+ Reply
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dec. 28 Cydia Crashing Problem. DO NOT Restore Your Device FIX Inside!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Today around 12:05 EST there was a Packages file distributed via macciti/zodttd's source that causes cydia to not launch properly. The issue is well known and a solution is being
    Thanks

Default Dec. 28 Cydia Crashing Problem. DO NOT Restore Your Device FIX Inside!
    Today around 12:05 EST there was a Packages file distributed via macciti/zodttd's source that causes cydia to not launch properly. The issue is well known and a solution is being worked out. Please do not panic/overreact and restore. Again, DO NOT restore your device.

More Information:
    The issue was caused by a unicode character used in zodttd's packages file. This character brought out a bug in cydia which caused it to not launch. (a similar problem was created in the past when another community source missed a line break between entries.) This is not the fault of anyone at macciti or zodttd this is simply a bug in cydia.
    Fix:
    This is a simple fix really.
    • Connect to your iphone/ipod via either ssh, mobile terminal, ifile, diskaid or some other type of usb file system browser. Browse to /var/lib/apt/lists/
    • Delete cydia.zodttd-1.com_repo_cydia_dists_stable_main_binary-iphoneos-arm_Packages.
    • Install the new update to cydia to fix this.

IF you have apt7 installed you should be able to just run the following:
    Code:
    apt-get update
    You can also follow the direction in this .pdf to fix using diskaid for mac or windows
    https://files.getdropbox.com/u/15373...Cydia18Jul.pdf
    Last edited by JStraitiff; 12-28-2009 at 03:50 PM.

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

babyblue_pimp (12-28-2009), call_me_ant (12-28-2009), Dash-2 (12-29-2009), drummingfool (12-28-2009), DuBCaDiLLaC (12-28-2009), evilgeniusmojo (12-29-2009), Frostbite (12-28-2009), Jahooba (12-28-2009), louort3 (12-30-2009), NightCat (12-29-2009), nycdiplomat (12-28-2009), operate (12-28-2009), reaves205 (12-29-2009), rhekt (12-28-2009), s1l3nt (12-28-2009), sami_78 (12-28-2009), starjar (01-05-2010), Ted (12-28-2009), Windmeel (12-28-2009), z4kMKv (12-28-2009), zodttd (12-28-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ....damn i did the restore hours ago. i have searched and searched the web earlier, nothing (even here....nothing earlier). now im stuck with 3gs blackrain 3.1.2 with cydia not loading. just keeps crashing on reloading data. i hope someone here can post a solution for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

A little too late, already restored
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any other solution ??
    i hate doiung the SSH..
    what other solution i have ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianlg's Avatar
    Thanks

Did this earlier, but thanks ! Will help a lot of people

Thanks

Thanks. Glad I didn't jump to the restore.

My iPhone is a Part of Me s1l3nt's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks =]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acm0810 View Post
    any other solution ??
    i hate doiung the SSH..
    what other solution i have ?
    just manually add any repo under manage-source and that will reinstall all your previous sources. it worked for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Just that source?
    Mine seems to be fine, fired up and loaded twice this evening just fine.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I searched everything earlier,checked my cydia.log, even a manual Delete and Re-Install of Cydia! To no avail...Then I came to MMI and under Cydia support the answer was found that ZODTTD was the culprit! Wish I found it sooner tho

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    wow have anyone tried that diskaid its seems really simple

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dishsnthings View Post
    Mine seems to be fine, fired up and loaded twice this evening just fine.....
    Same here...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What happen if I restore?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ok I've done all that, but I do not see an update for Cydia. Am I doing something wrong? How am I supposed to see an update if there are no repos? When I add the Hackulo repo, cydia automatically adds about 4 seperate repos. xsellize and a few others I had installed. None of those contain any updates. Ran the Apt-get update command, and I got a permissions denied message. I dont have SSH here at work so I can't do that, just iPhonebrowser. Anyone else in this same predicament??

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got a new phone today, and used custom TMO firmware, with Cydia, and didnt get a chance to install any apps, How do I go about doing this; if I recall correctly, you need a program from Cydia in order to SSH or am I thinking of something else?
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

Thanks

ran apt-get update through terminal. worked like a charm.
    killall Terminal[]

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rhekt For This Useful Post:

jscaffidi (12-31-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can someone walk me through how to do this is mobile terminal? I have tried "rm" cydia.zodttd-1.com_repo_cydia_dists_stable_main_binary-iphoneos-arm_Packages but is says the file doesn't exist. However cydia crashes on startup so I know I'm infected. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plnkeye21 View Post
    ..... Ran the Apt-get update command, and I got a permissions denied message. I dont have SSH here at work so I can't do that, just iPhonebrowser. Anyone else in this same predicament??
    you need to enter your root password first. type in su...enter your password. then enter the command apt-get update.....this will run itself. wait till it fully finishes. killall Terminal....and your done. when you enter into cydia, you wont see an update because this command takes care of that....by the way you must have apt7 installed for this..
    Last edited by rhekt; 12-28-2009 at 05:20 PM.
    killall Terminal[]

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rhekt For This Useful Post:

jscaffidi (12-31-2009), rqb (12-28-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought my first iphone 3 months after it came out, 2 years later i bought my iphone 3gs skipping the iphone 3g, since then i have been jailbreaking, modding enabling tethering etc etc etc...

I have tried a lot, not everything but alot, installer, cydia, icy and rockapp. I can tell you that the one that has given me the most problems has been cydia, and when i say most they are actually not a lot of problems but some anoying ones and after this issue i finally switched to rock app. Adding all my sources was the only thing keeping me from switching to rock app but after trying to fix this and not seeing this post earlier today i finally made the switch and I think i wont be needing cydia anymore.

Make the switch, rockapp is the future, has more options, its 3 to 4 times faster than cydia on everytihng and the look are amazing, very organized and everything, cydia was a great, but rockapp is better =P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ujazz12 View Post
    Can someone walk me through how to do this is mobile terminal? I have tried "rm" cydia.zodttd-1.com_repo_cydia_dists_stable_main_binary-iphoneos-arm_Packages but is says the file doesn't exist. However cydia crashes on startup so I know I'm infected. Any help would be appreciated.
    Just see this video to fix it:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TelTlU7WsX4]YouTube - How To Fix Cydia Crash 28th December 2009[/ame]

press thanks if helped...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to romeo_herman For This Useful Post:

Brian.Bustos (12-28-2009)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast