+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple and Verizon in Talks: CDMA iPhone in 2010?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I love T-Mobile which is why I use my iPhone with FW3.12 RedSn0wed and officially unlocked with a nice custom bootlogo on T-Mobile as their 3G speeds are great
    Thanks

I love T-Mobile which is why I use my iPhone with FW3.12 RedSn0wed and officially unlocked with a nice custom bootlogo on T-Mobile as their 3G speeds are great
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    The whole hit man story that aired months prior was pertaining to a new device. The Verizon iPhone that was presented to me was a 3GS, not a 4th gen or any other "secret" model. It is no secret that electronic companies and cell companies send their devices to the networks to test their abilities on such networks. The customer I had said he worked for Verizon corporate and was doing consumer testing of the device on their network. He wouldnt tell me anything else, and I didnt really push him to it. Personally, it makes me sick to my stomach to think Verizon would get the iPhone. I would much rather see this phone go to T-Mobile.
    Right, I get that it wasn't a new phone. I'm saying that Apple is so secretive in all aspects of what it does, I can't see them giving it to some dude who was going to run his mouth about it.

Seriously, how discreet are you being if you bring it to an "iphone hospital" and blab that its on Verizon?

I know you can only tell us what he was saying so like I said, I don't think you're making it up. But I do think his story is suspicious and if it is true, Apple is gonna kill him and his entire family :P

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

I still think you are missing the point. There is no need for him to be secretive because this has nothing to do with Apple's secretiveness with new products. As far as networks go, I am willing to bet that every single network gets new devices from each manufacturer to test the device on their network. Apple does't go around "killing" potential carriers because they are not holding any trade secrets. These are the same mobile phones being used by the general public, only difference is this one in particular is being used on Verizons network here in the US. I can understand where you are coming from, but you have to realize there is a big difference between leaking a new device and carrier testing an existing device.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Wait, are you actually using the 3GS on TMobiles 3G? I didn't think that was possible.... or are you just commenting that TMobile's 3G network in general is very good?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    +1

I love TMobile! been with them since 2001 and had my whole family switched over. I use my 3GS on Edge which works great. It's not as fast as 3G, sure, but I'll Wifi to do all that heavy network stuff. If no wifi is available, then I'll just play games or watch a movie or listen to music. Isn't that the appeal of the iPhone in general?- there's so much you can do on one portable device?
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I love T-Mo, have had them since the VoiceStream days and have to say they have the best customer service around. Their network has been incredible for me in some places, but below par in others. Like all networks, their coverage areas differ. For me where I am and where I travel most, which are Florida, New York, North Carolina, and California, I always have incredible service. I hate the EDGE speeds however and would do almost anything for 3G on my iPhone. But for now, the price is right, the service is right, and I cannot complain

Wait, are you actually using the 3GS on TMobiles 3G? I didn't think that was possible.... or are you just commenting that TMobile's 3G network in general is very good?
    He is in the UK. And yes, he is. It is supported in the UK
    Last edited by Melech518; 01-06-2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it would be extremely ridiculous of Apple to refused a deal with Verizon just back of a hurt pride from the Droid commercials. And even though I'm extremely hopeful that this deal goes through, I'm getting tired of the back and forth as well, seriously Apple, just put your tail between your legs like we've seen you do before and go with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

He isn't with TMobile USA.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it would be great if T-Mobile got the iPhone! They may not be the best with service coverage or 3G, but that can be changed. I love my iPhone on their network, everything works great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbplayer5's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    I hope Verizon gets the iPhone, so those who have been whining about AT&T network quality can switch right away. In that case, AT&T network won't be overloaded anymore, no more drop calls, faster 3G, data/call plans will also be cheaper and bla bla bla ....

Also I'd like to see how well Verizon 1.4 Mbit 3G EVDO network handles iPhone data traffic. From a recent survey, AT&T 3.2 Mbit network is waaayyy faster than Verizon. Oh ... don't forget the upcoming AT&T 7.4 Mbit enhanced UMTS data service and how about also the upcoming AT&T Wifi hotspots which iPhone users can seamlessly login for free when they are within range.

I wonder what Verizon would do to keep up with AT&T?
    Thats funny, I get over 2mbs on speed tests app. Rev A is 3.4 mbs. I get 800k tops on the 3Gs.

Verizon > ATT

Banned
    Thanks
    Pretty soon other carrier will do the same.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123