+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dec. 28 Cydia Crashing Problem. DO NOT Restore Your Device FIX Inside!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
thanx a ton!! it saved me frm restoring my phone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Successful
    thanx a ton!! it saved me frm restoring my phone

iPhone? More like MyPhone hozay09's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad I checked the forum! Worked for me~

Thanks

so happy i dont have zodttds repo

Thanks

i really dont get why any of you guys restored your phone?......theres so much of you. i first tried a refresh and reboot. and when those didnt work, i figured it could be a server issue. all of which would be figured out within a days time. why would anybody freek out so much as to do a full restore just because you couldnt get into cydia momentarily. that sort of action is just so rash. unbelievable. not to mention how much a pain in the buttocks it would be to re-jailbreak. anybody have a lesson learned on this?
    killall Terminal[]

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    i really dont get why any of you guys restored your phone?......theres so much of you. i first tried a refresh and reboot. and when those didnt work, i figured it could be a server issue. all of which would be figured out within a days time. why would anybody freek out so much as to do a full restore just because you couldnt get into cydia momentarily. that sort of action is just so rash. unbelievable. not to mention how much a pain in the buttocks it would be to re-jailbreak. anybody have a lesson learned on this?
    Thats a good point, and not all of them are noobs, take melech for example. I mean its not like it renders your phone usless, and if you see that other people on the forums are experiencing the EXACT same problems at the EXACT same time, that all points to server issues.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Developer
    Thanks

I just want to make sure I apologize for this issue with Cydia. Neither MacCiti or I were aware of what went wrong. Luckily the problem was fixed fairly quickly through some debugging.

It was a Mac-Roman encoded character in the package name that caused all this craziness. Yup, an accented 'e'.

I would of responded to this issue sooner but I was asleep (feeling a bit sick again). I woke up to mass panic, tons of emails, and even a few SMS'.

Thanks to JStraitiff for the news of a proper fix.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

I restored for an unrelated issue. Check the General iPhone Chat. I reset my network settings and it put my phone into the endless boot loop. Was forced to restore. Just was a coincidence that this happened at the same time...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid Muhammad View Post
    just manually add any repo under manage-source and that will reinstall all your previous sources. it worked for me.
    hey thanks for the info, but how can i do this if i can't even open Cydia ?

i have blackra1n installed, can i unistall cydia and install it again ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was about to restore but I decided to look at modmyi and I was so glad to see this. THANKYOU!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

did all of this and cydia says failed to fetch http://apt.saurik.com/dists/tangelo3...s-arm/Packages Hash Sum mismatch

Some index files failed to download the have been ignored, or old ones used instead

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I restored for an unrelated issue. Check the General iPhone Chat. I reset my network settings and it put my phone into the endless boot loop. Was forced to restore. Just was a coincidence that this happened at the same time...
    It happened to me too. Somehow my wifi is not showing up so I decided to reset the network and my iPhone went to la-la land. So I restored and then Cydia was crashing after I have restored my apps, files. I reset my network again then back to la-la land. I have finally restored and all my files are back, Cydia is working fine. Is there something going on when you reset the network with blackra1n jailbroken/unlocked iPhones?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pixelflash View Post
    It happened to me too. Somehow my wifi is not showing up so I decided to reset the network and my iPhone went to la-la land. So I restored and then Cydia was crashing after I have restored my apps, files. I reset my network again then back to la-la land. I have finally restored and all my files are back, Cydia is working fine. Is there something going on when you reset the network with blackra1n jailbroken/unlocked iPhones?
    It happened to me twice now today. I brought it up in the IRC where I was called an "idiot" several times and the banned? Can you believe they banned me lol. Not worried about it. So we do not steal this thread from its OP lets move that discussion over to the thread I started Bricked 3GS after Reset Network Settings on Blackra1n

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Banned
    Thanks

hahahaha... i figured this out before this post. thank god for ssh!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zodttd View Post
    I just want to make sure I apologize for this issue with Cydia. Neither MacCiti or I were aware of what went wrong. Luckily the problem was fixed fairly quickly through some debugging.

