+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Tablet To Connect to Internet via iPhone?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Melech518 You my friend are a moron. He is a staff writer for this forum which is why his articles land on the front page. His source
    iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    You my friend are a moron. He is a staff writer for this forum which is why his articles land on the front page. His source for the rumor is also listed in the OP!
    yeah I respect what he does for this site, but not this continuous gossip of table rumors from anywhere and everywhere.

OOOOOH you thought that when i said "so basically anyone who types some ****", i meant the staff writer here...well i didn't; I mean the sources from where the rumors are taken.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    One of the most stupid rumors I ever heard.
    hahah this had me rolling on the floor
    Last edited by PlatoTheForms; 01-03-2010 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks

Year one: Dependent on iphone for internet. People still buy.
    Then, a year later: they finally put a b/g chip in it. Even more people buy.

Ahh typical Apple. Seems that I've figured out your plan.

Haha no really. If they released their tablet with an iphone only connection, I don't think ANYONE would be pleased.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BecomingxInsane View Post
    Then, a year later: they finally put a b/g chip in it.
    b/g? would anyone buy without n? Why?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

That's the plan for year three. Along with a few other small mods. :P

I'm onto you, apple.

Thanks

I seriously doubt that this would be the case, but if it is, then I'll wait for the second or third gen version of the tablet because by then, Apple would have realised their foolishness and made ammends.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This being my first post - Hi all.

In regards to to the Tablet using the iPhone to connect to the internet is something that I have though would be cool for a long time now all the way back to when I had my Treo (3 years). I go to a lot of meetings and tried to take notes on my Treo but it sucked at that. I thought if someone could make an extension of the Treo for notetaking, internet access on a big screen, and the sort, that would be awesome. The notes would stay on the Treo to be synced with my computer at a later date. Use my data plan I have access to already and not have to buy another one for another device.

Now that I have my Sprint MiFi it is not such a big deal for the internet but it still would be cool to carry just my phone and the tablet to do 95% of the work I need to do.

Yeah AT&T would have trouble handling the increased traffic, or would they? Not knowing much about bandwidth and the like, it seems like if the tablet had the iPhone OS and you were just passing data through to the iPhone you would not be using all that much more data than you are currently. I may be wrong.

My first Apple purchase was my iPhone, yes it has converted me and my next laptop will be the best MacBook Pro I can get when it is time to buy. My third purchase would probably be this tablet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Perhaps that it /can/ connect through an iPhone (The "iProd" string in 3.0's plists") but it can also connect via wifi.
    Last edited by Fhadso; 01-04-2010 at 05:35 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple gets an Auto-Fail if they think that people would pay for a data plan for a tablet on top of the 30 bleeding we're taking by having iPhones.

The tablet should be marketed just like the other tablet pc's out there. Its a dynamite tech on its own, and they will lose potential customers if a data plan is mandatory. Data should be an option - not a requirement. That doesn't mean that specific carriers couldn't have their own iterations would the cost subsidized to offset some of the data, but if you walk into the Apple store, there had better be a vanilla tablet ready for pick up.

Mytwocents
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Thanks

this would be a terrible thing
    killall Terminal[]

Banned
    Thanks
    I predict that the new product from Apple will be like the iphone but a little larger. Say about a 10inch screen like netbook. And the neat feature will be air like browsing. example hovering your fingers 2 inch away from the screen to change pages etc. I can't wait!
    Last edited by starjar; 01-05-2010 at 08:54 PM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12