+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4G iPhone to Have Touch-Sensitive Case?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I think most of you are missing the point. Think about all those phones out there with rocker-switches on the side and iPod-competitor MP3 players with touch sliders. Not only
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I think most of you are missing the point. Think about all those phones out there with rocker-switches on the side and iPod-competitor MP3 players with touch sliders. Not only is this a million times more intuitive, it doesn't block the screen or require space on the front of the device (effective shrinking the screen).

An eBook, for example, is a hell of a lot easier to read when you can slowly slide your finger along the side to read and scroll at the same time. Panning around on zoomed-in images and text will work much better too. These applications are in addition to the "precision pointer" and such that I mentioned earlier. The ease of reading is a big reason why someone may pick, say, an Amazon Kindle or a Nook over an iPod Touch or iPhone and this goes a long way toward fixing that.

I miss not having Page Up, Page Down, Home and End when browsing on my phone. Having a shortcut to the top when I'm trying to reach the bottom of a huge page really stings. Being able to, say, double-tap on the bottom to jump down a page and triple-tap to jump to the end could really simplify things. I absolutely HATE it when I spend a ton of time scrolling repeatedly to reach the bottom and then it inadvertently activates the "jump to top" shortcut and puts me back where I started. Raise your hand if you've had it happen repeatedly and then jump to another page when you didn't want it to. *raises hand*
    Last edited by CZroe; 01-15-2010 at 10:33 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default What about the Tablet
    I agree this would be cool but no one here has thought about this being used on a tablet as ways to move page to page or scroll down a page and many other features.

If a small iPhone case could have this offering, why nit the tablet?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So it means that the NExt Gen is only CDMA ? NO GSM UMTS ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris102192 View Post
    what the hell is the point of a touch sensitive case when it has a touch screen??
    That way you can control your R/C model airplane without looking at the screen! Way cool - not.....

Man (agreeing with quote).... can't they just focus on the reception and getting all of the original "claimed" speed/use out of the d@mn phones....... Just more whooing us with more non-important sh!t.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    So it means that the NExt Gen is only CDMA ? NO GSM UMTS ?
    I am not sure how you reached that conclusion?
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I am not sure how you reached that conclusion?
    Now....its here in this article..take look.

Recent rumors have had the so-called iPhone 4G coming in a Verizon-compatible CDMA model in addition to the current UMTS/GSM device, and with a videoconferencing ability, among other guesses. The latest is somewhat unexpected: thatthe phone will have multi-touch capabilities built into its case, turning the phone into what is essentially a mobile version of the recently released Magic Mouse.

Go to the first page and read again. I dont think its gonna be Both..CDMA and UMTS GSM

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

A rumor is just that, a rumor.

Lets but this Verizon rumor to rest.
    At&t's contract is not up until 2011.
    Verizon will not have an iPhone this year.
    There are a multiple countries running iPhones on GSM networks.

There will never be a CDMA generation of iPhones. Even if the 4th Gen iPhone was to be sold under Verizon, there would still be Millions of 4th Gen GSM iPhones produced for all of the other providers and networks. When at&t's contract does end, they will still continue to carry the iPhone, they just will not be the "Exclusive Carrier". The contract in which they hold currently is an exclusivity contract. Apple will not stay exclusive to only one carrier in the future. It is in Apple's best interest to have multiple carriers to sell more devices. And once again, the majority of the world's networks are GSM, not CDMA. So no, there will not be a CDMA only generation of iPhones, just possibly a CDMA version of the 4th Gen.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

interesting
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

Rumor is it's coming with a duel core processer and 5 mega pexl camera but the touch like magic mouse will be great but that means you'll need to buy a new iPhone case for it. Mophie should be looking to create a new battery case for the upcoming iPhone 4G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bignighttrain View Post
    Rumor is it's coming with a duel core processer and 5 mega pexl camera but the touch like magic mouse will be great but that means you'll need to buy a new iPhone case for it. Mophie should be looking to create a new battery case for the upcoming iPhone 4G
    From what Ive read from GSMArena, dual core won't be tested till late this year. I could see the 1.3 Ghz qualcomm Snapdragon, but not dual core. Honestly if Apple doesn't go 1 Ghz, preferably 1.3, they're shooting themselves in the foot.
    Previously had a iPhone 2G 8GB jailbroken with 3.0. Now as of 6/19 a proud owner of a 3GS and eagerly awaiting the jailbreaking of such!
    Lovin my jailbroken 3GS! Shove it Apple, my iPhone can now do twice what it could!

Banned
    Thanks

Either the 4g phone is going to be huge or those are the smallest fingers i have ever seen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

they are just patenting everything they think up so they can grow up and be like nokia and sue for infringement of intellectual property and vague patent infringement...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12