+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Happy Holidays! Tap Tap Revenge 3 Is Now Free!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Tap Tap Revenge 3 is currently no longer showing the $0.99 price tag that it once had. Considering it was only $0.99 at launch, Tapulous' decision to make Tap Tap
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 277 Posts

Default Happy Holidays! Tap Tap Revenge 3 Is Now Free!

Tap Tap Revenge 3 is currently no longer showing the $0.99 price tag that it once had. Considering it was only $0.99 at launch, Tapulous' decision to make Tap Tap Revenge 3 a free, ad-supported game turns out to be a most generous Christmas present.

Tapulous plans to get the game onto more iDevices which should result in more paid music downloads. Due to it's overwhelming success, the app has become free. As well as making the game free, Tapulous has tweaked and added features opening up a new world of achieving levels, unlocking awards, weapons, new music, and online features, including new weapons, shields and radar. Achievements have been improved with more challenging tasks being rewarded with better prizes. You can also redeem coins in the store for avatar gear, weapons and music.

Tapulous say it's aware some people might be annoyed that they've spent 99c on what's now a free game, so they are handing out special avatars to those players who've paid for the game. And it points out such users will be protected from the majority of the in-app ads that the players of the free app will view.

“Tap Tap Revenge once again dominated the App Store this year.” The game has been #1 in the US paid chart for 30 days and the entire series to-date has been downloaded 20 million times (paid and free versions).

We were number 1 on the App Store for more than 30 days in total (and the year’s not over yet!)
    Tap Tap Revenge has been installed more than 20 MILLION times
    Since Tap Tap Revenge 3 was released in October, we have sold more than 1 million songs in-app!
    Pretty impressive stats, but the bottom line looks like we are being treated. After all Tap Tap is a great game. Personally I had not downloaded version 3 yet, but now seems like as good of time as any. After all, I have enjoyed playing Tap Tap Revenge 2, as well as the special NIN Edition.
    So without further adieu, hit the App Store link below to get your free game.

[Tap Tap Revenge 3 (App Store link) via Tapulous Blog]

New acts include:

Lily Allen, Sublime, The Hives, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Elton John, David Guetta, LCD Soundsystem, Steve Miller Band, Ok Go!, Jackson 5, Spoon, Dashboard Confessional, Smash Mouth, Wolfmother, Evanescence, 30 Seconds To Mars, Fat Boy Slim, George Thorogood, Keane, One Republic, Papa Roach, Rascal Flatts, Thievery Corporation, War, Lifehouse, Jimmy Eat World, The Temper Trap, Silversun Pickups, Rush, Motorhead, Lady Antebellum, Depeche Mode, Flyleaf, Duran Duran, Ingrid Michaelson, Schwayze, Steppenwolf, The Prodigy, Thriving Ivory, and New Kids On The Block.

Thanks

Well they're millionares.
    Who cares.
    They'll be making more Money this way. Lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 277 Posts

I know eh. It's insane how much money they've made.

But none the less. free apps on christmas eve is always good news

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks! Grabbed it also! Love Christmas presents like this!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me exNavy's Avatar
    Thanks

Boy I bet Nate is sorry he sold this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Got this yesterday and normally fail badly at this sort of thing, turns out to be good fun and there's a free No Doubt track at the moment too!

Thanks

Just dowbloaded the free app, too bad I don't have wi fi
    does anyone know how to ssh songs to the game apparently you can add them through applications but I had no luck

Thanks

im kickin it old school. still battleing tap tap revenge. thT=A and my shelltoe addidas
    killall Terminal[]

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know why people are so crazy about this Tap Tap and Guitar Hero stuff. If you really wanna learn, go take some lesson.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    I don't know why people are so crazy about this Tap Tap and Guitar Hero stuff. If you really wanna learn, go take some lesson.
    exactly. i dl'd it today since it was free just to see what was so enthralling about it. i stopped playing and deleted it off my phone within 10 minutes. lame.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

uhh still wont DL...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...