+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Qualcomm to Power Verizon iPhone?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Greenpants Verizon and AT&T plans are near carbon copies. Near, but not quite. Verizon is still more expensive. Originally Posted by jayson9 Great news!!!! Once this happens......
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpants View Post
    Verizon and AT&T plans are near carbon copies.
    Near, but not quite. Verizon is still more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by jayson9 View Post
    Great news!!!! Once this happens...... we will all need those little coverage maps in our sigs (when we post) so that we all know who is still getting screwed by AT&T! Can't wait!
    Not everyone is getting screwed by AT&T. My coverage is really good actually. 3G every where in my city/county. There's no point to switch to a company that has same coverage in my city/county but pay more for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylervalo View Post
    Ya know, you wouldn't think surfing the web while being on the phone as a big deal, but after seeing the AT&T commericals about it I started counting how often I do it. Pretty suprising!
    Yes, it's very true and most people probably don't realize how often they multitask on their iPhone. Also, remember that it's not just internet it's anything that uses the 3G connection. So if you have a messenger app and you receive a message (well you probably wont receive it..) you won't be able to respond back. You wont even be able to check your email.

What happens if your boss or friend wants you to check your email for a message they had sent. "Oh wait i have to hang up because the over glorified Verizon doesn't support multifunction 3G". lame..

If you all move to Verizon then good for you have fun and don't let the door kick you on your way out. I'll enjoy having less network congestion with you all gone. And when you all complain because you can't do on Verizon what you used to do on AT&T, i'll post a YouTube video of me doing it for you while on AT&T.
    Last edited by hollow0; 01-08-2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpants View Post
    Verizon and AT&T plans are near carbon copies.
    I don't think so I just went to Verizon's web site and looked @ there plan and it would cost me $50.00 - 60.00 dollars more per month to match the plan i have with At&t.
    Verizon want $44.00 just for unlimited data At&t is only $30.00
    And At&t has rollover minutes.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens with at&t and the iPhone.Anyone know when apple will release the real info on the new iPhone.

Thanks

man i was hoping for dual CDMA and GSM so i could switch to verizon and still use the iphone overseas on gsm...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I moved my phone away from Verizon after finding out that the VX6900 WinMo device I bought for her had a GPS device init, (built into the chip itself by Qualcomm mind you) but Verizon disabled it in order to push their VZNavigator service.

I will never, ever, switch back to Verizon for cell service.

Ever.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbplayer5's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pufferking View Post
    Here's the real question will the New 4g iPhone be avaible only verizon or will they have one for AT&T.
    I hope they have one for AT&T also as verizon sucks I looked at the phone plans and they are over priced.
    You must really hate AT&T then since they have EXACTLY THE SAME PRICES...

The droids are 60 dollars for Data/450 anytime minutes. 20 dollars for unlimited texting. Thats my plan and its EXACTLY the same as my iPhone plan was.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm just wondering why people keep insisting on using pictures of the first iPhone on OS 1.x.

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    According to the photo shown with this story/thread, it would appear that Verizon will get a three year old version of the original iPhone rather than the current model.
    Funny. Thanked.
    Last edited by Channan; 01-08-2010 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

If Verizon's network performance well with the iPhone traffics. Then, they will put a lot of pressure on AT&T to keep up. Hence, this will be good for both Verizon and AT&T is customers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Not jailbreakable, no deal. The iPhone is damn near useless stock. And a hybrid chip would be mucho awesome. Then I might think about switching, though Verizon is more expensive for what I want in a plan.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    What happens if your boss or friend wants you to check your email for a message they had sent. "Oh wait i have to hang up because the over glorified Verizon doesn't support multifunction 3G". lame..
    While not being able to access data simultaneously while talking on the phone is a drawback, CDMA call quality is better than GSM and more reliable.

Also, you're example is dumb, since if your boss is calling you about an e-mail he has sent you, either a) the email has already downloaded to the phone before he called therefore it is very readable, OR b) if you are implying the boss just sent an email while on the phone with you? that is just retarded, because if the boss did that, why would he even call? He would discuss the email topic over the phone. Do you even work in a corporate environment???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bengo View Post
    While not being able to access data simultaneously while talking on the phone is a drawback, CDMA call quality is better than GSM and more reliable.

Also, you're example is dumb, since if your boss is calling you about an e-mail he has sent you, either a) the email has already downloaded to the phone before he called therefore it is very readable, OR b) if you are implying the boss just sent an email while on the phone with you? that is just retarded, because if the boss did that, why would he even call? He would discuss the email topic over the phone. Do you even work in a corporate environment???
    Call quality is not that much better on CDMA i've had both and there's barely a difference. And second, if you don't have access to a PC and you are on the phone with your boss and the only way to receive the email he is sending you which may include an attachment of some sort, how would u view it? That's what these smartphones are capable of doing. Opening attachments to edit or to view And yes i do work in a corporate environment. My example was dumb to you because you failed understand the basic meaning behind it. Try not being so damn biased next time.
    Last edited by hollow0; 01-09-2010 at 01:59 AM.

Thanks

i too shall sit back and watch the rivers rise and subside
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer5 View Post
    You must really hate AT&T then since they have EXACTLY THE SAME PRICES...

The droids are 60 dollars for Data/450 anytime minutes. 20 dollars for unlimited texting. Thats my plan and its EXACTLY the same as my iPhone plan was.
    which droids are you referring to? Because if you're referring to those on t-mobile, they just barely got slow @$$ 3G. It sounds like you're referring to T-mobile's 2G for the same price as AT&T's 3G. Let me know if i'm wrong.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok listen my friend works for At&t they own the right of iphone until 2012 they renewed there contracted with them this year so no more iphone for verizon for another 2 years

verizon is not getting iphone
    Last edited by Meatloaf; 01-09-2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Im buying one so the wife and I can have iPhones :P she insists on Verizon while i am set on my iPhone haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Call quality is not that much better on CDMA i've had both and there's barely a difference. And second, if you don't have access to a PC and you are on the phone with your boss and the only way to receive the email he is sending you which may include an attachment of some sort, how would u view it? That's what these smartphones are capable of doing. Opening attachments to edit or to view And yes i do work in a corporate environment. My example was dumb to you because you failed understand the basic meaning behind it. Try not being so damn biased next time.
    Biased towards what. Your example is dumb and would never happen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bengo View Post
    Biased towards what. Your example is dumb and would never happen.
    Yeah, sure it wouldn't cuz i'm sure you know all that happens when people use their phone. Just stick to using your phone for only calls cuz you don't know anything beyond that.

Thanks

I can't stand Verizon. They talk so much trash about the iPhone, yet now they wanna do business with-em. What's wrong with this picture? :-s

Lol, when did u guys start paying 60 for data? I've always payed 30. I hope you're getting free tethering w/that!
    Last edited by TheReliq; 01-10-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12