+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Has User's Stolen Phone, Won't Give It Back

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
When will Apple or AT&T do something good for their customers!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When will Apple or AT&T do something good for their customers!

Banned
    Thanks
    Funny. Next time use a sharpie and arrows.

Thanks

burocraCY [wrong sp.im tired] is a bee1tCh.
    killall Terminal[]

ip3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    i have heard of a different story from a friend who was jailbreaking a iPhone for someone they know and in the proses of jailbreaking the iPhone on the screen popped a message "this is a stolen iPhone you are being traced, please return this phone asap." the all of the data and apps on the iPhone were wiped clean!

Quote Originally Posted by rwin84 View Post
    this is a hard one to call... overall i think apple should turn it over though...
    they can't, like someone has stated she could have sold her iphone and then told apple that it was stolen with no police report she is at fault...
    by your logic i can now by as many iPhone's as i like go to apple store make sure that they have my email for that iPhone serial number sell them all and then if i get luck and they need a repair report them stolen to apple and request that the repaired iPhone is sent back to me??!!
    be more serious
    Last edited by ip3; 01-07-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Default Do all subways have cameras?
    ALL SUBWAYS HAVE CAMERAS!!! TELL THE POLICE AND THEY WILL PULL THE TAPES AND IT COULD VERIFY YOUR STORY?!?![/QUOTE]

Maybe where you are. Ever been to New York City?

maybe SOME subway stations in Manhattan have cameras, but not 1 subway car in New York or any of the 5 boroughs has a camera.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khiphone3g View Post
    Yes she should have filed a police report, at least call 911 to report it. That is what I did. After you called 911 even if you can't make it to the police station, an officier will call you and get a full report and give you everything you need for future reference.
    My stolen phone showed up the same way hers did, and I right away called the officer who was reporting my case. He transferred me to the detective who's handling it, and he immediately call "Apple Corporate Security" to work with them. Apple also intercept the phone while it was being shipped and hang on to it until everything is cleared and for the phone to be returned to me.
    No, no, no, no, no, no. Do not dial 911 for your MISSING/LOST iphone. 911 is for emergencies only. Dial 311 for a non-emergency. Unless you saw the phone being physically taken from you, the phone is considered MISSING/LOST. Do not waste valuable 911 resources like that.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123