+ Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RedSn0w 0.9 Released for Mac and Windows

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Yeah i agree, geohot is good at what he does, and blackra1n is a good jailbreak. i'm just tired of my wifi acting up, my location not working all the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah i agree, geohot is good at what he does, and blackra1n is a good jailbreak. i'm just tired of my wifi acting up, my location not working all the time, and my youtube being hit or miss on it working or not. geohot even said it had its bugs. i've never had any problems with any dev team jailbreaks though. i just think it's more stable. i guess after using dev team jailbreaks since the first gen i'm used to jailbreak having less problems. but it's all personal preference

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tario70's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angeloma420 View Post
    Yeah i agree, geohot is good at what he does, and blackra1n is a good jailbreak. i'm just tired of my wifi acting up, my location not working all the time, and my youtube being hit or miss on it working or not. geohot even said it had its bugs. i've never had any problems with any dev team jailbreaks though. i just think it's more stable. i guess after using dev team jailbreaks since the first gen i'm used to jailbreak having less problems. but it's all personal preference
    See, now at least this, I can understand. There are problems for some with blackra1n (I've jailbroken 2 3GS' & 2 3G's with ZERO problems) & that's why I stated, let us be thankful that we have ALL of these people working toward solutions instead of complaining. Just seems ridiculous to complain about someone giving their time & effort for all of us & getting zero in return (though Geohot accepted donations, it was still free). The least we can do is say "thanks."

~Tario70

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sucks! U still got to plug in and run redsnow wen ur phone is turned off for any reason??? Super lame...u can already do that with blackrain n it's faster...

Thanks

this is just like when they released that new memcard exploit for the ps2 to play backups when the ps3 already came out....lol
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Lots of ungrateful people here, I see. Nice ...

iPhone? More like MyPhone SchmilK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Lots of ungrateful people here, I see. Nice ...
    And here I thought the iPhone scene wasn't going to be like how the PSP scene is now, which is being over run by ungrateful leechers scaring off the developers with their endless negative comments

ugh....people need to respect the code writers!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Everyone is quick to defend the hackers code but not app store developers code...

Thanks

If you stop releasing tools because someone posts something negative about you, so be it. Someone else will release it.

Thanks

I have to agree with Tario70, i can not believe how people feel intitled and want everything right away, these people are doing this for us, be grateful and stop hating.

Thanks

I have never had any Wifi issues with Blackra1n. I do notice YouTube acts up by not loading sometimes. Funny thing about my GPS, it takes a good 20 seconds to find my location. It always starts by going to my old apartment 50 miles away from my current location. The thing is, the iPhone has never been to my old apartment. I had a 3G there, but I traded up for a 3GS after I moved. Strange. I would rather use redsn0w. As soon as its out of beta, I'll take the time to restore and Jailbreak with redsn0w.

Thanks

It's too late...majority of the jailbreakers jailbroke with blackra1n.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    It's too late...majority of the jailbreakers jailbroke with blackra1n.
    not mee. never could get blackra1n to work with my iphone with tmobile
    but when my friends give me their ipods to jailbreak it does it flawlessly.

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

I might just do a restore, and give this a whirl...

Thanks

my device finds the carrier but i get no strenght signal where i normally get full strenght ... anyone knows what's wrong ? i have a 3G running on 3.1.2 firmware unlock with blackra1in ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by renabrasa View Post
    my device finds the carrier but i get no strenght signal where i normally get full strenght ... anyone knows what's wrong ? i have a 3G running on 3.1.2 firmware unlock with blackra1in ?
    Just curious if you've tried resetting the network settings? I did my friends 3G and as soon as I reset the settings, all solved.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    well said. and because the devteam wont be ******* about finding balloons to release there jailbreaks
    How do you guys know Dev team jailbreak is better?
    Have you guys broke down Geohot (?) and Dev teams jailbreak program and actually compared both?
    Many people here did Geohot jailbreak and never had any problem, isn't that what most people is looking for?

I appreciate any company that releases ways to jailbreak the phones, especially when they do it for free. Just wish Dev team some how find a way to do untethered jailbreak for newer phones.

BTW Geohot released the jailbreak and unlock free of charge or conditions, he only said he will think about finding ways to do untethered jailbreak for 3.1.2 if people help him find balloons.
    Last edited by unison999; 01-22-2010 at 08:53 PM.

Thanks

pretty cool, but just so everyone knows, it seems Apple has yet again updated the bootrom making the 24kpwn exploit useless on week 50 or later iPhone 3GS's. I picked up a refurb tonight, and I can confirm neither blackrain nor redsnow can jailbreak it. Blackrain will jailbreak the device, but once you reboot it shows the apple logo then shuts down. It doesn't reach the recovery mode screen allowing you to do a tethered jailbreak. Even if you force the device to go into recovery mode, the tethered jailbreak doesn't work. It's back to square one I suppose. This is just another reason for me NOT to purchase the next iphone revision.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
    pretty cool, but just so everyone knows, it seems Apple has yet again updated the bootrom making the 24kpwn exploit useless on week 50 or later iPhone 3GS's. I picked up a refurb tonight, and I can confirm neither blackrain nor redsnow can jailbreak it. Blackrain will jailbreak the device, but once you reboot it shows the apple logo then shuts down. It doesn't reach the recovery mode screen allowing you to do a tethered jailbreak. Even if you force the device to go into recovery mode, the tethered jailbreak doesn't work. It's back to square one I suppose. This is just another reason for me NOT to purchase the next iphone revision.
    so now u cant even jailbreak

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Windmeel View Post
    Just curious if you've tried resetting the network settings? I did my friends 3G and as soon as I reset the settings, all solved.
    i did about 100 times no luck !! please help

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Finally found out about how to tell if you got the iPhone 3GS that require tethered jailbreak.

The answer was from thebigboss site:
    You can determine your week based on your serial number in settings, general, about. Look the 3rd, 4th, and 5th digits. If it is larger than 940 you will have a tethered jailbreak only.