+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 4.0 Features Leaked. Update to Support Multitasking Apps.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Wow, I don't think I've ever been this underwhelmed. None of the alleged features here are going to make me un-jailbreak my phone. So what if Apple is now going
    Thanks

Wow, I don't think I've ever been this underwhelmed. None of the alleged features here are going to make me un-jailbreak my phone. So what if Apple is now going to 'support' multitasking - it works fine on my 3G and anytime I have a question, I just hit up google.

The main thing with this update has gotta be Apple trying to get another leg up on the jailbreaking community. I don't have the blind confidence that so many others on here seem to have for the inevitability of jailbreaking always outsmarting Apple, but I do know that my phone works "fine" as is so I am not interested in anything Apple wants to update to.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

hopefully such ability will bring a plethora of options such as instant notifications from apps running that aren't on the screen, push notifications that still run while an app is open, etc.
    yes!
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone VaderForce's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting, but will wait for the jailbreak.
    =Is the quality of your life, the outcome of your own thoughts?=

Thanks

All the rumours stem from BGR who has been wrong before.

Does no one else find it strange that there has been no leak of the SDK or ipsw for FW4.0 betas? Or maybe Apple are releasing 4.0 with no beta? Or maybe people have been testing it and have been silenced so effectively there have been no leaks apart from one tweet by SB and this leak to BGR?

I'm not holding my breath.....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I wish i could aid in the jailbreaking of 4.0 os...but sadly, i dunt know how to jailbreak lol.

I think if apple allowed something like winterboard, and sold themes they would make a ton of money ^__^.
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks

the iTablet is going to be retarded. Who would want a 10" iPhone!? I know others have posted this, but I would love to see apple make the iPhone more powerful.. dual core proc, Bluetooth technology that isn't obsolete etc etc.

I hope the itablet is one huge dissapointment and apple loses money on it.

Thanks

In my opinion, its fake.
    Firmware version and builds can be easily edited making that screenshot fake.

+ If it wasn't for the iPod touch 3G atleast users would rage. (Even though it could be ported easily with a pwned device.)

My 2c, which I can't afford to give these days with the financial screwup...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hexane View Post
    (Even though it could be ported easily with a pwned device.)
    What makes you think that? The FW for different devices is different - you can not run iPhone FW on an iPod Touch and you can't run 3Gs Fw on a 3G or 3G FW on a 2G.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    What makes you think that? The FW for different devices is different - you can not run iPhone FW on an iPod Touch and you can't run 3Gs Fw on a 3G or 3G FW on a 2G.
    I'm not completely stupid, use vfdecrypt and extract all the new stuff and fix it up and then proceed to use xpwn to compile it back into a dmg

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

With the announcement that the new iphone 4 eill have dual core, the multi tasking aspect of the new firmware makes complete sense. My problem is my 3G has enough trouble doing one task, the 3GS will probably give it a better shot.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i think this is the first time since the iphone came out that i am not excited about the new OS the new iphone4G or whatever its going to be called or the tablet ive been thinking about tossing the iphone and going android and im pretty sure the iphone 4g and the new OS will push me away from apple as almost all android devices are way more customizable multitasking and all but hey you never know it could blow us away but i seriously doubt it i think apples ride to the top is coming to an end with this 3 year old OS they have
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

More facts than rumors so far.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rcooley617's Avatar
    Thanks

Everybody throw your 2g & 3g's away and head to buy the 3GS, its all a scam to keep you purchasing the new hardware. Apple has a ten year plan on how to continually to make consumers come back for more products....Its lame but I'm not mad at all, I'm a gadget and tech freak and I love it.....Just hate to kick out $400-500 every year or so. lol
    "R-R"

Thanks

Is is possible yo update girmware through cydia or rock? Becuase did anyone else notice the firmware 3.1.2 package under installed packages that has the options to reinstall or remove (why would anyone want to remove firmware?) but instead of having to reinstall all the JB stuff wouldnt it be so much easier for people who already jailbroke to just update through cydia? Does any1 els think this is a good idea? Or how bout just taking apples multitasking and multitouch added things and packaging them in cydia for people to use on 3.1.2 so they dont actually have to update but can still have all of the 4.0 features but keep all the compatibilities with 3.1.2?

Thanks

Not sure what you are looking at but you certainly can't install/update/delete FW in cydia!

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

multi-tasking in 4.0 is almost certainly going to happen. With all the negative ads about how Android and Palm can multi-task, it makes perfect sense. I just hope that is done so that "ALL" apps can be backgrounded.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thnx for the Info..
    but will the 4.0 be available stright away or would we have to wait till the new iphone is relased..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apparently my iPod Touch 1G 8GB is becoming outdated. =/ Well, I still use the thing every day.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomiqw View Post
    Thnx for the Info..
    but will the 4.0 be available stright away or would we have to wait till the new iphone is relased..

Last time it came out a week before the new phone. Apple usually puts out a beta version of the OS but who knows if they secretly did and it just didnt leak.

really we just don't know...but based off old patterns...IMO..most likely this will be out in a beta March, and a full release June/July. ( but thats all guesswork)
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Does anyone else find it strange that Apple comes up with these "groundbreaking" features after the jailbreak community does? Installer spawned the App Store, Clippy spawned copy n paste, Swirly brought MMS finally, and now that the jailbreak community has proSwitcher and categories Apple is going to implement them? Is there anyone but me that feels Apple secretly loves jailbreak and just sits back and waits for cool jailbroken features so they can edit the code and make it more Apple-esque? Apple is lucky the iPhone has the following it does when all they do is provide it with updates that should have been there in the previous version. Without jailbreak, I know I would not have the iPhone anymore and im sure a lot of you here wouldn't either.

With that, bring on 4.0!!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth and typing fingers mate!
    I however would do my utmost to resist the urge to update (not promising ...) and wait for the jailbreak...I suspect that apple may have found a way to make jailbreaking very difficult...though I have faith in the DevTeam!

About time those boys at Apple really got down and did some work and came up with some really innovative features, instead of relying on the DevTeam and the community on the one hand while critisizing us jailbreakers on the other.
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 01-20-2010 at 06:20 AM.