+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mod My Face with iSurgeon

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Mod My Face with iSurgeon

Yes, there's an app for everyone. And this one is probably meant for Heidi Montag.

Who it isn't made for, however, is an an individual with low self esteem. That's according to some consumer advocates, angered by Apple's sanctioning of iSurgeon for the App Store. The controversial application in question helps one considering plastic surgery to evaluate what they may look like after a desired procedure.

From Truth in Aging:

Have you ever wondered what you would look like post-plastic surgery? Do you think about the shape of your nose or the fullness of your lips constantly? Do you own an iPhone or iPod Touch? If the answer to these questions is – YES! – then you might be in luck, because Board-certified, Miami-based plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Salzhauer, has just released his much-anticipated app, iSurgeon.
    Since I'm not constantly preoccupied by the fullness of my lips, I haven't personally checked out this app. But in the eight weeks or so of its existence, I've read more than I care to know about it from those both for and against it. The app's proprietor, Dr. Michael Salzhauer, is the infamous author of “My Beautiful Mommy,” which raised the ire of many by proposing that children can be taught to "deal" with their mother’s plastic surgery.

The app, which is getting far more attention than an application of its nature probably deserves, is promoted as serving a “dual purpose - providing those interested in cosmetic surgery treatments with a clear visual of what they would look like post-surgery, while also providing a fun entertaining game tool.”

Depending on whether you download the lite or pro version, iSurgeon has different levels of interactivity. (1) Game Mode gives you the opportunity to virtually don the plastic surgeon’s white coat and simulate one of four procedures to meet your avatar’s desires: Rhinoplasty, breast augmentation, tummy tuck, or Brazilian butt lift.
    The above controversy is worth noting because the App Store is perceived to be a breeding ground this year for controversial apps intended by their designers to generate business for a wide array of professionals within their respective industries. The plastic surgeon behind this app will certainly make more cash off of new customers introduced to him from the app than he likely will from downloads of the app alone. If anything, this is just another example of the headaches in store for Apple as the company contends with opportunists looking for attention via the enormous and lucrative platform provided by the App Store.

This definitely won't be the last controversial app to get noticed in 2010. But I promise it is the last time a "Brazilian butt lift" is discussed in this forum.

Image via blogiversity.org

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

lol what is next?

Thought I would edit and add more to this.... as for Heidi Montag she is way to young for all of the stuff she had done.... now when you get to my age it is a different story!

There is nothing wrong with plastic surgery. Tons of people are doing it every day now days. But there is a time in ones life you get it done and that is not when your young... and if you are young I could see gals getting their breasts done if they are 21 years of age.

I watch the surgery channel and how they do makeovers on people and these are the things they say to do if you are really thinking of getting this type of surgery done... it is best to go for a consultation as this app will not be able to answer all of your questions and also there are no promises when one gets surgery done period.... and if one is thinking about this type of thing make sure you go to a board certified surgeon!

This doctor is just trying to get his name out... his way of advertising! He must be desperate for business!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 01-20-2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: added more

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    There is nothing wrong with plastic surgery.

Of course there is. Be happy with what you are. most plastic surgery leaves you far worse than you were before.

Luckily my wife couldn't be improved in any way.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Your right tooth fairy, plastic surgery gives people the rare opporunity to have their outer appearance reflect their inner appearance: fake
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 01-20-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You're forgetting about the type of Plastic Surgery to rebuild someones face if they, for example, get mauled by a dog. Or to change a birth defect or abnormality. There are plenty of valid reasons for plastic surgery other than a nip/tuck

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post

Of course there is. Be happy with what you are. most plastic surgery leaves you far worse than you were before.

Luckily my wife couldn't be improved in any way.
    I can't agree with you on this statement as I have seen some that had plastic surgery that looked really really nice.... remember there are all kinds of plastic surgery they do today...

Laser, dental, body, facial, eye lifts etc... etc....

Naturally we should like the aging process but today many don't.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@ confucious, yes

but If I'm gonna be a model in apples new modelling company a nose job wouldn't hurt

plus my 3gs needs major cosmetic surgery

Thanks

I can't agree with you on this statement as I have seen some that had plastic surgery that looked really really nice.... remember there are all kinds of plastic surgery they do today...

Laser, dental, body, facial, eye lifts etc... etc....

Naturally we should like the aging process but today many don't.
    I think we'll have to disagree on this.
    @feidhlim1986 came up with valid reasons for plastic surgery which I don't think anyone would disagree with, but for cosmetic reasons? Natural is better in 100% of cases I've seen, but if you prefer fake then that's fine. We're all different.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

lol what is next?
    it's obvious what is next. male "enhancement". just you wait...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    it's obvious what is next. male "enhancement". just you wait...
    Why would anyone need that?

Thanks

because of the insecure 13 year olds who will buy this app. the same ones that buy "beautiful boobs". xD. or maybe that was a joke about how huge your cock is, i'm not sure.

funny how the filter on this site works. it will filter. "****". but not the phrase. i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You guys are right. Fake boobs are yucky

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol on a website based on apple and their products, we hav here a debate on the "pros and cons" and "good vs evil" on the topic of plastic surgery.

come on people, get a grip.

Thanks

The reason for doing this is simply for guys with a small speni and wants to satisfy their partners or whatever in a big way. Dig? It's actually being done for awhile now, but watch out aside from the cost of the surgery, you need to buy a new wardrobe. It now has to accomodate that new big addition in the front. Ya think?

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

Why does anyone care? Just let people do what they want no ones beliefs are more valid than the next persons stick with your own beliefs and let others stick to theirs.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Lame...just teaching kids it's ok to change who you are if you're not happy with yourself.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Believe This
    Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    Why does anyone care? Just let people do what they want no ones beliefs are more valid than the next persons stick with your own beliefs and let others stick to theirs.
    SO...If I believe that I should come over there and kill you ...that's OK!...Right?

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Narcissism at its finest...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    SO...If I believe that I should come over there and kill you ...that's OK!...Right?

Ya but I belive you shouldn't so we are locked in a battle.

/me Goes SSJ4 X-D

Thanks

im so georgeous
    killall Terminal[]