+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: KT Telecom: Dual-Core iPhone 4G With OLED Screen in April

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
And of course, this is going to be harder to jailbreak/unlock than the 3G and the 3GS.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

And of course, this is going to be harder to jailbreak/unlock than the 3G and the 3GS.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Upgrade info
    Quote Originally Posted by biggie81 View Post
    I hope this is true my upgrade is real soon before june so i get mine for 199$
    Only if you are upgrading to 3GS 16gb.
    If you are upgrading to 3GS 32gb it is 299.
    And if you upgrade to 4G...who knows how much they will scalp you!?!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I agree with other posters. Apples actions point that it will be putting forth another minor update, aka flash 5mp 64gb. If so I will not be upgrading my 3G, and ill wait until the 5G ?

However, If they include a front facing camera, dual core processor, and more ram, I will be one of the first ones buying this new phone in April - July.

Side note: WTF start updating Iphone OS a little more,... 3.1.2 ?,Pshhh.3.2 should already be out, and 3.3beta getting ready. Comeon apple move it, at the very least a 3.1.3 would be nice, theres still plenty of bugs you could easily fix.

OH also, 4G better have OTA Updates...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Let the rumors begin.....blah blah blah, hocus pocus, yadda yadda....Let's just flash back to a year ago today and all of the 3GS rumors that turned out to be, ah well FALSE! IF you have been in this game long enough you know not to buy into any of the rumors and just sit back and wait. As much as I love my 3GS, it was a huge disappointment come release day when we were all expecting this huge step up from the 3G. Needless to say, we didnt get much. We had the same phone but just tinkered with a little on the inside. I am one of the biggest fan boys around but I know well enough never to get your hopes up or buy into any of the iPhone rumors. All I will say is that Apple better blow us away, or the world for that matter, if they expect to compete with all the Android base devices in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by hacker555 View Post
    I agree with other posters. Apples actions point that it will be putting forth another minor update, aka flash 5mp 64gb. If so I will not be upgrading my 3G, and ill wait until the 5G ?

However, If they include a front facing camera, dual core processor, and more ram, I will be one of the first ones buying this new phone in April - July.

Side note: WTF start updating Iphone OS a little more,... 3.1.2 ?,Pshhh.3.2 should already be out, and 3.3beta getting ready. Comeon apple move it, at the very least a 3.1.3 would be nice, theres still plenty of bugs you could easily fix.

OH also, 4G better have OTA Updates...
    4.0 Beta coming soon....
    Last edited by Melech518; 01-12-2010 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

This is the same exact rumor that was floating around for the 3GS..it's not happening get over it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Let the rumors begin.....blah blah blah, hocus pocus, yadda yadda....Let's just flash back to a year ago today and all of the 3GS rumors that turned out to be, ah well FALSE! IF you have been in this game long enough you know not to buy into any of the rumors and just sit back and wait. As much as I love my 3GS, it was a huge disappointment come release day when we were all expecting this huge step up from the 3G. Needless to say, we didnt get much. We had the same phone but just tinkered with a little on the inside. I am one of the biggest fan boys around but I know well enough never to get your hopes up or buy into any of the iPhone rumors. All I will say is that Apple better blow us away, or the world for that matter, if they expect to compete with all the Android base devices in 2010.

4.0 Beta coming soon....
    I have extensively used the 2G, 3G, and 3GS. The hardware is much more powerful and capable when comparing 3G to 3GS. However, if I would have had a 3G instead of a 2G I would not have upgraded.

The difference in RAM alone is a huge plus. So... I both agree and disagree with your statement. Mostly because I am schizophrenic.

tim

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not so sure about all of these supposed specs but it would be nice accept for the front facing camera i could care less about that. I have no use for it. 1Ghz processor with 512 rom/ram please. And the ability to change my black home screen wallpaper lol. I mean come on apple... How did you let Google beat you? Now you've got to wow us in June or else it's pretty much over for you. Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    I have extensively used the 2G, 3G, and 3GS. The hardware is much more powerful and capable when comparing 3G to 3GS. However, if I would have had a 3G instead of a 2G I would not have upgraded.

The difference in RAM alone is a huge plus. So... I both agree and disagree with your statement. Mostly because I am schizophrenic.

tim
    Re-read what I wrote. I said, all of the changes were made internally and not noticeable changes to the design of the phone.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

Meh, it's like it always is...promises promises. I'll do what I always do, let them release it and see how quick it can be jailbroken before buying.

Thanks

Hopefully the next big upgrade will be released in another year. Most of us just upgraded from the 2g/3G to the 3GS. I don't see sales being as impressive as they have been because most of us will not be able to upgrade. Even if my Unlocked/Jailbroken Mint Condition 3GS sells for $500 on eBay, it probably still will not be enough to buy an unsubsidized 4G.

Hopefully the 4G will be aimed at all of the 3G users that did not upgrade to the 3GS. --- the 3GS was the device that everyone with a 2G upgraded to.

You get my point.

tim
    If your mint condition 3GS sells for $500 than you'll have more than enough to upgrade. It'll just depend on what size you want. There's no way a subsidized phone will sell for $500 that's almost paying for the full price of the phone without contract.
    Sell the phone and use the money to upgrade you'll be happy..but only if the new model is worth it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That would be cool. A thinner iphone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WTFDANG <3 View Post
    That would be cool. A thinner iphone
    What makes you think it wokul be thinner?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

previously known as allizonanikon
    Thanks

I never thought there would be a phone out that I would trade my iPhone for (cuz I love my iPhone) until I saw the HTC HD2 in action... I think Apple right now has some stiff competition with that particular phone...

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    If your mint condition 3GS sells for $500 than you'll have more than enough to upgrade. It'll just depend on what size you want. There's no way a subsidized phone will sell for $500 that's almost paying for the full price of the phone without contract.
    Sell the phone and use the money to upgrade you'll be happy..but only if the new model is worth it.
    I just said I can't upgrade for another year and that $500 is not enough to buy an UNsubsidized iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Re-read what I wrote. I said, all of the changes were made internally and not noticeable changes to the design of the phone.
    my bad. mine too... me three!

Thanks

I just said I can't upgrade for another year and that $500 is not enough to buy an UNsubsidized iPhone.

my bad. mine too... me three!
    oh ok gotcha. my bad.

Thanks

ichat would be the ****..

the leak needs a new photo tho

Thanks

If this is anything near being true, then that's the shizzle!!!
    The image is hwever so last year....
    I hope it'll be jailbreakable though
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 01-12-2010 at 02:45 PM.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Droid = iPhone killer?
    HTC HD2 = iPhone decimator?

Here's what funny about the iPhone. Even with phones coming out with better hardware and more capabilities... Apple can keep the 3Gs the way it is and still beat competition.

Look at the Nintendo Wii. It doesn't have the hardware to compete with the Xbox 360 or PS3, but it is still considered, so far, the "winner" of this console generation. Why? Better support. Widespread appeal.

What the iPhone has ON TOP of all that, that Nintendo doesn't necessarily have, is better 3rd party support. Gameloft has already dropped from the Droid's scope. Others continue to build their support for the iPhone platform.

Even though these 3rd party companies can very well do what they are doing on the iPhone and MORE on other phones, iPhone continues to remain on top.

With that said, Apple doesn't NEED to update their hardware as much as we want them to. Nintendo says the same with the mythical talk of a "Wii HD". They stated that they don't need to go that direction if they are already winning with what they got. Apple's mentality is clearly the same, which has been proven with the 3Gs. Little updates, minor hardware upgrades, and they are still smashing the marketplace.

I've been watching these "rumors" very closely. As a 3G users who was PLANNING on buying a 3Gs but instead is waiting to use upgrade on the 4G, I want to know if this painstaking wait is worth it. The only rumors that I think will come to fruition are the following, with explanations:

- Better camera
    ---- because it just isn't that hard nor costs that much to upgrade. People will flock even if it only has 0.5 megapixel upgrade.
    - More RAM
    ---- again, because the cost isn't going to be as prevalent. It's another "talking point" for Apple. Each year they upgrade, they spend the SAME amount on better hardware due to the bump in efficiency of making these hardware components.
    - New PowerVR Chip
    ---- For nearly the same reason as above. Also to aide Imagination in showcasing their new technology. I'm sure Imagination are giving Apple the same pricing for their new chip as they had done with the last one. MAYBE slightly more, but that would be unlikely. Apple is like the Wal-Mart of technology when it comes to production costs - they will strong arm you until you beg them to stop.
    - Hard Drive Storage increase
    ---- For the same reason as the RAM.
    - LED Flash
    ---- For the same reason as the RAM. Should be relatively cheaper and easier to introduce into the device without obstructing the size of the Phone.

