Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Pedal Brain Offers Realtime Cycling Computer on iPhone/iPod

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default The Pedal Brain Offers Realtime Cycling Computer on iPhone/iPod

In case this one slipped past your radar, here's a heads up on something that you're bound to hear more of in the near future.

Delegating to the iPhone (and iPod) a functionality once reserved for antiquated bicycle computers, The Pedal Brain enables you to use your trusty handset as a wireless bike computer that packs a variety of features not before available via a mobile phone.

From Pedal Brain:

Pedal Brain can be thought of as three integrated products. First, it's an iPod and iPhone ANT+ accessory. Second, it's a complete training log. Third, it's a coaching platform.
    As you might expect, The Pedal Brain not only tracks how how far you've traveled and how fast, you can also keep tabs on heart rate, cadence, and a host of other vitals now accessible at your finger tips. Although one might have assumed this sort of thing was already widely available for the iPhone, not so fast.
    The Pedal Brain is billed as "the first product that connects your current ANT+ devices with an iPhone app."

What many biking enthusiasts will similarly appreciate is how the GPS from the iPhone will allow users to not only chart their own journeys, but also find cycling buddies who may be out for a ride too.

Pedal Brain can be thought of as three integrated products. First, it's an iPod and iPhone ANT+ accessory. Second, it's a complete training log. Third, it's a coaching platform.
    Pedal Brain will officially roll out in spring and run you anywhere from $130 to approximately $200. A monthly subscription, however, is required to save and access your data online.

Images via The Pedal Brain

another tool that will amaze and fascinate to 10% of iphone users (those who bike)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    another tool that will amaze and fascinate to 10% of iphone users (those who bike)

thats what makes the iphone so great, the fact that developers can create apps and accessories that cater to all different types of people, instead of apple having to think of everything leave it to 3rd parties

Now if only we could see an official (or un official) gamepad accessory I would be very happy

i was excited until i saw the price. I will stick with imapmyfitness...might not have as many features, but still gets the job done. Just need a bike mount.

all of these are interesting and valid points. i am leaning towards the 90% margin myself
    killall Terminal[]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    damn. wish i had an ANT+ capable power tap. it would actually be worth the price. and you can take that 10% estimate down to about .01%. but, those that have the compatable hardware, will be lining up like lemmings for this. promise.

I find it interesting. But i wont be using it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfnumba1 View Post
    thats what makes the iphone so great, the fact that developers can create apps and accessories that cater to all different types of people, instead of apple having to think of everything leave it to 3rd parties

Now if only we could see an official (or un official) gamepad accessory I would be very happy
    one o fthose is in the making dude!iControlPad iPhone Gamepad Case Is Actually Coming - Iphone gamepad - Gizmodo