Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: KT Telecom: Dual-Core iPhone 4G With OLED Screen in April

WM is not an option any more - maybe when WM7 comes out but we'll have to wait and see.
    Android? Why not the Nexus one? Not convinced that Android is mature enough yet.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    WM is not an option any more - maybe when WM7 comes out but we'll have to wait and see.
    Android? Why not the Nexus one? Not convinced that Android is mature enough yet.

OK, WM is a bit fugly, but have you seen the HD2? With HTC sense over the top, you very rarely even need to interface directly with WM.

I think that if there is any truth to the release of such an upgrade we should be made aware of it a few month before its release. When I heard on BBC radio one that the 3Gs was announced I was over the moon and couldnt wait to upgrade, but as I went through the rituals of selling my 3G to cover the cost of the remainder of my contract to take a 24 month contract with O2 for the 3Gs I kinda feel it wasnt worth it.

The 3Gs in my mind is not really a different phone, it has the same case and everything just a few things inside changed, it was like a lazy upgrade, hell it doesnt even say 3Gs on the back where I beleieve that it should!
    It's like some bigwig at a desk in Cupertino said lets use these millions of 3Gs cases a little different on the inside and that will be our 2009 iphone release easily covered. I am a slave to the iphone and I have sworn not to take out a new contract for the next iphone and make a huge cash loss by having the remainder of my current contract plus probably another 24 months contract for the new iphone, I wont do it !

The worst thing is I am saying this now, wait till BBC radio is on the tuner and I hear the announcement of the new 4G or whatever conn is to be released, and off I'll be with my excuses making sure Im at least 4th in the queue on the day of the release.

Sad but true, I'm a victim of my own iphone obssession!

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    OK, WM is a bit fugly, but have you seen the HD2? With HTC sense over the top, you very rarely even need to interface directly with WM.
    Windows Mobile 7 Coming to HTC HD2? - WinMo @ MoDaCo
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Haha aren't we all.

Actually, I've only owned the first iPod Touch and the 3G iPhone.

I CBA to wait till June/July for the next one, so I'll probs try out the HD2

Well there you go, WM isn't that terrible after all

In my mind, the HD2 is even more of a mini PC than the iPhone (OK, being windows not OSX derivative might have somthing to do with it )
    Last edited by Amraam; 01-13-2010 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You guys know what this means? The iPhone could possibly go 2GHz and a whole GHz ahead of the competition. Unlikely, but possible.

On a side note, I'm not an Apple fanboy, but who gives a sh*t if you are? I hate Apple haters...the kind who like to call anyone who likes the iPhone an Apple fanboy. Those are the same people who like to argue how we just got MMS a few months ago when it's been on dumbphones for years, and how we still have to jailbreak to get lots of features. Point is, it's here now and we have the option to. Doesn't matter if the features come stock or we have to download them somewhere else. We have the option regardless, so the point is moot.

Had to get that off my chest. -_- Sorry bout that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    I agree, Apple will likely prevail and smash HTC etc. However, as much as I really like my iPhone, Apple piss me off in so many ways. For me, android or WM are the logical choices. Apple are just too restrictive on what we can do on OUR phones, so it's time for a change for me
    I agree also. The iPhone for me, is love/hate because of this and many more reasons we all can agree on.

previously known as allizonanikon
    Thanks

About the Nexus One:

the nexus one really isn't that great except for the hardware... the hero / hd2 is so much nicer

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    You guys know what this means? The iPhone could possibly go 2GHz and a whole GHz ahead of the competition. Unlikely, but possible.

On a side note, I'm not an Apple fanboy, but who gives a sh*t if you are? I hate Apple haters...the kind who like to call anyone who likes the iPhone an Apple fanboy. Those are the same people who like to argue how we just got MMS a few months ago when it's been on dumbphones for years, and how we still have to jailbreak to get lots of features. Point is, it's here now and we have the option to. Doesn't matter if the features come stock or we have to download them somewhere else. We have the option regardless, so the point is moot.

Had to get that off my chest. -_- Sorry bout that.
    Yeah I agree. I had my iPhone 3G when the N95 was all the rage, and I got sick of all the bollocks that theyspewed out, saying the iPhone was crap and the N95 is much better - it just isn't!!.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    what i hate about all these rumors and speculating is that when the actual iPhone comes out and all of these features we were hyped to see on the iPhone are no t there we all get disappointed....
    yes i have 6 laptops and an iPhone 5s Space grey Tmobile, iPhone 5 LimeGreen AT&T, iPhone4S jailbroken unlocked FS, iPad mini 32gb jailbroken, and an iPad 3 Both FS click here, im an outlet whore what can i say...

***Update, I got a new MBA4,2 13" FS maxed options, I just ordered the new retina MBP 15" maxed out all features!
    I also run a tech news and tutorials blog.

Fortunately for me, my wife and I are about a year apart on upgrade cycles -- and she doesn't care about getting the latest phone. As a result, I can do a subsidized upgrade every year, push the 'old' phone to her (which I know inside-and-out so I can provide excellent support), get the 'new' phone, and sell the phone she was using.

I hope that there's an untethered JB/unlock for the 3GS (I have the newer bootrom) by the time this 'new' iPhone comes out...

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesteve View Post
    Quote from the Cortex A9 whitepaper

http://www.arm.com/pdfs/ARMCortexA-9Processors.pdf

"...deliver devices capable of over 2GHz clock frequency"

which won't matter because you know that Apple will underclock the processor to squeeze out acceptable battery life just like the did with the 3GS.
    Last edited by quidam_brujah; 01-13-2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What would you need dual core for? The 3GS runs its applications fast enough as it is. 2Ghz? Goodbye battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by bengo View Post
    What would you need dual core for? The 3GS runs its applications fast enough as it is. 2Ghz? Goodbye battery life.
    Dual core are more battery efficient fyi

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yo its fake trust me at@t isnt ready for a 4g phone until 2011

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Bring on the OLED

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dood this looks great

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Bring this bad boy down the pipe....

Quote Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
    If they make minimal updates I'm moving to Android.
    Thats the silliest thing Ive ever heard. From my experience, even a 3G is better than any Android phone. If you keep your phone and not move to Android you would be doing yourself a bigger favour than moving to a worse phone ("upgrade").

Quote Originally Posted by Horoscope911 View Post
    yo its fake trust me at@t isnt ready for a 4g phone until 2011
    4G in this case refers to the fourth generation of iPhone not 4G data. Whether it will be called the 4G or the 3GSi or something else, no one knows, but it is refered to as the 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Viversuz View Post
    dood this looks great
    The picture in the first post was a design concept mocked up last February for what the 3Gs might look like, it was one of many but keeps re-surfacing. The next iPhone will look nothing like this.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    4G in this case refers to the fourth generation of iPhone not 4G data. Whether it will be called the 4G or the 3GSi or something else, no one knows, but it is refered to as the 4G

The picture in the first post was a design concept mocked up last February for what the 3Gs might look like, it was one of many but keeps re-surfacing. The next iPhone will look nothing like this.
    Yup I hate all these 'G' names. The 3G was called the 3G because it was the first iPhone on the 3G network. Why on earth the first iPhone is called '2G' I'll never know (OK, maybe the network standard was 2G but I don't think so).

Maybe we should say 2Gen if we mean the 3G in terms of generation, not it's actual name lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast