Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 36 Million iPhones in 2010 WITHOUT Verizon: Munster

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 36 Million iPhones in 2010 WITHOUT Verizon: Munster

Apple's is likely to sell as many as 36 million iPhones worldwide in 2010, which Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster notes is a 40 percent increase over the 25 million phones the manufacturer sold last year. He says his research indicates Apple will sell almost sixteen million iPhones in the US in the coming year, and this would be without the increasingly-likely emergence of a second US carrier in 2010.

Piper Jaffray's new numbers are based on sales in the US, UK, France and Germany, and the research firm says that its international sales estimates might be a "point of conservatism". The estimates are based on AT&T remaining the exclusive iPhone carrier in the US, despite the rumors, growing more prevalent recently, that Verizon may also start carrying the device in 2010.

We continue to believe that it is highly likely that Verizon will launch the iPhone by the end of 2010. However, Verizon is not in our model and may be a source of significant upside for iPhone units in 2010 and beyond.
    The research comes amid new reports that Apple's tablet computer will be supported by a number of network carriers, including Verizon, following its launch. However, recent rumors have indicated that the still-unannounced tablet will be WiFi-only, and a report by AppleInsider indicates that Apple and Verizon are still in negotiations over bringing a special CDMA-compatible iPhone to Verizon's network, with pricing being the main sticking point.

The Piper Jaffray figures estimate that, in addition to the 15.6 million iPhones to be sold in the US in 2010, 16.7 million iPhones will be sold in Europe, 5.5 million in the Asia Pacific region and 2.3 million in South America.

image via Desinformado.com
    Last edited by Paul Daniel Ash; 01-07-2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: links

iPhone on Verizon = JOKE
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

We just had a small earthquake here at apple. all of the tablet pc prototypes are okay!

Ho-hum. Lets wait and see what Cupertino comes out with this June/July before stating they will break their own totals from last year when the iPhone became available to many more countries and carriers across the globe. There is also going to be a lot more competition from Android (on Verizon) especially on AT&T this year.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

lol ... we felt that quake here in Dublin too this morning

I am sure they get their numbers from the number if iphone 2g and 3g users that want to upgrade , and not from new subscribers . I have the 3g and will probably be one of the contributers .

Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    iPhone on Verizon = JOKE
    Yeah...what would we do with a reliable service provider and the ability to make/receive/stay connected the majority of the time unlike what we have now. What a joke that would be. I hope I get a change to laugh and laugh hard!!!

Thanks

The reason I want Verizon to carry the iPhone because of the strength of their network. I figure if Verizon have the same phone and better services. It's force At&T to step up and strength their network. I don't mind paying for the services, but I'm tried of dropped calls and delay messages.

Imagine how many they would have sold if they went to BOTH AT&T and Verizon.

I just can't imagine Apple staying with only one carrier when they can make a lot of money selling to ATT customers as well as Verizon. Kind up stupid to only work with ATT. Thats my opinion anyway.

Uh, did everyon just forget the precedent apple set in europe when the exclusivity with O2 expired and they started selling to other networks with the exception of the 3gs and O2 rights only remaining on it for exactly one more year? It's going to happen. They've already shown they are willing to make it happen. It's just a matter of 'when'.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I will be very disappointed if it only comes to Verizon. I would love to see it come to T-mobile. I have a really good cheap plan at T-mobile and it would cost double at any other provider. I still have the 1st gen iPhone and really want to upgrade this year.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

They should just announce 4.0 and show some of its features to stop people going after the Nexus One and Nokia N900. So people will wait for the new iPhone.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 01-07-2010 at 08:33 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

IDK..I have 3G ALL the Time and NO Drop Calls WHAT-So ever. IF...IF..the Iphone gets A CDMA Brother I'm pretty sure the Price will be HIGH..not to mention the PLANS... I Love AT&T and have never had a Problem with them ANYTIME. Not too mention that NONE of the CDMA Carries form the Lower 48 are Relevant here in Alaska Since we only have 3 MAJOR Carriers. At&t,GCI and ACS.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

well i guess they will sell alot regardless if verizon is included or not.
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

True..
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    They should just announce 4.0 and show some of its features to stop people going after the Nexus One and Nokia N900. So people will wait for the new iPhone.
    Doubt it

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

There's no reason for Apple not to sell the iPhone to both AT&T and Verizon some day in the future. All it means for them is more $$$.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast