Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 4 About to Drop?

Whatever it contains, I'm sure it'll be near impossible but necessary to wait for the jailbreak...
    I'm sure the wait would be worth it

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    The developer in question has already stated that the mixup was that he'd updated his app to VERSION 4.0, not to be compatible with OS 4.0.

Developer Leaks Imminent iPhone 4.0? Not. | The iPhone Blog
    Awww.. that sucks. Oh well. At least we still know that OS 4.0 beta for iPhone will be out soon. Within the next 2 months it should be out.

Thanks

3.0 on 1 phone and battery drain on 3.1.2 on the other iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Many factors go into this... current network load and usage... 3G vs Edge... weather.. other radio interference... landscape terrain.. proximity to a tower... tower to tower hand off reliability if driving.. THEN comes the actual handset. Before you blame the phone you need to think critically about when and where and what else is going on when you drop a call. The city you're in also has a lot to do with all these factors.
    Sitting at my desk at work, in KC with 5 bars and all of sudden "drop" to none, and the phone conversation goes away. Now sure there could be some strange phenomenon going on, but either way, Apple should be working with AT&T on whats going on. Cause, I am not the only person complaining. And my phone doesn't do it enough to warrant a repair.

Is it software, location, hardware, cell capacity issues, who knows --- but the past software upgrades don't seem to do it for me and others who are complaining about this type issue.

They should fix the current issues (and comply with the original promises) and then put on the bells and whistles.

I hate to break it to you Jayson9 but AT&T seems to be more concerned about the front end and not its @$$ end (pun intended). What this meas is that no matter how good a phone is if the network its on sucks. What AT&T is doing right now is updating all its towers systematically starting with major Cities like Atlanta, Dallas, and LA (New York is on the list but not first its actually after the aforementioned cities). This means people like you and me are SOL. They have finished some cities towers and are advertising faster speeds in those locations. This has turned out to be semi-false advertising because the network that sports the towers is still the old 3G system not the new 3G+ system. The signals are all reading the new system but none of the back end sport for the new speeds. Connectivity may be improved but but not the speeds. Also no phone firmware update or hardware release is going to improve network performance.

Thanks

dont get your hopes up i doubt it will have anything worthwhile in this update, it should tho but everything we want apple has been convinced that it will not happen, not yet anyway. think theyll announce the new iphone with the tablet? does anyone have a ballpark about when this actually happens or whenever apple feels the need
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

cant wait for this

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

I doubt it, I think they will release 3.2 after the press conference on the 27 and 4.0 with the new iphone as usual. Heres to hoping its on Verizon
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Thanks

This is the first rumor. I don't think 4.0 drop till Apple show off their new iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    dont get your hopes up i doubt it will have anything worth while in this update, it should tho but everything we want apple has been convinced that it will not happen, not yet anyway. think theyll announce the new iphone with the tablet? does anyone have a ballpark about when this actually happens or whenever apple feels the need
    I totally agree, everything that was a need for the iPhone has mostly been added in 3.0 and that only leaves the things we want like, customization, openness, flash, tethering(because of AT&T), multitask and Apple is not going to give us those. So I can't see anything good in this release. Then again, the competition is heating up with all these HTCs and google phones and DROIDs and the new Palm Pre and Pixi on Verizon(yes there is a new Pre and Pixi for Verizon, for those of you who don't know Apple might have to start registering their components... so to speak

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If the tablet is running a modified (or full-fledged) version of iPhone OS, I think it'll be pretty safe to assume we're getting Flash and multitasking in OS 4.0. What's a tablet without streaming online videos and switching between multiple apps?
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

I personally think that OS. 4.0 will be coming with the new iPhone, and we'll probably get presented with 3.2 or 3.5.

Thanks

I hope that it is well done!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I'm sticking to my signature prediction

i dont think they'll upgrade to 4.0 till the new release of the iphone. by then i wont need to upgrade, i'll just buy new.
    killall Terminal[]

Rumors just rumors and i guess its just a fake speculation! since 27 is just around 2 weeks away what apple does! my guess is this is just rumors spread by apple it self as part of their promotions!

Thanks

Nahh Apple dont spread Rumors only we do.

Im betting the OS will be shipped on new iPhones upon their release then the 4.0 update will be available for all of us

A thought though,, its all well and good guessing and shooting fish in a barrel as to whats going to be in this OS but untill it drops just calm down! ok multi-tasking and things like flash would be very useful to us and I would go out on a limb and say the general public as well, but if its not in there then why not sit down and learn how to develop and get it out there?

All 4.0 will be is a little more polish and maybe a new built in app,,, thats it,, maybe a tweak to the coding to make it harder to Jailbreak?? most likely,, till it drops we wont know, sorry to take the fun out of guessing but you see my point,, work your self up over nothing,,,, if its not there make it happen, the community will support any thing and is always here to ask for help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What wifi problem? I've never had an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I'm sticking to my signature prediction
    You appear to have no signature now - so no prediction?

I would not be surprised to see a 3.2 release between now and June/July with minor bug fixes and possibly a new BB to try and stop BlackSn0w.

4.0 will probably come with the next iPhone (the 3GSi?) to take advantage of whatever new features it has.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I am surprised that there arent more frequent upgrades to the firmware to unjailbreak . This would keep people pissed off that they have to wait for the JB constantly . Seen it before with Direct TV. Updates weekly .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast