Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Syncopy - Sync your Mac Clipboard with your iPhone/iPod Touch

Default Syncopy - Sync your Mac Clipboard with your iPhone/iPod Touch

Syncopy is a new app available in the App Store that allows users to sync their clipboard between the Mac and iPhone/iPod touch. This is a tweak that I have been looking for, for quite some time. Until now I have been sending emails with things I want to copy and paste into my iPhone (Copy and Paste doesn't work with VNC Viewers)

Syncopy is similar to the Pastebot app, except it uses uses a cloud server to sync clipboard items rather than requiring your devices to be on the same local network. Syncopy for Mac runs in the background giving the ability to automatically track all your keyboard and a sync the clipboard between other Macs and the iPhone/iPod touch. It is a free application that can be downloaded from Syncode - Apps - Syncopy

Syncopy uses 256-bit SSL encryption to securely transmit your clipboard between the Mac, the iPhone/iPod touch and the cloud.

Main Features:
    - Seamless clipboard transfer between the Mac and the iPhone/iPod touch.
    - History of your previous cliboard items.
    You can purchase Syncopy from the App Store for $0.99. You will NEED the Mac Software as well to sync the clipbaords.

Last edited by Nick Hesson; 12-31-2009 at 02:50 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

Fodd1337 (12-31-2009)

ehh i see no use for this. im sure some people will though

Thanks

Nice!
    Cool app!

HAPPY NEW YEARZ!

Thanks

OMG FINALLY!!!! Now, if there is a webpage online (idk w/ wallpapers or something for iPhone) all I have to do is copy on my iMac, and paste on my iPod and I can view it all on my iPod!!!!
    Writer/Reporter/Graphic Designer

Green Apple
    Thanks
    At first, I thought this was syncing my Notepad app with the sticky notes on my Mac's dashboard. Or at least allowing me to create and share notes on my Mac with my iPhone.

Now that is something I would pay for.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Tim View Post
    At first, I thought this was syncing my Notepad app with the sticky notes on my Mac's dashboard. Or at least allowing me to create and share notes on my Mac with my iPhone.

Your iPhone and iMac automatically sync the notes.app in your iPhone with Mail.app on your Mac whenever you sync with iTunes
    Writer/Reporter/Graphic Designer

Sweet, this will definitely be useful when using vnc!

Thanks

This is an very useful app.

"Syncopy for Mac runs in the background ……..It is a free application that can be downloaded from Syncode - Apps - Syncopy"

"You can purchase Syncopy from the App Store for $0.99. You will NEED the Mac Software as well to sync the clipbaords."

hey am i missing something here?
    killall Terminal[]

^ Looks like the the Mac app is free and the iPhone App is $0.99 - and you need both.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post

Syncopy for Mac runs in the background giving the ability to automatically track all your keyboard and a sync the clipboard between other Macs and the iPhone/iPod touch.

I assume this means it tracks your keystrokes on the mac...Now why would anyone want to use an app that does that, when it can potentially track your passwords too, or am I missing something too?
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 01-01-2010 at 05:33 AM.

Hey, it's Matthew Lesh from Syncode here just to anwser a couple of questions hanging around.

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    I assume this means it tracks your keystrokes on the mac...Now why would anyone want to use an app that does that, when it can potentially track your passwords too, or am I missing something too?
    Absolutely not, Syncopy will optionaly track uses of the clipboard (not the keyboard). Then transfer this information using 256-bit encryption to the cloud in order to sync with other platforms. This clipboard only feature is created to be quickly turned on and off and will never transfer infomation without your prior concent.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    ^ Looks like the the Mac app is free and the iPhone App is $0.99 - and you need both.
    Not exactly. Syncopy is two applications, one for Mac and one for iPhone/iPod touch. Both of these applications can be used independently though they work best together. Using them independently gives you the power of clipboard history and management while using them togather gives you the power of sync. Does that make more sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Tim View Post

I know exaclty what you're looking for and I strongly advice for you to follow @Syncode on twitter. (I can't go any further into it )
    Last edited by matthewlesh; 01-01-2010 at 06:22 AM.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matthewlesh View Post
    I know exaclty what you're looking for and I strongly advice for you to follow @Syncode on twitter. (I can't go any further into it )
    Sweet, I want that, I need that actaully, sync notes from iPhone to my MBP and vice versa.

I'd follow but I have no idea how to use Twitter!!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Twitter.com/whatevername

Twitter.com/Syncode

And I will be giving this product a try in a few days, clipboard management that syncs between all of my main devices... sounds like a great buy for a dollar.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

well this is useless, from my end anyway. when does the pc version launch?
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    well this is useless, from my end anyway. when does the pc version launch?
    Probably when Apple make the Mac clipboard available on the PC....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.