+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Drops Unlimited Plan Price

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I hope all the voice rates are going down $30/month. Originally Posted by mastuul I hope all the voice rates are going down $30/month. I just checked and I have
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope all the voice rates are going down $30/month.

Quote Originally Posted by mastuul View Post
    I just checked and I have the 900 minutes/month plan that was $59.99, but now it says it's $50.99. I guess that's better than nothing.
    Last edited by mastuul; 01-16-2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

I just checked and I have the 900 minutes/month plan that was $59.99, but now it says it's $50.99. I guess that's better than nothing.
    I don't think they are lowering voice plans. I can only hope so though. Right now I have the family 700 minute plan.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fraggot View Post
    I don't think you're understanding what happened. Unlimited voice is as of right now $100. The new unlimited plan will give you unlimited Voice & Date for $100, basically knocking $30 off your voice plan.

So now you can get unlimited EVERYTHING for $120 altogether. I still think it's too expensive but hey that's just me.
    Maybe he is in Puerto Rico and doesn't know that's Only available here. Att has had the $99 unlimited for a while now for PR only. Also an unlimited local for $80. You can see those plans online right now.

Thanks

AT&T should drop prices on all rate plan.

Thanks
    This makes absolutely No Sense at all. I pay less than that now. for $100/month I have my iphone with unlimited data, and my wifes on family talk, That's with paying the $30/month iphone data plan. We get unlimited Mobil-to-Mobil, and rollovers as well. Unlimited voice is pointless when everyone you know is on AT&T anyway. Hell, if we could we would drop our minutes even more, but we are at the lowest tier to keep the unlimited M2M. We have like 8,000 rollover minutes as it is.

How is 2 phones for $180/month unlimited Voice/Data a good deal? If I got my wife an iPhone it'd only be $30 more a month.

What they need to do is cut the price of the iPhone data plan back to the pre-3G price of $20/month

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coolemt View Post
    Hmmm.. Again I only pay 100 bucks for voice and data right now...
    After taxes i pay about $101. This inlcudes my 8% discount. I don't use voice as much so i have just the regular low 39.99 plan with 20 for text and 30 for internet. That is all i need. These plans of $120 + lol is a damn joke.

Thanks

gotta love capitalism. if this was china, they'd be like you can pay this, or you don't get a phone at all. *****. hail mao!

Thanks

shouldn't the blue glove be AT&T and the red glove be Verizon?
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

yay! Something is better than nothing i suppose. :-)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dmoses1969's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought that the Family Plan pricing was for 2 lines and then an additional $9.99 for each line after that.

I just checked mine and yes the price did drop but it now shows that the new pricing is for the 1st line and $9.99 for each additional line.

Off of AT$T's website.
    First Line Old price = $80.00 New price = $69.60
    each add'l line $9.99

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

then + a text plan right

Thanks

Add unlimited text and cut my taxes in half ($15 a month in taxes) and set the network up to where I can get decent 3G everywhere. Until then I am not paying more. I just checked my statement and my bill is $0.20 more this coming cycle due to taxes. I am going to have to jump to prepaid when my contract ends middle of year. I am just sick of paying these overpriced plans when I can pay $99 for one year service with 1000 minutes. No data or text, but an iPod touch with wifi should help in tight spots. I am tired of being ripped off.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to southfrisco For This Useful Post:

bdwayneh (06-02-2010)

Thanks

How many people actually need 'unlimited'?
    My plan is limited to 900 Mins or 900 MMS or 1800 texts or any combination of the three plus 3Gb Data including tethering.
    I pay less than $33/month including taxes.
    It's plenty for me.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    After taxes i pay about $101. This inlcudes my 8% discount. I don't use voice as much so i have just the regular low 39.99 plan with 20 for text and 30 for internet. That is all i need. These plans of $120 + lol is a damn joke.
    You're paying $100 for a plan that offers very few minutes/month and you can get unlimited minutes for about $30 more per month including taxes. Not everyone needs unlimited minutes though, as I've accumulated plenty of rollover minutes with my 900 minutes/month plan.

They have lowered the pricing on voice plans across the board (mine went from $59.99 to $50.99), but the unlimited plan (since it's the most expensive) has the largest discount (dollar-wise and by percentage).

Thanks

don't know how some of ya'lls bills are so low i pay 225.00 for 2 iphones and 1 other ph

Thanks

So, I currently have a 1400 min family plan with 2 iPhones and 1 other phone, unlimited texting, and a 15% discount through my employer. My wife uses her iPhone as her business line and I have a teenage daughter on one of the phones. I currently pay about $200 a month for service. If I'm reading this right I should be going from 1400 min of voice and unlimited data on the iPhones to unlimited voice and data on all the phones in my family plan for about the same price. Sound like a win/win to me...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    yup im on the same type of plan and with all my rollover minutes from at&t ive got a monthly allowance of about 3000 plus min. and my bill comes out to $102.84
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

They have lowered the pricing on voice plans across the board (mine went from $59.99 to $50.99), but the unlimited plan (since it's the most expensive) has the largest discount (dollar-wise and by percentage).
    I'm not so sure whether or not at&t is actually lowering my 900 minutes per month plan. After doing some calculations, I realized that the lowered price they have on the website when I log in only reflects my 15% discount (I never noticed them showing the discounted price before, sorry).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The pay as you goPhone is $60/month for unlimited talk and text... Why can't we add a $30 unlimited data plan to that???

It's cool, my data plan for my Samsung Impression is $15 in which I use on my iPhone 3G (No visual voice-mail) + $20 text + $39.99 voice + 25% discount. My bill is pretty much $60 a month. Learn how to work the system ya'll.

P.S. I also tether like crazy!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I'm confused. I have 5 phones on my plan.. does that mean I can get unlimited voice/data on all five lines for $179.99?