Here are some rumors that MAY occur, but I wouldn't call them a "for sure" thing:

- OLED Screen
    ---- Apple needs to find a way to shed battery usage. OLED uses less battery, and are becoming easier to produce - therefore, keeping the production cost still relatively low. Is it a for sure thing? No. The LCD screen has proven to be just as effective and trumps other screens of other competitors.
    - Increase in resolution
    ---- Now, let's be clear, Apple DOES NOT need to do this. But due to the likelihood of cross platform compatibility between the iPhone and the Apple Tablet, an increase in resolution will allow the iPhone apps to appear less distorted on the Tablet. I expect if they are going to increase the resolution it will only be a little, so that it won't allow the past apps/games/videos to look necessarily "bad" on the iPhone, but also won't let the apps/games/videos to look necessarily "stellar" on the Tablet. The relatively low cost of apps in the AppStore might want Apple to ensure drawbacks to those apps on the Tablet so that a new pricing ceiling could be established on the Tablet.
    - Front-Facing Camera
    ---- Although I find this EXTREMELY unlikely, there are signs that it may occur. The fact that Apple has been approving apps that are ideal for this function could support the idea that Apple may be heading in this direction. In order for this to occur though, the production costs have to be very minimal - and I don't think that the technology is there yet for it still remain relatively cheap and not defeat the somewhat thin design of the iPhone.
    - Minimal multitasking
    ---- Probably the most notable problem with the iPhone, and Palm Pre's biggest draw. Apple STILL doesn't NEED to alleviate this issue with THIS generation of the iPhone. However, they might do it just to spite Palm Pre... extending from their iTunes war.

Now, the rumors that I don't think will occur... at least for the iPhone 4G:

- Removeable battery
    ---- Because, in Apple's eyes, that is ugly and inefficient. And it's also a big "fail" for their battery technology. People have been asking for a removeable battery since the first iPod. Did they receive one? No.
    - User Interface overhaul
    ---- Because they don't need to. There just hasn't been THAT big of a reason for an interface overhaul. Maybe they might allow for more information on the lockscreen, like missed calls, messages, and push notifications no longer bumping each other. But I don't think they'll really change the way the iPhone's interface looks. There just hasn't been a big enough outcry by the mass consumers to warrant one.

Well, there you have it. Agree or disagree. But if you disagree, please provide reasoning.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 01-12-2010 at 02:51 PM.
    #eli7e revived me

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

Forever Young (01-13-2010), LSZ33 (01-13-2010)

Thanks

I came from HTC devices to the iphone when it first was released, then flip flopped everytime HTC released a new phone. The problem was windows mobile... now with android I got a Hero and have yet to look back, and all the new android phones, you can have hardware that suits you best, software is consistently updated, highly (legally) customizable, open source, tons of modded roms, and the android market is full of great apps, many of which are just rewritten from iphone apps for android.

I only say all of this because Apple has catching up to do AND needs to surpass all these things to be able to compete with ONE device for another year. they need to go HUGE or start releasing phones every 6 months. look at the experia x10, 8mp camera, the social networking site integration, the GUI... the iphone looks like a toy compared to the specs of this thing.

Apple used to have the ipod half of the iphone to ride on, its an ipod PLUS a phone, now you can buy a toothbrush with an mp3 player, its time to be the best at EVERYTHING, none of this holding out on MMS and video B.S.

im not talking trash, im just giving my opinion as someone who has had 12 iphones and almost every "high end" phone since they hit the stores. (and up until recently ive always gone back to the iphone)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FliP76 For This Useful Post:

Forever Young (01-13-2010), k.nitsua (01-12-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hope the 4G sprouts arms and pleasures me at my command!!!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to metalmaster420 For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (01-12-2010)