+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LED Flash Coming to The iPhone?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Since a new rumor about the forthcoming Apple tablet hasn't circulated in at least ten minutes, now is the perfect time to focus on a different Apple product for once
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default LED Flash Coming to The iPhone?

Since a new rumor about the forthcoming Apple tablet hasn't circulated in at least ten minutes, now is the perfect time to focus on a different Apple product for once - and one that already exists. The iPhone is on the receiving end of a number of curious speculations this weekend, the grand-daddy of which is talk that our trusty handset could soon get a little flashier. And I mean that literally.

From Ars Technica:

We have already seen some evidence that Apple might bump the iPhone's camera up to five megapixels, but there is also evidence to suggest the company may add an LED "flash" to improve its low-light picture-taking abilities.
    Coupled with the likely prospect of Apple bumping up the iPhone camera to 5 megapixels, it seems Cupertino hasn't forgotten about the iPhone amidst all the attention directed toward the tablet. And for now at least it appears the next generation iPhone could offer a host of advanced photography tools. But with Apple reportedly seeking "tens of millions" of LEDs, it's a similarly safe assumption that the bump-up in photographic quality will also positively impact the iPhone video recording capabilities when shooting in poorly lit environments.

Flash photography aside, the iPhone may also be getting some help in the muti-tasking department, as Apple is liked tired of customer complaints and competitor jabs regarding the iPhone's "one-trick-pony" reputation. If the speculation proves accurate, the iPhone's improved picture and video quality could take a backseat to the device getting some form of "limited multitasking" capabilities.

[The] buzz around the CES show floor is that Apple plans to add some form of limited multitasking to the next version of the iPhone. The details are naturally non-specific, though Apple has cited battery life and user complexity for not allowing multiple third-party apps to run simultaneously. Apple may include a PA Semi-designed, low-power ARM Cortex A9 processor in the next iPhone, which would negate the extra battery drain and keep performance at acceptable levels.
    Although its unlikely that any concrete next-gen iPhone information will turn up this month with so many eyeballs glued to the still-mythical tablet, this summer will all but certainly provide the perfect timing for Apple to show off the next generation iPhone, which - if all these rumors manifest into reality - could blow away previous generations of the iPhone along with many competitors now angling for a chunk of Apple's market share in the smartphone business.

Image via westernmasscars

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

denniswang44 (01-09-2010), Tizocman (01-09-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,669 Times in 5,934 Posts

I hope so.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Ya me 2

Green Apple
    Thanks

oh why did you have to post this? I Was thinking of going and buying an iphone 3gs soon and you go and pull this on me
    Well that'd make sense. But keep this in mind - This is the same company that thinks the black springboard is cool. The same company that when everyone tells that it needs something, laughs at your face and says how rich it is. (the same one that also rejects actual useful apps people submit)

As far as apple rumors go, i foresee it won't be as sweet as you may think, besides what about the new firmware it would have? Apple's getting smarter remember CURSE YOU AND YOURE AWKWARD THINKING APPLE!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudrock1000 For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (01-09-2010), matthew1111 (01-09-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Droid user here (i have an iTouch, don't hurt me)

Flash on the phone is REALLY useful. It gives some more color to the pictures i take on the phone, but thats it really. Great for when you have a REAL flashlight app.

Green Apple
    Thanks

this would be awesome!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Don't hold your breath...just like last year the 3GS was NOTHING the rumors were saying..people buy into this crap so much then they get pissed when it doesn't happen.Take rumors with a grain of salt.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JerseyScottie For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (01-09-2010), operate (01-10-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm a 3GS owner and own a Bold/9000 and a Tour. The flash really doesn't do a whole lot and I don't expect too much from the next iPhone either. Until LED technology is improved, it will never compare to a real flash. Don't get me wrong, the current LED flash lights do help and it is better than nothing at all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

Dont just say it. Do it or Add it.. We need the flash =[

Thanks

it's funny but i think the iphone is so close to being a perfect product just add a couple of litle things and i believe it would simply be perfection.

the iphone is without a doubt the greatest technological achievement in the 2000's it has revolutionized phones and the way we interact with them.

i am sure apple will make little adjustments such as adding a flash. Even without the flash the iphone is a invention that will transcend time.

due to the iphone i own a imac, macbookpro and various other apple products. if we go back only 5 years it seemed microsoft had a strangle hold of the pc market and nokia was the undisputed king of all mobile. well fast forward to today and microsoft is losing a staggering share of the market a even linux continues to gain popularity and as for the mobile world nokia is begining to shake in there boots as everyday the iphon eats up a little bit more of there share of the market. nokia phones have unbelievable cameras 5mp 8 mp and offer flash as well but they pale in comparison in the user interface and overall enjoyment of using a phone.

it seems to me that if apple gets the next iphone out and it has the few missing peices it will replace nokia as the worl leader in mobiles....who would have believed that 5years ago?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sungod661 For This Useful Post:

sk8ertim (01-09-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Flash on phones are crappy most of the time...and don't do s***. I'm sure the iPhone won't have one unless the flash is really powerful.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Thanks

I think these discussions are great and keep the rumors going because what else do we really want to talk about? I don't care for flash and any other stuff that will drain my batteries. I also think 3.1.2 fw drains my battery fast in my 8gb 2G and 4gb 2g runs 3.0 fw and battery holds a better charge. I am dreaming of that lenovo hybrid and HOPE apple gets my $1,000 if they can top it with a tablet. BTW I had never owned anything apple until tthe iphone.

Thanks

Lies i call liesssssssssssssssssss
    EDM

iPhone? More like MyPhone High_Voltage's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder who's going to be the first to attempt a jailbreak with this...

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyScottie View Post
    Don't hold your breath...just like last year the 3GS was NOTHING the rumors were saying..people buy into this crap so much then they get pissed when it doesn't happen.Take rumors with a grain of salt.
    Actually most of the rumors were true about the 3GS. It was mostly the design and front facing camera that were lies. The processor speed upgrade, memory speed upgrade, megapixel upgrade, and video addition were all true.

Thanks

most of the phones that have an led flash and lite arent that bright, i think the flashlight app in cydia is brighter than most phones so called capabilities of photography and lighting. hopefully it works nicely as im waiting impatiently for this phone to drop
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Actually most of the rumors were true about the 3GS. It was mostly the design and front facing camera that were lies. The processor speed upgrade, memory speed upgrade, megapixel upgrade, and video addition were all true.
    If you couldn't figure out that the next iPhone would get more memory and speed you're stupid.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

^^ hey Dont insult.

^^ hey Dont insult.
    The 2g and 3g have the same processor
    Last edited by battlecrushr; 01-09-2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

santaf (01-10-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

i hope Apple releases these two features in the iPhone this summer; not to release one featue this year and another one next year, luring us to upgrade again.

Thanks

Apple need to do something cause Nexus One got a 5 megapix.