Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
01-25-2010, 08:14 PM #1
LockInfo 2.0 - The Most Comprehensive LockScreen App Available
LockInfo, developed by David Ashman, who also brought us WeatherIcon, has updated LockInfo to 2.0 bringing a plethora of new features making it the most complete, and comprehensive LockScreen app available for the iPhone.
LockInfo is now completely interactive, infact, so interactive that I find myself unlocking my iPhone less and less, completing most tasks right from the lockscreen. I can preview emails, delete emails, mark emails as read, and so on for SMS and Push Notifications. That's right, push notifications are now featured in LockInfo.
I simply tap on an email, and the windows swings around showing me a preview of the message I wish to read. By tapping a refresh icon, I can check for new mail as well. Read and manage everything from your lockscreen quickly, and smoothly, I **** you not. There are privacy settings that will allow you to hide SMS Texts and even be more specific and hide just subjects and modify preview settings.
New features in 2.0 include:
- Push notifications right on your lockscreen.
- Preview your emails from the lockscreen. No need to unlock.
- Delete your emails after previewing them.
- Mark emails, SMSs and push notifications as read directly from your lockscreen.
- Manual refresh for mail, weather and twitter plugins.
- Privacy settings to hide SMS text and email subjects and previews.
- Adjustable font sizes.
- Performance and stability improvements.
- Note that many of the new features do not work with HTML themes for LockInfo (Gruppled, 235lax, etc). To take full advantage of the new features, you should turn off the HTML themes in WinterBoard.
Next week I will be featuring a LockScreen showdown between the various LockScreen apps we currently have available in the JB Community. We'll go into detail about each and compare their pros and cons.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:
01-25-2010, 08:19 PM #2
The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:
01-25-2010, 08:22 PM #3
that's pretty cool.
01-25-2010, 08:27 PM #4
How's the battery on this?
01-25-2010, 08:33 PM #5
is it available in Cydia yet?
01-25-2010, 08:36 PM #6
I haven't noticed a decrease in battery life with LockInfo.
Yep it's available on Cydia now. 14 day trial period too.
01-25-2010, 08:40 PM #7
The reason i love it? it doesnt make my SB crash anymore when locking and unlocking the screen really quick.
01-25-2010, 08:41 PM #8
Setting it up now
01-25-2010, 08:49 PM #9
V2 has been out for a few days now.
01-25-2010, 08:51 PM #10
ive been having my eye on this app but will it work with quickreply?
01-25-2010, 08:56 PM #11
So my phone resprung and my apps moved back to the first page...........
Last edited by Pcpro745; 01-25-2010 at 09:05 PM.
01-25-2010, 09:06 PM #12
Wow. All that accessibility... from the lockscreen. Almost too much.
01-25-2010, 09:09 PM #13
01-25-2010, 09:48 PM #14
can u reach your contacts/favorites from lockscreen thats the main reason i have smartscreen is for the contacts widget
01-25-2010, 09:49 PM #15
sometimes i wish i never bought intelliscreen they rarely update their app.. this looks much nicer and half the price.
01-25-2010, 10:42 PM #16
Salayyad: FYI - IntelliScreen update is underway - completely new design with many new features . Also - while lockscreen is a great alternative - there are some major differences in how things work - for example, IntelliScreen won't crash springboard - as it runs in the mail container, etc. (Not saying that lockscreen crashes - but in all apps - there are bugs ). Good work David on lockscreenSend iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!
The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:
01-25-2010, 11:16 PM #17
1. IMO it's a redundant app for lazy people. It;s not that hard to slide the unlock screen.
2. It will drain your battery.
3. It adds nothing new to your iPhone experience, and at steep price
4. Those who purchased it now, will delete it in a month or so.
5. I owned it, and found it annoying.
01-25-2010, 11:31 PM #18
i bought this after the trail went gone..its worth it to me.very usefulTHANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..
01-26-2010, 12:14 AM #19
01-26-2010, 12:34 AM #20
2. What does this even mean nowadays? Using your phone in general drains your battery. Apps drain your battery. I have seen no complaints of lockinfo sucking more battery life than any other application.
3.. Personally, I don't use this for mail, but it's invaluable for just checking my schedule/to do list and planning my week, seeing as everything is ordered chronologically. What day of the week is so-and-so's birthday this year? How much time do I have between event A and event B next Saturday? The weather, mail, etc are just bonuses.
4. I've gotten most of colleagues to purchase or consider purchasing this app. All of them have found it useful. I'm assuming you deleted it after paying the steep price of $5?
5. That may be, but give the developer some credit. From what I've seen, he's responded quickly and efficiently to the demands of his clients. To find the app not to your liking is fine, but to deny the usefulness it serves to many is just plain wrong.