+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Apps to Have on New Year's Eve

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default iPhone Apps to Have on New Year's Eve

If you plan to party it up tonight for New Year's Eve following a long, exhausting year of keeping tabs on Apple, don't stray too far from your iPhone if you're going to hit the bar scene tonight. In fact, an app or two may be all that you need to help save your life or someone else's.

Thanks to a growing variety of iPhone apps that can roughly approximate your blood alcohol level, there's no excuse for you to be on the road and behind the wheel after you've put back enough shots to send a grizzly bear into hibernation. “R-U-Buzzed,” for example, is a great new (and free) application that comes to us by way of the Colorado Department of Transportation. The app can calculate your approximate blood-alcohol level after you've entered in some pretty basic data - weight, height, number of drinks, etc.

Of course, if you don't remember any of those you probably don't need an app to confirm that you're wasted. Otherwise, it's imperative to use sound judgment in estimating whether you're in good condition to drive. No application, after all, can guarantee 100% accuracy.

This blood alcohol concentration (BAC) calculator is only an estimate and is not sufficiently accurate to be considered legal evidence. The calculations are averages. Individuals may vary in their personal alcohol tolerance. Food in the stomach, medications, health and psychological conditions are influencing factors. Many establishments that serve alcohol serve portions larger than the standard drink size. This BAC calculator has been provided by the Colorado Department of Transportation.
    If would prefer to record how many drinks you've had as you drink them, another free app worth downloading (especially ahead of this evening's big celebration) is “Last Call,” which is conveniently being pushed by Avvo.com, a website dedicated to helping individuals find lawyers. Gee, what brilliant crossover marketing, huh?

Avvo Last Call allows you to calculate your blood-alcohol level to determine if it’s safe for you to drive after drinking. If not, use Last Call to call a cab. Last Call also provides a list of top local DUI lawyers on Avvo to call for help if you need it.
    Although we all realize the virtues of acting responsibly, a friendly little reminder never hurt anyone. And if there's a way to incorporate our iPhones and a trusty application or two, it's all the better and more fun.

Have a happy and safe new year, everyone!

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

check out drunktionary and ipowerhour and then these apps
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

The last thing I want is an app that keeps track of how much I drink/have drunk!

There is no way I would consider driving this evening. Walk or taxi tonight!

Have a good one everyone
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Safest thing to do is NOT to go anywhere near a driving seat if you've have ANY alcohol...you don't need an app to tell you that!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Fridge loaded with drinks, getting the food ready to cook. And a huge stock pile of fireworks waiting to get lit. To busy having fun to play with apps. But have a happy new year everyone... And no I'm not driving. Everyones comming here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    Safest thing to do is NOT to go anywhere near a driving seat if you've have ANY alcohol...you don't need an app to tell you that!
    True that. Plus, if you live someplace where you can use NextBus, you can use my app, Go To There, to get real time arrival predictions of buses and trains

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The last thing I want is an app that keeps track of how much I drink/have drunk!
    Yeah, how awful would it be if it sent what you input into the app to a national database
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking iCount Cars !!!
    Ha-ha! Go get iCount Cars for yourself - drink drivers! And count cars instead of driving them in a taxi

Thanks

god i think ill just loose count by the middle of the night
    killall Terminal[]