+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Needs $5 Billion to Catch Up to Verizon: Analyst

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Pufferking and they got to talking to the manager and he told them they should wait to upgrade there phone's in June this year because Verizon well
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pufferking View Post
    and they got to talking to the manager and he told them they should wait to upgrade there phone's in June this year because Verizon well be getting a IPhone.
    It is unlikely a (store) manager will tell his/her customers not to buy a product or to wait before spending their money, just because a new product is coming soon. A manager ought to clear up his inventory before the new products arrive.

So I think your friend lied to you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaminmc View Post
    For People who have a lot of dropped calls on the Iphone, and have BlackSn0w installed, Blacksn0w can be the cause for a bunch of the dropped calls!!!!

If you are on a call, and your phone uses a decent chunk of Data during the call it will drop the call!!! I have confirmed that it is a bug in BlackSn0w!

Test it if you don't believe me. Place a call, and run mobile speed test. You will loose signal for 5 seconds, as your iphone drops Data and voice at the same time...

So if your phone check the mail, and downloads an attachment, it will probably drop the call. Seems that minor data usage doesn't always interrupt the call/ signal.

I still don't know if Geohot is even aware of the bug because of everyone complaining about a tethered jailbreak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    You are wrong and experiencing an isolated incident!
    Sorry, I have tried many different iphones with blcksn0w in 3g mode, Both 3g & 3gs's and all of them did it. Get the speedtest.net app, and place a phone call. While the call is active, run the test. I guarantee that it will loose the call within 1 or 2 tests. If you uninstall BlackSnow, it will run the tests all day. put BlackSn0w on, and it doesn't.

Preforms the same, whether I do a clean restore, then run blackRa1n, or if I install it through Cydia on my Rom I made with dev teams pawnage tool.

UltraSn0w was a much better Unlock, and I am soo regretting updating my baseband.

Thanks

well this really isn't all that much of a gap. seeing as how i switched from Verizon to At&t due to coverage disabilities with Verizon [not for the iphone] prooves, if not to you, most definately to myself, that Verizon is inferior to At&t.
    killall Terminal[]

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Sucks for all you people! I have great service with AT&T, great speeds, no dropped calls, and love being able to use data while I'm on a phone call. Wouldn't switch to Verizon even if they did have the iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    well this really isn't all that much of a gap. seeing as how i switched from Verizon to At&t due to coverage disabilities with Verizon [not for the iphone] prooves, if not to you, most definately to myself, that Verizon is inferior to At&t.
    Yea, I wouldn't go to Verizon either. They remind me of the Borg on Star trek. Where I live, and in my whole neighborhood Verizon's signal is horrible, and my At&t is awesome. Not to mention that the 3g is way faster on At&t here. Also the simultaneous data and voice is awesome. I don't know how I lived without it on Sprint. (I used to have the HTC touch pro)

Now that being said, when I went to Colorado Springs for Christmas, I was amazed at how spotty and crappy At&T's coverage is there. It was also the first time I saw the GPRS icon on my phone. Even sprint has far superior coverage there.

So it all depends on what market you are in. Charlote, NC seems to be a test market of sorts. Like Sprint has 4g here already, and At&T has already done the 7.2 UMTS upgrade here.

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Sucks for all you people! I have great service with AT&T, great speeds, no dropped calls, and love being able to use data while I'm on a phone call. Wouldn't switch to Verizon even if they did have the iPhone.
    You must be in a good area like mine . Even when I visited Colorado Springs, sure I was frustrated with the crapy coverage there, but it didn't make me want to run into the arms of the Borg.

It made me thankful of the coverage I have in Charlotte. I stream music with ooTunes all the time, and dont loose the stream when I drive around Charlotte. I even skype with my babe in Egypt while I am driving home from work. Nice and solid the whole way. And I even live in South Carolina.(Got to LOVE 3g unrestrictor)

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

ATT isn't that bad, i get much better coverage now that I switched from tmobile. I'd like to see my phone get even more coverage though, I still can't complain, At least I don't have metro p.o.s.( piece of sh1t), or tmobile( t-crapbile).

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

woah guys! its information we already knew!
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I dont know why you peeps just dont go over to T-mobile , I have had 2 iphones over the last 3 years on there network with no problems at all. I have had them for 7 years and hardley have any call problems there customer service kicks *** and won the JD power award for it like 4 years running. Plus you can be on wifi and talk at same time .i have an unlimited voice , text data plan for 79.99 a month. While you guys at att complain everyday and pay like 130 a month. Even if you cancel with the fee of 175.00 It would only take you about 4 months to get the difference back. Look into it everyone well worth it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know becuase that extra 7 second atvantage on 3G is worth an extra 40 bucks a month , come on brotha..plus there's wifi spots everywhere and the egde isnt to bad for what i do im not on my iphone browser every 2 seconds anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by merllen View Post
    I know becuase that extra 7 second atvantage on 3G is worth an extra 40 bucks a month , come on brotha..plus there's wifi spots everywhere and the egde isnt to bad for what i do im not on my iphone browser every 2 seconds anyway.
    True true. Although AT&T's 3G for iPhone is now $20 but T-Mobile's EDGE is faster for sure.
    Respect your elders.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    "AT&T suffering from poor customer perception of their services"

It's not the perception of AT&T's services that is hurting AT&T, it's their actual services.
    Well said.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    True true. Although AT&T's 3G for iPhone is now $20 but T-Mobile's EDGE is faster for sure.
    $20? Where??????? Mine still says it is $30, and no place to change it.

Thanks

They just dropped it recently because Verizon dropped theirs. I think it should happen automatically soon.
    Respect your elders.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12