+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable A Horizontal Scrolling Dock with Infinidock

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
alright figured out that infinidock doesn't work nicely with desktop/sms wallpaper app. if you have it installed, than uninstall it to add apps to infinidock.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

alright figured out that infinidock doesn't work nicely with desktop/sms wallpaper app. if you have it installed, than uninstall it to add apps to infinidock.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Say hello to some crazy new themes utilizing this concept. My theme technically doesn't use a dock from the way it's laided out, but since it seems so nice and convenient I'll try to think of a way to implement it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I must be missing something here. If I want more than the 4 icons on my dock, isn't that what the rest of the screen is for? Surely the dock should be, well, docked?
    How about this: Enable "Show Dock" in ProSwitcher settings, place your favorite apps on the dock and you have the ultimate multitasking tool. Now tell me, that's not extremely usefull

For 0.99$, that's a now-brainer to me!

Another thing I love about this is something I wasn't even aware of. Lately I noticed a serious decrease of available memory on my 3GS. But I couldn't really figure out, which one of the bunch of new extensions was responsible for it. I've been using Overboard as my homescreen for a little while along with Five Icon Dock. When I installed Infinidock, Five Icon Dock was uninstalled for obvious reasons and voila, I'm back to around 140MB after respring again (with 30+ Mobile Substrate extensions installed + full UI Theme) with no significant drops after activating the different extension (Quicksend, QuickDo, Proswitcher...).

So everybody using Overboard as homescreen along with five Icon Dock. this tweak is a must for you!

The two things I don't like about this are:
    1. This seems not to play well with QuickDo, when you're using swipe gestures on the lower end of the screen. It's not gonna crash springboard, but it'll lag for about 2-3 secs with the QuickDo bar not disappearing. The gestures work however. Workaround for now: Use your statusbar for swipe gestures.
    2. The resolution reduction. It doesn't look totally awful, but you can tell the difference. Fortunately chpwn seems to work on this to have it fixed in the next version along with Stacks support.

One thing I'd love to see in the future is (as pointed out by someone before) springboard-like scrolling as an option in settings. (Edit: chpwn already implemented this as an option in the next release. Awesome!).
    But for now, as soon as the resolution problem is fixed I'm again one happy jailbreaker!

Edit:
    If the lack of an icon for settings bothers anyone as much as it bothered me, here's what you do:
    Unzip the attached file, and place the icon + Infinidock.plist in /Library/PreferenceLoader/Preferences. Make sure permission remain 644, just in case. And tada, there's your settings icon.
    I just used an OS X icon, but you can replace it with anything you like. Just make sure you name it "Infinidockicon.png" and dimensions are 29x29. Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Enkidu; 01-11-2010 at 06:43 AM.

Thanks

Exactly. I don't ge this either.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Very slick idea

Thanks

I love the app.

Thanks

seems that it would cause too much clutter down there, how well does the scrolling feature work?
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

well, that was a waste of a dollar.

Very buggy...

-You can put icons on top of each other
    -what ever apps you have down there when you install them, it messes up the icon(jaggy, shadow is no longer transparent)
    -scrolling can sit halfway over an app, it should scroll by page or full icon.
    -uninstalling it caused my phone to completely lock up about 1min after, everything got really slow and choppy, then no response.

Maybe do some beta testing next time instead of trying to make a quick buck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Works beautifully, a couple comments
    I installed this and it just started working. Very nice. With four icons per page, it is invisible. I like that too.

Reflective dock looks great. I would like the scrolling to have "detents" or scroll by page.

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty good app, easy to set how many icons you want per page in the dock, aswell as scrolling. Very nicely made and doesnt hog ram

My iPhone is a Part of Me s1l3nt's Avatar
    Thanks

does this use up more memeory then 5 icon dock? if it use less i could jus use infinidock instead of 5 icon dock

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s1l3nt View Post
    does this use up more memeory then 5 icon dock? if it use less i could jus use infinidock instead of 5 icon dock
    I never found 5 icon to use up more ram than the regular 4. But Ive been using this for a day or so now and have 8 icons in my dock now 5 per page, doesnt seem to have had any effect on my ram. Runs very clean

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clikzip View Post
    I never found 5 icon to use up more ram than the regular 4. But Ive been using this for a day or so now and have 8 icons in my dock now 5 per page, doesnt seem to have had any effect on my ram. Runs very clean
    im gonna get it and give it a try

Thanks

I like it. It looks good with the GT theme like everyone else has said.

I like it because my first SB page has only 4 icons on it but at the same time I try to limit the number of SB pages using categories. With my 4 icons plus my dock I can only get to 8 apps from the first page (I don't like my category folders on the first page.)

This gives me more options for apps on the dock without it looking cluttered. I hate a cluttered looking iphone personally.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    I was just using this, right after install I put the icons on the dock worked like a charm, after changing it from four to five icons on dock through settings>infinidock>iconsperpage> five, it restarted springboard but after restarting it said springboard crashed now i rebooted it and im missing the icons i put on the dock except for the first four, please help!! im running a 3gs 3.1.2 jailbroken iphone!
    Havent gone through to see if this has been answered but your 5th icon is probably on your very last page.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

i almost feel like I want a refund. On the description it made it seem like you could have pages of docks almost, like instead of a squishing 10 icons on the dock, you'd have 5 icons and then you could scroll to the other 5 just like with the little widgets dock on OSX. What's the point of scrolling if the app just squishes them all together on one page? I could have just downloaded 8icondock for free if I wanted that, unless there's something I'm missing which I hope there is. It says in the description you can "set how many dock icons you want per page" yet I don't see that option either. The description and screenshots were very misleading IMO.
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 01-11-2010 at 11:41 AM.
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    i almost feel like I want a refund. On the description it made it seem like you could have pages of docks almost, like instead of a squishing 10 icons on the dock, you'd have 5 icons and then you could scroll to the other 5 just like with the little widgets dock on OSX. What's the point of scrolling if the app just squishes them all together on one page? I could have just downloaded 8icondock for free if I wanted that, unless there's something I'm missing which I hope there is
    yea go to settings and choose how many icons u want per scrolling so if u choose 5 and u have ten icons in your dock u have to scroll to see the rest of them

Thanks

TARDS!... theres a sub settings app in the default settings app!! Use it to customize the dock!! Try READING the posts in this thread before asking the same stupid questions and posting the same clueless comments over and over!! GEEZ!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s1l3nt View Post
    yea go to settings and choose how many icons u want per scrolling so if u choose 5 and u have ten icons in your dock u have to scroll to see the rest of them
    you didn't read my post at all, did you?
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Default Infinidock issues
    I cant get infinidock working. Yes, i have looked at settings in preference.app but I cant add more than five icons to the dock. Furthermore, Stack.app does not work when added to infinidock.