+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LockInfo 2.0 - The Most Comprehensive LockScreen App Available

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by barneyrubbleuk To all those that have come on here and criticised lock info. please keep your terrible opinion to your self (don't buy it if thats the
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barneyrubbleuk View Post
    To all those that have come on here and criticised lock info. please keep your terrible opinion to your self (don't buy it if thats the case). IMO this is awesome and very well worth the small amount you have to pay, there has been issues along the way like David said but give the guy a break its work in progress and getting better all the time. Lock info. Bite sms and sb settings are staples in the jailbroken iphone. This is very professionally done and better than any other lock screen widget thingy out there by a mile. As i said you are entitled to an opinion but know this YOU ARE WRONG. :
    So you get express an opinion but we don't, well **** you too

Luckily the real world doesn't operate on your beliefs of blindly following.

Didn't buy it either, it was cracked before it was released. Glad I didn't.
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 01-26-2010 at 08:28 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stimpy5050's Avatar
    Thanks

LockInfo 2.0 is on ModMyI. Just make sure you have the ModMyI source installed. On the battery question, I only have anecdotal evidence, but there is no noticeable battery drain from LI itself. The majority of battery issues comes from the fact that people tend to turn on their screens more and leave them on to view the lockscreen more, resulting in higher battery drain.

Also, I think it's important that people voice positive and negative feedback on the product. This is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their voice.
    LockInfo - Unlock your information. Info Cydia

Thanks

How do I change my weather location to the correct location?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stimpy5050's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JayWheelz View Post
    How do I change my weather location to the correct location?
    LockInfo uses WeatherIcon to handle weather updates. The standard way to do that is to set the first location in the default Weather application to your location. If you are using an HTML theme for LI, it's a different game.
    LockInfo - Unlock your information. Info Cydia

AKA pierrechampoux Andis Jackson's Avatar
    Thanks

How customizable is this? Is there a way to swipe to the right or left to hide the lockscreen info temporarily?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kory108 View Post
    I am not able to find LockInfo or LockInfo 2 in Cydia. Is it under a special source? What source is it listed under? I can see the cracked versions but that's not what I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabo82 View Post
    where can i find this lockinfo 2. I am not able to find it in cydia
    This is in the ModMyI repo, but it is only titled LockInfo.. NOT LockInfo 2. He has simply updated LockInfo 1. I was confused by this myself as the article presents it like a new app.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy5050 View Post
    LockInfo uses WeatherIcon to handle weather updates. The standard way to do that is to set the first location in the default Weather application to your location. If you are using an HTML theme for LI, it's a different game.
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah i just realized that. I love this app. Cant wait for the facebook integration.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default and if you lose your iphone or it is stolen????
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaroney1 View Post
    Wow. All that accessibility... from the lockscreen. Almost too much.
    SORRY. It is too much.

If you lose your iphone and someone else finds it...they instantly have access to your stuff!

If your iphone is stolen...same scenario!

Living in the real world, where bad things happen every day, this easy data accessibility makes it pretty simple for some neanderthal to have access to your private data!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Salayyad: FYI - IntelliScreen update is underway - completely new design with many new features . Also - while lockscreen is a great alternative - there are some major differences in how things work - for example, IntelliScreen won't crash springboard - as it runs in the mail container, etc. (Not saying that lockscreen crashes - but in all apps - there are bugs ). Good work David on lockscreen
    Kinda nice way to plug your product and bash his all in one post. I'm buying lockinfo just because of this post. I was torn between the two but not anymore.
    Last edited by squassss; 01-26-2010 at 11:35 AM.

Thanks

ive allways been an intelliscreen man myself[w/tLert&eLert]. this does look pretty descent though.

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Salayyad: FYI - IntelliScreen update is underway - completely new design with many new features ...........
    this is great news psuskeels. cant wait. however there has been a bug between intelliscreen and cydial for quite awhile now. [basically once the weather info pops up in intelliscreen i cant scroll or activate the cydgets] i reinstalled intellidial and the issue went away. so i contacted saurik about the bug and he said its not his issue.its intelliborns. contacted intelliborn but they never got back. ive found a work around. i double tap the home button bringing up the ipod controls[this clears the weather(FYI- doesnt work to just hide weather by tapping on the date/time) and then single tap one more time to bring up the cydialer. then i can activate. weird huh? the soul reason why ive chosen cydialer over intellidial is that its GUI is much nicer. no other reason. so all in all, im just curious if this issue will be included in any part of the new intelliscreen update? thanks
    Last edited by rhekt; 01-26-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    killall Terminal[]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is crap. Had the original LockInfo. Went to Cydia and got 2.0. Paid through Amazon and activated the license via the link in settings. Disabled Gruppled Lockinfo like it suggests. went to settings to configure it, turned on calendar, now I get nothing but Sad iPhone, reset after reset. Thanks, Ashman.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nucka View Post
    This is crap. Had the original LockInfo. Went to Cydia and got 2.0. Paid through Amazon and activated the license via the link in settings. Disabled Gruppled Lockinfo like it suggests. went to settings to configure it, turned on calendar, now I get nothing but Sad iPhone, reset after reset. Thanks, Ashman.
    Perhaps you should contact the developer before posting here with a complaint. I just purchased this 5 mins ago with zero conflict. Don't put your lack of ability on the developer. It just makes you look foolish.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I brought this when it was first released but uninstalled it as it wasnt what i hoped for.
    Think i might reinstall it now though as this looks amazing
    DANIEL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by squassss View Post
    Perhaps you should contact the developer before posting here with a complaint. I just purchased this 5 mins ago with zero conflict. Don't put your lack of ability on the developer. It just makes you look foolish.
    No need to be a douche. The fact remains that if I remove the package, my phone works. If I install the package, it's Sad iPhone all day long. I happen to love LockInfo. I got it for my old 3G, configured Gruppled LockInfo for it, weather and all, before all of the pieces were readily available on Cydia. So, my "ability" is quite up to par. I immediately reinstalled it once I got my new 3GS. I was completely jacked when I saw the 2.0 release, and am severely disappointed that it refuses to work on my phone. And I have contacted the developer. Last time I checked, message boards are for posting complaints, just as much as they are for posting rave reviews. So, if I sounded a little annoyed in my previous post, I get that way when my phone doesn't work. Keep your asinine comments on a stranger's technical competence to yourself. It makes you look like a self-important little asshat.
    Last edited by nucka; 01-26-2010 at 01:42 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No need to be a douche. The fact remains that if I remove the package, my phone works. If I install the package, it's Sad iPhone all day long. I happen to love LockInfo. I got it for my old 3G, configured Gruppled LockInfo for it, weather and all, before all of the pieces were readily available on Cydia. So, my "ability" is quite up to par. I immediately reinstalled it once I got my new 3GS. I was completely jacked when I saw the 2.0 release, and am severely disappointed that it refuses to work on my phone. And I have contacted the developer. Last time I checked, message boards are for posting complaints, just as much as they are for posting rave reviews. So, if I sounded a little annoyed in my previous post, I get that way when my phone doesn't work. Keep your asinine comments on a stranger's technical competence to yourself.
    you keep saying "my phone". Therein lies the problem. It's your phone that is the issue. Your "complaint" is nothing more than a technical issue that requires technical support and not really a review. Perhaps the developer can help you find out why your phone is the issue.
    Last edited by squassss; 01-26-2010 at 01:44 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Heelfan71's Avatar
    Thanks

It makes you look like a self-important little asshat.
    Touche

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Heelfan71 For This Useful Post:

nucka (01-26-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

LI is amazing, I do wish it had a quick reply feature though. I would pay for such a plugin

iPhone? More like MyPhone shabz_de_don's Avatar
    Thanks

lockinfo is fantastic is does most things i want it to a few things mssing but thats not a problem, so i use smartscreen on the lockscreen and lockinfo as my homescreen its fantastic n conflicts with anything irealsms works great with it... i get all my push notifications on the screen i.e facebook, twitter etc... i highly recommend everyone to get this!

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

Thanks

how do i use the todo feature on this. Everything works except for that.

how do I change the color for the headers
    Last edited by anig; 01-26-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost