+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone to Pack 5MP Camera?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Honestly, 3.2 MP is a large enough image for a mobile phone, hell the 3G had decent picture quality. By bumping up the MP they're just going to get lower
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Honestly, 3.2 MP is a large enough image for a mobile phone, hell the 3G had decent picture quality. By bumping up the MP they're just going to get lower quality pictures because the image sensor itself isn't getting any bigger, any of you with 3GS's can realize this just by taking one picture, it's grainy as hell, I really do miss the pictures I used to take with my 3G. The only way this would be a smart move would be if they used top of the line image sensors, which really wouldn't be cost effective. You people have to remember that this is a mobile phone, not a DSLR, if you're looking to take amazing pictures invest your money elsewhere, you can't have everything for nothing.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm happy with my 3gs. It's a cell phone, not a ******* camera.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Not for Video Conferencing
    The reason we won't see camera's on the front are two fold:

1) there simply isn't sufficient upload bandwidth for a decent videoconferencing experience over AT&T (or Verizon) through 3G.

2) even if bandwidth weren't an issue, this feature is being held back as a "KILLER FEATURE" for the release of the true 4G iPhone. That means not the 3.75 version coming in June, the true LTE enabled iPhone. The bandwidth will be there and they'll tout that bandwidth with live duplex video streaming.

Can anyone else think of a better application to highlight the benefits of LTE on an iPhone (over than onDemand TV Streaming) ???

Seriously, Apple knows exactly what they're doing. That's why multitasking won't hit until June and iPhone OS 4.0. They want incremental releases that force the user to keep on buying a new iPhone every year. That's how they suckered me in, and anyone with Backgrounder knows damn well the reason multitasking isn't here (on the 3GS anyway) has nothing to do with the hardware. The 3GS CAN handle multitasking as is. That's why my Apple shares keep going up, up, and away!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Honestly, 3.2 MP is a large enough image for a mobile phone, hell the 3G had decent picture quality. By bumping up the MP they're just going to get lower quality pictures because the image sensor itself isn't getting any bigger, any of you with 3GS's can realize this just by taking one picture, it's grainy as hell, I really do miss the pictures I used to take with my 3G. The only way this would be a smart move would be if they used top of the line image sensors, which really wouldn't be cost effective. You people have to remember that this is a mobile phone, not a DSLR, if you're looking to take amazing pictures invest your money elsewhere, you can't have everything for nothing.
    I'm just wondering if that nonsense you just wrote could be any farther from the truth. The sensor on the 3GS not only is wider but also far more sensitive and that's nothing to do with how many megapixels it has. It could have have half as many and the tech is just that much better. There are many other things to consider. And that's just the sensor itself. The lenses is another ballgame and it autofocuses on the 3GS where as the 3G and 2G were fixed focus. You are smoking crack if you think the 3G cam is better, IN ANY WAY to that of the 3GS... megapixels totally aside.
    Last edited by politicalslug; 12-25-2009 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

5MP? My nokia just has 3.2MP.Oh no.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gotjpeg View Post
    yes but AT&T and apple are like butt buddies, it's ride or die to the end with them
    True true. Again, limiting it to wifi or even a special App would not be too hard IMO.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Here come the rumors.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    My opinion of video calling is purely my opinion but it doesn't change the fact that a 5Mp camera would not be used for it.
    Yes and so is picturing messaging but look how many people cried until apple included this as a feature in the OS.

Thanks

I wouldnt mind if it has the same 3mp camera - as long as it comes with a flash PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoralguy View Post
    Yes and so is picturing messaging but look how many people cried until apple included this as a feature in the OS.
    I never use video calling but am always using picture messaging - so I fail to see your point?
    Im sure if you were to dig up statistics on how many people video call (on whatever handset) and how many send MMS's; you would find a big difference in the two.
    Last edited by SupaMonkey; 01-06-2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

i assume that since the HTC hd2 has a 5mp cam w/flash and the Google Nexus one also has the same, that apple will most likely release the next iphone with that as well if they are trying to stay competitive with the rest of the companies.....huge fail if they don't
    Verizon iPhone 4 jailbroken
    iOS 4.2.8
    I'm a NY GIANT!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

There are only three of us at my work place who have the iPhone 3Gs. I'm the only one who has Jailbroken it. They look at me with those "but why?" eyes. I answer, "the phone can do some amazing things, yet Apple have made it retarded by tying it down. I had phones eight-nine years ago that can do things that the iPhone still can't do".
    In my opinion, Apple should make this do everything as well as any other phone, and more!
    Professional Numptie

Banned
    Thanks
    In my opinion. iphone could go up to 10mp today. but don't know why. maybe because they are afraid that it might replace digital camera.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123