It was a Mac-Roman encoded character in the package name that caused all this craziness. Yup, an accented 'e'.

I would of responded to this issue sooner but I was asleep (feeling a bit sick again). I woke up to mass panic, tons of emails, and even a few SMS'.

Thanks to JStraitiff for the news of a proper fix.
    The best of us would not blame you or macciti for this issue. I look at it as a good thing because it exposed a necessary bug in cydia. i guess it just happened at a bad time ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    It happened to me twice now today. I brought it up in the IRC where I was called an "idiot" several times and the banned? Can you believe they banned me lol. Not worried about it. So we do not steal this thread from its OP lets move that discussion over to the thread I started Bricked 3GS after Reset Network Settings on Blackra1n
    Dont take it to heart. Its a rough crowd on IRC and they tend to be cruel. there are a pretty smart bunch of people on there, you just need to be able to deal with the insults and punches along the way.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    well rhekt..... thats just rude. first, not everyone who restored did it because they freakd out. dec 25, my phone froze on the boot logo screen, so i restored my iphone, didnt get to touch cydia after til this morning. i managed to download a few applications off of it then all of a sudden my cydia kept crashing. i thought its something i installd that went wrong. AND SINCE I WAS STARTING FRESH ANYWAYS, i didnt care if i restored, i wouldnt lose much. and fyi, i searched around the net (forums, chat rooms, etc...even messaged suarik) before i went on with the restore but it didnt help. no info around (like what others here mentioned, modmyi was a lil late on the news) but the post is helpful for others who probbly havnt opened cydia until they read this post.

next time please less haha this to the less fortunates and be more helpful. thanks. happy new year.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JStraitiff View Post

Dont take it to heart. Its a rough crowd on IRC and they tend to be cruel. there are a pretty smart bunch of people on there, you just need to be able to deal with the insults and punches along the way.
    I normally don't, and I used to frequent the IRC but have stayed away as of late. For someone who already has a great wealth of knowledge asking for help/insight with an issue that had even me stumped being told I was an idiot got me mad, and I think it would get others mad as well. But to be booted and banned by sysrage or whoever was just unjust and ridiculous. I will let the IRC have its 27 usual members and just stick to the forum. I have the Aim/Yahoo Messenger address for almost everyone who I consider important on this forum anyways. oh well...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Please help.
    Here is my dilema: I am trying to do the fix but I never installed openSSH or afc2add. I have a 3GS which is running 3.1.2 and was jailbroken via blackra1n. Having never installed openSSH, I am unable to ssh into my phone and not having afc2add installed, I am unable to access the root directory via diskaid or iphone explorer. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

So I'm reading that your not supposed to Restore your iphone. Well what do I do, If I have to Restore. Just not run Cydia, or can I use Rock to install terminal then use the terminal fix that was posted, Then run Cydia. Thoughts?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simpl3lang View Post
    well rhekt..... thats just rude. first, not everyone who restored did it because they freakd out. dec 25, my phone froze on the boot logo screen, so i restored my iphone, didnt get to touch cydia after til this morning. i managed to download a few applications off of it then all of a sudden my cydia kept crashing. i thought its something i installd that went wrong. AND SINCE I WAS STARTING FRESH ANYWAYS, i didnt care if i restored, i wouldnt lose much. and fyi, i searched around the net (forums, chat rooms, etc...even messaged suarik) before i went on with the restore but it didnt help. no info around (like what others here mentioned, modmyi was a lil late on the news) but the post is helpful for others who probbly havnt opened cydia until they read this post.

next time please less haha this to the less fortunates and be more helpful. thanks. happy new year.....
    fair is fair right?.....however you might want to check my previous posts to this thread before you become all rash again...good luck with yourself
    killall Terminal[]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I accessed rock and uninstalled zodttd then relaunched cydia and it then updated itself and works as normal

21. The Following User Says Thank You to sjh4 For This Useful Post:

subalou1 (12-29-2009)