Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Big Reaction To Small Evidence of Verizon iPhone

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Big Reaction To Small Evidence of Verizon iPhone

Are the hopes for a Verizon iPhone so high that even the most minimal shred of evidence to suggest an end to AT&T exclusivity is sufficient to send some Verizon fans into a frenzy? Apparently, the answer to that question is a big, fat "affirmative."

Our friends at Electronista published a report this weekend that has since been dubbed "potential evidence of a Verizon-capable iPhone." But, apparently, it's ample evidence to convince some that a Verizon iPhone is all but inevitable. The conclusion is based on the screen capture from an iPhone that displays the "Verizon" carrier tag.

Sources have provided a screen capture from an iPhone in the San Francisco Bay Area that shows "Verizon" as the carrier ID. The tip comes with warnings that no more information can be disclosed just this moment but also that more should become apparent in the near future.
    Call me crazy, but it seems a bad 1970's detective TV show would deem this evidence "flimsy" at best. But as we rapidly approach the expiration of AT&T's exclusive deal with Apple to carry the iPhone, all eyes and ears are trained on Verizon for clues of a forthcoming announcement by the carrier to begin offering coverage for the beloved handset.

Here's the controversial image in question:

Could this be a glimpse into the future? Might we see this image on Conan O'Brien's "In The Year 3000" skit? Or will the idea of a Verizon iPhone prove as short lived as Conan O'Brien on The Tonight Show? I guess only time will tell.

While the capture itself is believed to be genuine, the authenticity of the ID itself is difficult to determine. Readers should take severe caution as it's possible to fake the carrier ID with a modified iPhone. However, such a modification would be unusual as current iPhones use GSM, not CDMA, and would expose the inaccuracy of trying to associate a present-day model with an incompatible network.
    Images via Electronista

Thanks

edit: never mind

but that would be nice because my sister has verizon and she needs a new coool iPhone
    Last edited by soto806; 01-17-2010 at 08:35 PM.
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope the iPhone does go to verizon so it can bog down their network. Im hoping something rediculous doesnt happen like verizon getting an exclusivity deal with the 4g iphone. And you can change the carrier to say verizon very easily. Not rock hard evidence.
    Add me up on xbox live gamertag clikzip.

Thanks

Can anyone say "Make It Mine"?
    Apples taste good.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kruejl For This Useful Post:

Chase817 (01-17-2010), reanimationxp (01-20-2010), tsatryan (01-18-2010), whereswaldo (01-18-2010)

Uhhhhh..... I can make my carrier say Tracfone right now if I felt like it.

Are they thick headed?

Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post
    Here's the controversial image in question:

Give me 5 Minutes with Photoshop and I will give you the same image. Give me Make it Mine and I will do it in 15 seconds. Give me Cyberduck, OpenSSH and TextEdit and I will do it in 2 minutes.

Do you want to see an iPhone running on Sprint? I will photoshop an image for you....

We have determined in the past not to believe an image. Look at the history of all of the FAKE iPhone pictures and FAKE Tablet pictures. There is a huge track record for photoshopped images to surface in light of a rumor. Only a fool buys into these images and rumors.

We have said this multiple times, At&t and Apple are still under contract until 2011. These Verizon rumors are as bad as all of the failed 3GS rumors last year. Verizon will not have the iPhone for a while if at all.
    Last edited by Melech518; 01-17-2010 at 08:50 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Chase817 (01-17-2010), nrowensby (01-18-2010), operate (01-18-2010), staterunner180 (01-17-2010)

super wack

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I can make my carrier 'bungie.net'. I guess that's irrefutable evidence that Microsoft has bought AT&T and Apple. Oh well. We all knew the world would come crashing down one day.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If it was Really Going to be a Verizon phone, then the carrier would be the full official network name, "Verizon Wireless" not "Verizon". It would appear as "Verizon Wire..." or something like that, because it would not be able to support the full Carrier Name.. Unless you can dig something up that states the carrier is CDMA, i'm not buying it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    I can make my carrier 'bungie.net'. I guess that's irrefutable evidence that Microsoft has bought AT&T and Apple. Oh well. We all knew the world would come crashing down one day.
    Microsoft doesn't own Bungie anymore... just saying.

haha! i dont doubt verizon will get the iphone soon, but this is totally fake!! hahahaha

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

interesting... i doubt this is real.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

lol make it mine

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Thanks

The image is either made from Make It Mine or it was photoshopped. More rumors...
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

how stupid any1 ever heard of make it mine?
    the app in cydia that lets u change ur carrier tag 2 wat ever u want my tag is my name i can change it 2 say version in a minute

any requests?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0125.png  
    Last edited by plcrules; 01-17-2010 at 10:26 PM.

Haha if this was real the bard would be red and so would the wifi so fake lmao

Honeslty I hope verizon never gets the iPhone because they will someway somehow figure out a way to cripple it just like they do with all of their phones.....and like everyone else said MAKEITMINE...lol idiots i casnt even believe modmyi posted this garbage!!!

Jail broken phones can say whatever you want them to.

Here's mine:

22. The Following User Says Thank You to edwilk55 For This Useful Post:

drjailbreakMD (01-17-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think we all should install MIM and flood the Internet with screen shots of our phones to take the hype even further.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast