+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GlovePod - Control Your iPhone / iPod Using Volume and Power Buttons

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Earlier this month we discussed the ability to create gloves that work with your iPhone , but today I've learned that there is something new that can help you in
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Default GlovePod - Control Your iPhone / iPod Using Volume and Power Buttons

Earlier this month we discussed the ability to create gloves that work with your iPhone, but today I've learned that there is something new that can help you in the same situation for free. And many other situations for that matter as it's quite a practical app.

GlovePod, recently added to Cydia, allows you to control your iPhone or iPod music control with your Volume Buttons and your Power button while your iDevice is locked. This makes it incredibly easy to change songs with Gloves on, and the way the buttons are situated means you wont accidentally change the song with this App installed.

Pressing the Volume Down button will go to the previous track and pressing the Volume Up Button will go to the next track. By holding down the power button shortly, you can pause and play your music. This is pretty handy. Reminds me of the functionality that SnapTap brought us.

Check it out in Cydia now.
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 12-26-2009 at 02:51 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

drunknspyder (12-26-2009), tma (12-26-2009)

Thanks

FIRST!

An awesome tweak though. Installing it straight away.

Edit: works just like how nickhesson said. You do need to call up the mini player though (double-tap home). Otherwise a feature that should have been built into the iphone considering is it supposed to be a media player. Couldn't we have 3 little dedicated media buttons Mr Jobs?
    Last edited by mgebara; 12-26-2009 at 01:43 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default GlovePod
    Cool, I'll get it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianlg's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow.. at first I thought you were advertising those gloves- which might be the gayest things I've ever seen..
    But anyways, the app looks cool!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Just downloaded it,works like advertised,awesome.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

So do you need to load this first every time you listen to music?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    So do you need to load this first every time you listen to music?
    Nope,its a system tweak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgebara View Post

Couldn't we have 3 little dedicated media buttons Mr Jobs?
    No!
    Any added buttons and I certainly wouldn't buy it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

I downloaded glovePod yesterday.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Any chance it could be adapted to control Pandora Radio? I often can't rate a song because I'm busy riding my motorcycle and I can't take my hands off the wheel until after the song has finished and the opportunity gone (the next stop). Also, it's be pretty cool if an app could change your lock-screen wallpaper to show the album art Pandora fetches to make it function a little more like selections played from the iPod library. Instead, you end up having no idea what's playing unless you disable auto-sleep and screen dimming!

I would say that tapping it up twice for thumbs up, down twice for skip, and down thrice or down thrice and hold for thumbs down would be best (wouldn't want to accidentally thumb something down just to skip it). Also, AVRCP can't control Play/Pause in Pandora Radio, so the power button method would be greatly appreciated for any A2DP users.
    Last edited by CZroe; 12-26-2009 at 09:28 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    No!
    Agreed

Thanks

nice handy little addon. not sure if i need though.
    killall Terminal[]

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

I live in Florida...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

My iPhone is a Part of Me tellytel's Avatar
    Thanks

doesnt work when the phone is completly in sleep mode. You have to activate the ipod on the lockscreen to work =P

thought this would be usefull for my bike so i can change it when its in my pocket. I couldnt get it to pause either

iPhone? More like MyPhone DanTheManMS's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Any chance it could be adapted to control Pandora Radio? I often can't rate a song because I'm busy riding my motorcycle and I can't take my hands off the wheel until after the song has finished and the opportunity gone (the next stop). Also, it's be pretty cool if an app could change your lock-screen wallpaper to show the album art Pandora fetches to make it function a little more like selections played from the iPod library. Instead, you end up having no idea what's playing unless you disable auto-sleep and screen dimming!

I would say that tapping it up twice for thumbs up, down twice for skip, and down thrice or down thrice and hold for thumbs down would be best (wouldn't want to accidentally thumb something down just to skip it). Also, AVRCP can't control Play/Pause in Pandora Radio, so the power button method would be greatly appreciated for any A2DP users.
    I just tried using a combination of GlovePod and Music Controls, and it works almost like what you want. You can't rate a song up or down, but this lets you play/pause a song playing in Pandora or go to the next song by using the volume up and sleep buttons. It also displays the album art for the song on the lockscreen. The Music Controls program itself also allows you to use the iPhone headset controls to control Pandora.

Worth checking out at least, even if you can't do any ratings with it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DanTheManMS For This Useful Post:

CZroe (12-26-2009)

Thanks

so what if you want to turn down or up your music with this installed, you would change to the next song right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DanTheManMS's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    so what if you want to turn down or up your music with this installed, you would change to the next song right?
    Only when the mini-controls box is open after double-clicking the Home button. When it's not displayed, the volume buttons act like normal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    No!
    Quote Originally Posted by Windmeel View Post
    Agreed
    Come on guys. The "best ipod in the world" is reduced to a shuffle if you're in a situation where you can't look at the iphone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but hasn't something like this been around for a long time now? I have been using "Volume Media Settings" from Cydia and it seems like this GlovePod is the same thing? Anyway, stuff like this is very handy regardless, I've been using VMS every time I'm in the car. Good times.

edit - wait I'm seeing the benefits now, with this it's activated with the home key, where as VMS would still needs some fingers to activate the toggles. Got it, my bad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgebara View Post
    Come on guys. The "best ipod in the world" is reduced to a shuffle if you're in a situation where you can't look at the iphone.
    I have a BT headset with music controls for when I want them. One of the things that makes the iPhone far superior to any of the competition at the moment is its minimalist design. Big screen, no buttons is what I want.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.