Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple and Verizon in Talks: CDMA iPhone in 2010?

Im from Toronto, Canada and no carrier offers a simless Iphone- at least not yet...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope Verizon gets the iPhone, so those who have been whining about AT&T network quality can switch right away. In that case, AT&T network won't be overloaded anymore, no more drop calls, faster 3G, data/call plans will also be cheaper and bla bla bla ....

Also I'd like to see how well Verizon 1.4 Mbit 3G EVDO network handles iPhone data traffic. From a recent survey, AT&T 3.2 Mbit network is waaayyy faster than Verizon. Oh ... don't forget the upcoming AT&T 7.4 Mbit enhanced UMTS data service and how about also the upcoming AT&T Wifi hotspots which iPhone users can seamlessly login for free when they are within range.

I wonder what Verizon would do to keep up with AT&T?

As long as they contiune iPhones that use SIMs, I'm fine

I'm sticking with T-Mobile. Everywhere I go, I have coverage and the EDGE keeps me from spending all day on my phone

I hope it goes to verizon wireless for two reasons

1)at&t would have to lower pricing to compete with customers new and old

2)having the iphone on another network would slow down the network thats so stressed out by the iphone

hopefully when it comes out it will have what we been asking for and that everyone will be satisfied
    IF I HELPED PLEASE HIT THANKS

Im ready for it to go to verizon. I tried the Iphone out, because I wanted one since it came out, and I loved it but couldn't get service in my area.So I have a droid now.

formerly known as arturpokusin playful_cyanide's Avatar
    Thanks

If they've /just/ started talking about negotiations /now/, don't expect anything until 2011.
    Don't forget to hit
    Get your custom MMi Signature's here!

Join the MMi \/\/AVE experience

nope bad idea. this will screw many things.

Default fake fake fake fake
    Apple just resigned with ATT for another 2 years until 2012

I'm glad. At&t need some pressure. Maybe they'll finally fix their network so people that are stuck on Edge can use 3G. This will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatloaf View Post
    Apple just resigned with ATT for another 2 years until 2012
    Source?
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

I wanna see this deal go though. Because At&T network is suck. My iPhone always dropped calls, and sometime my messages get delay for hours.

So would this iPhone be a different iPhone or would they just add CDMA capability on all iPhones they ship? Thoughts?

Does this mean AT&T won't get a new iPhone this year.
    I hope not I like AT&T in my area and love my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Bell DOES have a simless iPhone,
    Are you sure? I did not think that was the case.

Did you get a chance to look at the Verizon iPhone? If it does happen presumably it will be the 4th Gen iPhone released in June/July but if that was the case I would have expected to have heard of large orders for the qualcom chip but as it's only been announced recentlyI would be surprised if it can have been tested, approved and put in to production for a summer release.

[Edit]http://www.bell.ca/support/PrsCSrvWls_GettingStartedGuide.page#4 Bell uses SIM cards and has an HSDPA network [/Edit]
    Last edited by confucious; 01-06-2010 at 02:13 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Source?
    They didn't resign anything. Their original and still standing exclusivity contract with Apple and the iPhone was for 5 years since the first one. It's been about close to three years now so 2012 is about right. Ever since there's been rumors floating around from just about every angle possible: Both parties bailing on the other using some clause on the contract. Both parties extending said contracts. Both parties deciding what to do in a game of water polo in a pool of money.

I may not be the #1 Apple fan to know how their ins and outs work, but all I know from following the iPhone since day 1 is that unless Steve Jobs himself says so, it will be nothing more than a rumor. Hell I'm not even sure anymore about my "5 year contract" statement. It's the oldest thing I remember back when the 2G hadn't even come out. Trying to find a source on it now seems just about impossible.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Verizon sucks
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

Unfortunately,

I can confirm this. Had a customer come in today who was a big wig at Verizon and actually showed me his sim-less CDMA Verizon iPhone he has been testing for a few months he says. Wouldn't tell me anything else however. I am bummed, wantd to see it go to T-Mobile. Oh well
    Wait, so Taiwan/China has a guy committing suicide because he loses an iPhone prototype and this guy is parading around telling people he's testing a Verizon iPhone??? I seriously doubt that. I'm not saying I doubt he told you that, but I doubt his credibility. You think Apple is gonna let the lid off this when we can't even get the name of their tablet (or that it even exists) 3 weeks prior to launch??

And if he is telling the truth, Jobs just hired every hit-man in the state of California to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Are you sure? I did not think that was the case.

Did you get a chance to look at the Verizon iPhone? If it does happen presumably it will be the 4th Gen iPhone released in June/July but if that was the case I would have expected to have heard of large orders for the qualcom chip but as it's only been announced recentlyI would be surprised if it can have been tested, approved and put in to production for a summer release.

[Edit]http://www.bell.ca/support/PrsCSrvWls_GettingStartedGuide.page#4 Bell uses SIM cards and has an HSDPA network [/Edit]
    You're correct about Bell. I never really looked into it. As far as the phone I was shown, it was a 3GS running on Verizon, not a 4th Gen.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Wait, so Taiwan/China has a guy committing suicide because he loses an iPhone prototype and this guy is parading around telling people he's testing a Verizon iPhone??? I seriously doubt that. I'm not saying I doubt he told you that, but I doubt his credibility. You think Apple is gonna let the lid off this when we can't even get the name of their tablet (or that it even exists) 3 weeks prior to launch??

And if he is telling the truth, Jobs just hired every hit-man in the state of California to kill him.
    The whole hit man story that aired months prior was pertaining to a new device. The Verizon iPhone that was presented to me was a 3GS, not a 4th gen or any other "secret" model. It is no secret that electronic companies and cell companies send their devices to the networks to test their abilities on such networks. The customer I had said he worked for Verizon corporate and was doing consumer testing of the device on their network. He wouldnt tell me anything else, and I didnt really push him to it. Personally, it makes me sick to my stomach to think Verizon would get the iPhone. I would much rather see this phone go to T-Mobile.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

I would much rather see this phone go to T-Mobile.
    +1

I love TMobile! been with them since 2001 and had my whole family switched over. I use my 3GS on Edge which works great. It's not as fast as 3G, sure, but I'll Wifi to do all that heavy network stuff. If no wifi is available, then I'll just play games or watch a movie or listen to music. Isn't that the appeal of the iPhone in general?- there's so much you can do on one portable device?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast