Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: GlovePod - Control Your iPhone / iPod Using Volume and Power Buttons

  1. #21
    really?

    there has been a app like this out there for a year. called "Volume MC"

    i have had this for forever. not new news

  2. #22
    A good idea, but this is why we have earbuds with the click mic... just use that.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

  3. #23
    Default Headphones...
    The standard iPhone headphones have buttons built into the mic, single click to play/pause, double click to skip forward, triple click to skip back...

    Does that not suffice for people in gloves ?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by goodknight View Post
    The standard iPhone headphones have buttons built into the mic, single click to play/pause, double click to skip forward, triple click to skip back...

    Does that not suffice for people in gloves ?
    Many people prefer to use their own, control-less headphones for listening to music.

  5. #25
    ^Why?
    If you want controls buy BT headsets with controls or just use the ones that came with the iPhone.
    You have options rather than ruin the phone by putting extra buttons on it which most people do not want.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  6. #26
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    another option is to buy the Nike AMP watch. it lets you control the iphone/itouch/ipod.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I have a BT headset with music controls for when I want them. One of the things that makes the iPhone far superior to any of the competition at the moment is its minimalist design. Big screen, no buttons is what I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    ^Why?
    If you want controls buy BT headsets with controls or just use the ones that came with the iPhone.
    You have options rather than ruin the phone by putting extra buttons on it which most people do not want.
    Headsets? So you catch the bus? I connect my iphone to my car's aux port on my car stereo. A bluetooth headset probably won't work for music while I'm driving.

    My old ipod's clickwheel was great when skipping through songs while keeping my eyes on the road.

  8. #28
    If you want the clickwheel download iClassic from cydia.
    Like I say, there are plenty of options.
    Last edited by confucious; 12-31-2009 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Fruedian slip...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  9. #29
    hey ive downloaded this package and it installs without error. but it wont seem to work for me. i have the screen locked, then double click home and the volume rockers still adjusts the volume, it wont change the song.
    is there a trick to setting it up?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by grimebo View Post
    hey ive downloaded this package and it installs without error. but it wont seem to work for me. i have the screen locked, then double click home and the volume rockers still adjusts the volume, it wont change the song.
    is there a trick to setting it up?
    The lockscreen has to be showing already before you double-tap home, which should bring up the mini-player controls. Glovepod kicks in when that mini-player is showing. If it's not doing anything, try re-installing the program or restarting Springboard (or both).

  11. #31
    ok i got it working finally. for some reason i hd to go to settings and turn off the feature , then on again. seems to work now.

  12. #32
    This could replace VMCSettings if there were a toggle to turn it on or off. So you didnt have to double tap the home button to make it work.

  13. #33
    This crashes springboard on my 3gs when I try to pause a song. All the ios4 compatibility lists report this as working, so is there something I can do? I would really like this to work, this is one of those things that the iphone should do out of the box without the use of special headphones with buttons.

  14. #34
    Awesome. I seriously would use this very often.

  15. #35
    An updated version appeared today and the problem is sorted. I'm very happy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •