+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: KT Telecom: Dual-Core iPhone 4G With OLED Screen in April

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default KT Telecom: Dual-Core iPhone 4G With OLED Screen in April

Ahead of the expected mid-year launch of Apple's fourth-generation iPhone, the expected crop of rumors and leaks have begun to surface. Today, in a report in The Korea Times, an anonymous source at the South Korean wireless carrier KT Telecom is saying that the iPhone 4G could arrive as early as April of this year, equipped with a powerful dual-core processor, improved graphics and video-chat capability... and, unexpectedly, with a removable battery.

Quoting a "high ranking executive" at Apple's exclusive South Korean carrier, the Korea Times report asserts that KT and Apple have been in talks over when the device will come to market. KT reportedly wants to sell the new phone to its large corporate clients in April, in what it calls (somewhat confusingly) a "[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litmus"]litmus test[/ame]." It's claimed that an early introduction to the Korean market will be necessary to counter a rush to Android devices. According to the executive, Apple and KT had reached “a broad consensus to introduce the advanced models as early as possible.” After the "test," regular customers would be able to buy the iPhone 4G in June, which is closer to the usual midsummer timeframe for the release of new iPhone models.

The report also claims that the iPhone 4G will have a dual-core processor as well as an upgraded graphics engine, and sport an improved OLED display. Though no specifics were mentioned in the article, it has often been speculated that the next-generation iPhone would use the new ARM Cortex A9 CPU with a PowerVR SGX545 graphics core. The Korea Times article also flags a removable battery as “highly likely”, as well as video-conferencing capability, which would suggest that the phone would include a front-facing camera. An improved still camera is also supposedly on tap for the new device.

image via ifonenation

Green Apple
    Thanks

i want one iphones are only going to get better and better

adp
    Thanks

I hope the specs are correct.

But please stop posting this image. It's a pre-3GS release and it's outdated and FAKE. It's been posted 100 times in the user-written news section and is getting old.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

4. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

MikeT674 (01-12-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to be honest, as exciting as it appears to be this has been said in the past. Eventually they will move to OLED Screens I agree, but I'm not getting my hopes up until Apple confirms.. we've all been let down before
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

But can it still fly R/C airplanes? Inquiring minds want to know............

Thanks

i dont believe it
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ Amen!!

Thanks

They said this last year. "OMG, front facing camera for video conferencing!" and yet somehow that never materialized. Considering the piecemeal upgrades apple has made to the iPhone from the 2G to the 3G to the 3GS, it seems highly likely they'll be making an even smaller update this year. Maybe a new camera (5MP?), flash, and a new capacity of 64GB or something.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If they make minimal updates I'm moving to Android.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Thanks

These 'leaks' are pure FUD announcements. Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt designed to discourage people from buying any other smartphone and the proximity to the Nexus One announcement, particularly the Verizon and Vodaphone versions, isn't accidental. Some people, and web sites, are willing stooges for Apple. How many 'news articles' have there been over the last 6 months about Apple buying up (fill in the blank with screens, memory, CPUs, etc.) in preparation for their 'soon to be announced' tablet device.

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully the next big upgrade will be released in another year. Most of us just upgraded from the 2g/3G to the 3GS. I don't see sales being as impressive as they have been because most of us will not be able to upgrade. Even if my Unlocked/Jailbroken Mint Condition 3GS sells for $500 on eBay, it probably still will not be enough to buy an unsubsidized 4G.

Hopefully the 4G will be aimed at all of the 3G users that did not upgrade to the 3GS. --- the 3GS was the device that everyone with a 2G upgraded to.

You get my point.

tim

Thanks

I hope this is true my upgrade is real soon before june so i get mine for 199$
    IF I HELPED PLEASE HIT THANKS

Green Apple
    Thanks

replaceable battery is the ONLY feature that I need new on the phone. the tablet should do the rest...

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not impressed until the iPhone allows for time traveling or genie holding....

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Hopefully the next big upgrade will be released in another year. Most of us just upgraded from the 2g/3G to the 3GS. I don't see sales being as impressive as they have been because most of us will not be able to upgrade. Even if my Unlocked/Jailbroken Mint Condition 3GS sells for $500 on eBay, it probably still will not be enough to buy an unsubsidized 4G.

Hopefully the 4G will be aimed at all of the 3G users that did not upgrade to the 3GS. --- the 3GS was the device that everyone with a 2G upgraded to.

You get my point.

tim
    I totally agree. I still have my 3G. I was due for upgrade since last September. I held off to wait for 2010.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You didn't hear? It WILL allow for time travel and genie holding...that's their next big announcement. After they announce that Apple is depleting the worldwide supply of genie lamps among other things.

I kid, I kid!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think apple would resist a removable with all thier might.

Thanks

I really hope that Apple's castration of Bluetooth comes to an end. It's great to get much better hardware and more power but not allow the phone to do things even my old p910i could.

Thanks
    false

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast