissemination of useful reporting and facts. And yes install-ous did just release a new and improved app.
    Or just locked.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

gthugballin (01-26-2010), Melech518 (01-26-2010)