+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unreal Engine 3 Ported to the iPhone 3GS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This is a huge leap for gaming on the iPhone. Hopefully it will port over to the mysterious tablet as well. To those who think that the iPhone/iPod will rival
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a huge leap for gaming on the iPhone. Hopefully it will port over to the mysterious tablet as well.

To those who think that the iPhone/iPod will rival the consoles: Your battery would never be able to keep up even if it is plugged in. Never going to happen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    This is a huge leap for gaming on the iPhone. Hopefully it will port over to the mysterious tablet as well.

To those who think that the iPhone/iPod will rival the consoles: Your battery would never be able to keep up even if it is plugged in. Never going to happen.
    To those who think the iphone battery would never keep up, we were once told that the earth was flat...,that nothing could travel the speed of light without first dying...and a whole bunch of other s**t that's just a walk in the park today!

Hello...we've left the ice age mate!!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Unless Apple abandons the current thin design of the iPhone and throws a real battery into it you are going to continue to live in the future

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hopefully, this brings us closer to WoW on the iPhone. LoL.

Thanks

Better to live in the future and the possibilities it holds than to wallow in the 'what could've been and is not' of the past. A 'real battery' dosen't have to be humongous to go on for ages!
    Unless we (man) pushes the boundaries of knowledge, no new discoveries can be made.
    I'm all for the future and for progress...not for continued dependence on primitive backwardness!!!
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 12-28-2009 at 08:25 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

pretty soon consumers will be able to buy joy stick attachments and console holders so they dont slip through your hands when playing.

Hey wait... that sounds like the PSP

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneApps View Post
    Without button and joysticks it will never happen. You obviously are not a gamer.
    What you just said is complete crap. You're blinded by the limitation. You can't even tell if they're a gamer.

Something like this is very impressive.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Lol at people that want a controller so bad. If you wanna play video games so bad just buy a f***ing PSP. Damn I wouldn't imagine carrying a bulky plastic controller in my pocket. And just imagine playing this in public f*** no... iPhone is a PHONE WITH awesome game capabilitie, it's only when you wanna pass time and play a little game. I bought the iPhone cuz it does everything. If I have to carry an "add on" why not just bring a dedicated portable console.

People that play "serious" video games in public are probably the nerdy star wars kid type of guy that brings his gear in his backpack so he can play video games all the time. Lmao.

I'm laughing at gamers seriously. Afraid because a phone can do more than their precious console. I'm telling you in the future consoles will be obsolete everyone will play their games on their phones and they will attach it to their TV if they want a bigger screen.
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 12-28-2009 at 12:37 PM.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Thanks

@ M4tt Dam0n. I don't necessarily want to carry around a separate controller. But more like a sleeve that the device slides into with an internal battery to also increase the battery life. The one that's been in development for like 2 years now also features dual analog sticks. Maybe Treeml could play an iPhone fps without needing to reapply his vaginal ointment if he had dual analog sticks.

iControlPad - Add real gaming controls to your iPhone!

The devs say it's only for jailbroken devices but since the 3.0 update I don't see why Apple would have a problem with it. Of course, Apple has a problem with everything. But still, it will be good for all the emulators.

Now, for the run-on sentence. If this ( "Cory, lets not make it personal, You obviously have a very different definition of enjoyable, then the majority of the population, you might be mixing up the word "enjoyable" with "annoying", an easy adjective to mistake if english is not your first language, which I am assuming is the case for you.") is not a run-on sentence, then I am an idiot.

Thanks

The iPhone can already play some fantastic games.
    The best, by far, is papi jump.
    On that note I'll leave the children to their squabbling.
    Please feel free to flame me, I have very thick (and flameproof) skin.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'd use the Unreal Engine 3 the same way I use COD Zombies at the moment.
    In front of friends:
    Me, "Hey, look. My phone can play COD Zombies. Does your N97 have any FPSs?"
    Them, "That's pretty damn awesome!"
    And then I quickly quit the game before I waste too much battery and get frustrated with the controls in front of them.

Tech demos on phones are wonderful things for showing off, but the game I play more than any other game on my phone is Sol Free. Simple to pick up, isn't 3D accelerated so the battery doesn't disappear, and it's made for touch screens.

There are great games on the iPhone which use the touch screen perfectly. FPSs aren't that type of game, so I don't see why developers keep pushing for it. It looks pretty, but I'd never actually sit down and play it on my phone. I have my 360, Wii and PS3 for all of that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, then you're obviously not who the developers are aiming to capture

As for me.....bring it on! The more big devs keep on producing and the more indie devs keep on innovating, boundaries will be pushed to enable something greater for the future.

I remember just 10 years ago we didn't even have respectable camera phones.

Now we have phones that can access and download from the internet at broadband speeds over Cellular networks, take high quality photos (within reason ), play 3D accelerated games with console like graphics and email, sms, as well as run thousands of differing applications. ****! It even plays digital TV of varying kinds including HD content and ones entire music collection on the go.

Some of you people really do need to stop and check yourselves. You may have knowledge about many things but you lack the vision that brings about the advanced technology you take for granted.

Technology, IMHO is akin to modern day wizardry.
    3G vs 3G'S' is like comparing a standard BMW to an 'M-Tech' version of the same car. They pretty much look identical, but it's whole 'nother beast beneath the shell.
    The 'S' is for 'Sheer' Power.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12