Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Not So Wealthy Can Now Experience The World's Wealthiest iPhone App

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default The Not So Wealthy Can Now Experience The World's Wealthiest iPhone App

On iVip's website, visitors are urged to "experience the exclusivity of the iPhone's first premium lifestyle app." The $999 application offers access to the "privileges and benefits" that should be readily accessible to the ultra wealthy. From PR Newswire:

iVIP Black, the 'Millionaires' App', gives iVIP members preferential rates and privilege access across a range of luxury partners including Supercars, Private Members' Clubs, a Concierge, and more. The price also includes a lifestyle consultation, where an iVIP consultant discusses how the app can be moulded and developed around your wants, needs, and desires.
    Fortunately, those who can't afford iVIP Black or iVIP Blue, there's now iVIP Red, a third and free offering that lets us "little people" experience how the other side lives. So in case you haven't completely lost your mind and decided that iVIP Black is actually worth downloading, you can now "sample" the most expensive application in the App Store to see for yourself why so much hype surrounds this pricey but still widely popular iPhone app.

Those purchasing iVIP Black are required to certify they are high net worth individuals to ensure this consultation is worthwhile. iVIP Red gives an insight into these privileges - a taste of the millionaires' luxury lifestyle. iVIP Marketing Director Matthew Rowe said: 'We want to give people a preview of the benefits iVIP membership provides - and iVIP Red does give access to a limited number of iVIP privileges.
    While iVIP is simply the digital equivalent of being only allowed to peruse the menu at a gourmet restaurant but not actually order from it, the free version of the "millionaire's app" illustrates why the application comes with such a lofty price tag. iVIP members, as it turns out, save a lot of money and probably recoup much of their $1000 investment through the "preferential rates" offered by iVIP's premium partners.

Proving that there is, in fact, a buyer for almost anything, premium applications like that of iVIP are a rarity. And they're likely to remain as such for the foreseeable future. Nonetheless, iVIP proves that there is, indeed, an app for just about anything or anyone - including high net worth individuals in need of an iVIP consultant to help manage "wants, needs, and desires."

Image via iVIP

pshhh who doesn't have this?

Thanks

pfft!.. this sounds stupid whod pay that? Cant find it on the uk appstore

Why does one need an app to do what one's staff already does?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (01-05-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

this just might be the dumbest App ever....oh and btw anybody got a grand I can borrow?

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Absolutely! I'm so well off that I live a virtual life! I send my minions to answer my phone, attend parties, vacations, and post comments on MMI!

Seriously though...WTF would anyone get this?

I hear the iVIP Black customers get 40% off their meal at participating Denny's restaurants, but only on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and only on the breakfast menu, but that includes unlimited coffee and free sodas for the kids.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Oh please.

Someone purchasing this app only buys it for their staff. They're still expected to make the reservations.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Crap
    This app is crap! I just download it, what a waste of my time.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have saved alot using it

Thanks

I'm enjoy being poor :-)

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Think of the other items you could buy with the $1000!
    Like food, gas, lodging!?! (a new iphone!)

I know we all (well at least for the most part) have iPhones or iTouches there seems to be the problem of paying anywhere from 10x to 2x what we paid for the original device. I can't justify that for a smart phone. Now there are programs for Mac and PC that cost way more than the systems they run on but those are usually program suits like Adobe CS4 or Maya. I can justify insanely expensive apps on laptops and desktops but not on a portable mp3 player or phone.

Quote Originally Posted by yentrog31 View Post
    this just might be the dumbest App ever....oh and btw anybody got a grand I can borrow?
    A grand is nothing to a rich person. Rich people throw away lots of money on stupid crap all the time, just look at all the junk Michael Jackson acquired during his lifetime. Or those "stars" who buy islands.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Think of the other items you could buy with the $1000!
    Like food, gas, lodging!?! (a new iphone!)
    try 2 to 3 iPhones??

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Ha! I acquired this app for each one of my iPhone's! It's nothing big for those of us who roll in the best of circles! Well I'm off to work, those bathrooms aren't going to clean themselves!

Dumb as SHITTTTTTTTTTTT

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    A grand is nothing to a rich person. Rich people throw away lots of money on stupid crap all the time, just look at all the junk Michael Jackson acquired during his lifetime. Or those "stars" who buy islands.
    Too soon... jk

What I don't understand is, why does someone who already makes a boatload of money need help saving money with little discounts and such. Obviously if they can fork over a grand they don't need 40% off at Denny's.

.... Why would they be eating at Denny's anyways? That's for us poor people, they best stay out...

"We don't take kindly to there kind around there..."
    "You tell 'em, Skeeter. You tell 'em!"
    #eli7e revived me

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    ha! I acquired this app for each one of my iphone's! It's nothing big for those of us who roll in the best of circles! Well i'm off to work, those bathrooms aren't going to clean themselves!
    lol!

so what if you get this app cracked? do you get the same benefits by just showing you have the app or does it need some kind of verification?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast