Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Two Days Left for AT&T iPhone Exclusivity?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Don't be silly. Those pissed off customers will move wherever the iphone moves.
    kinda true...i might move LOL

but i'm sure at&t will still carry the iphone
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Thanks

Some of you are mis-reading the article. Just because AT&T loses "iPhone exclusivity" does not mean that it will no longer carry it. It just means that there will be more options for people who want a different network. Just because you get 3G in your metropolitan city doesn't mean everyone else does. I don't see anything bad out of this. More competition usually results in gains for the customer. If you want to stay then stay - no one is forcing you to jump. There will just be more options.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Has Apple created a strictly CDMA iPhone for any other carrier world wide? I know of CDMA carriers creating a GSM network so they can offer the iPhone but has Apple created an iPhone strictly for CDMA?

It is very possible that the "tablet" will be subsidized possibly by Verizon on their network but everyone hoping an iPhone will make an appearance on that network is just wishing for false hopes.

Once Verizon gets LTE underway (and I mean available everywhere and not just 20 markets possibly by years end) then your hopes might be realized. Until then I don't see it happening Wednesday. Also I've heard more that the exclusive ATT contract ends in 2011, not this year. I will eat crow if I am wrong, but I doubt I am.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Does this mean the iPhone will be released with Verizon on the 26th or 27th???
    It does not mean either. This is a rumor and is pure speculation of what the announcement on Wednesday may hold.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

I hope they carrier independent with support for tmobile/att/verizon. That would make them more money.

Thanks

if this tablet is a device that requires 2 year agreement for internet use then I will not pay for a overpriced unsubsidized tablet on ebay or be signing up for 2 years just to own the tablet. However, if its a wifi ONLY device at a $600-1000 price tag then I am in. Theoretically, the iphone is on 2 networks in the US ATT and Tmobile.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bigperm26's Avatar
    Thanks

^ +1...I'm on T-Mobile already with my 3GS and I really hope t-Mobile finally gets some iPhone action. Not being able to use the 3G speed I'm already paying for (essentially) blows! Bring it!

I would find it hilarious if they offered an iPhone, but restricted the built-in features like they did on all of their Win-Mo devices.

GPS-less or something. That would be epic.

I hope it goes to cricket jk But i dont think it will go to verizon i dont think there network can handle it
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

im just ready to hear whats going on... all this stuff is giving me a headache... i dont give a damn if they go to verizon... at&t will still keep the iphone they aint crazy...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigperm26 View Post
    ^ +1...I'm on T-Mobile already with my 3GS and I really hope t-Mobile finally gets some iPhone action. Not being able to use the 3G speed I'm already paying for (essentially) blows! Bring it!
    Making the iPhone official would just murder T-mobile's network. Honestly - it's just not ready for it.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

ah well hope it still goies to tmobile

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

if AT&T's exclusivity ends this year, the iphone will not be put into an exclusive contract with another carrier. that would be suicide for AT&T[they would not allow that]. all but a handfull of AT&T iphone users would be left. everyone would jump ship. if anything changes here, its going to be just another carrier along with AT&T that will offer the iphone. so everybody just take a breather. for all of us that like AT&t, itll still be here [including the 4G] for all of you who want change, it looks likely that Verizon will carry as well...
    killall Terminal[]

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    if AT&T's exclusivity ends this year, the iphone will not be put into an exclusive contract with another carrier. that would be suicide for AT&T[they would not allow that]. all but a handfull of AT&T iphone users would be left. everyone would jump ship. if anything changes here, its going to be just another carrier along with AT&T that will offer the iphone. so everybody just take a breather. for all of us that like AT&t, itll still be here [including the 4G] for all of you who want change, it looks likely that Verizon will carry as well...
    i agree...

I think that Carrier Exclusivity for any phone is LAME!!!! You mean I have to switch to XXX just to get that F@#$n Phone?????

I would still be on Sprint if they had the iPhone. And I would pay less per month with better coverage

I would like to see Sprint to get the iPhone, and not Verizon, and have Verizon users leave Verizon! My Old roommate sells Verizon. He tries to talk me to getting Verizon... Then I go to his house, and he talks on his droid, and drops his call, and I have a awesome signal on my iphone 3gs. I just laugh at him.

Thanks

awww, hi new pal. i'll play with you. (tee hee)
    ...and another wasted day begins.

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by audiochild View Post
    I don't think Apple is lame enough to piss off SO MANY at&t customers by only offering a new 4G phone on Verizon.
    I do but don't think it is lame. It was lame to have ANY exclusivity to start with.
    Thanks,

Timbo

Quote Originally Posted by jaminmc View Post
    My Old roommate sells Verizon. He tries to talk me to getting Verizon... Then I go to his house, and he talks on his droid, and drops his call, and I have a awesome signal on my iphone 3gs. I just laugh at him.
    I have a friend that sells Sprint. It is funny cause he talked a couple of friends into changing over. When I go to their houses they get no signal and I have full signal and data.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by addictedto3gs View Post
    They released the HD2 and the Nexus One and they maybe faster, open sourced, and bigger screens but Apple is still selling more iPhone 3GS models.
    Not true cuz HD2 hasn't been released yet, but when it does then look out cuz that phone is going to be a killer. Nexus one is an android and until they can get it together with the app storage, the multi-touch, and google's bogus price then they perhaps one day, would be considered something special. For now, apple is safe until windows mobile 7 or until HD2 comes out for T-mobile.
    Last edited by Bluprint; 01-25-2010 at 05:46 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast