+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone to Pack 5MP Camera?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This would be awesome if the Apple logo on the back hid a flash. I'd take the extra thickness that came along with that in a heartbeat! Then again a
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This would be awesome if the Apple logo on the back hid a flash. I'd take the extra thickness that came along with that in a heartbeat! Then again a ring flash around the camera sensor would do just the same, but wouldn't be as cool. Zoom would be a must, even digital zoom would do okay I'd think. Another thing I really hope they fix is the white balance cause it's absolutely horrible in most environments. Horrible! It's not bad if you are in an environment that isn't dictating that you choose foreground or background exclusively but when taking pictures of people with the sun at your back it's still really hard to get a decent picture where one isn't completely blown out white balance wise.

I'm still going to buy the next iPhone, full price since I can't upgrade, as soon as you can jailbreak it. No jailbreak, no deal. Hell I'll even put up with AT&T to get it. The 3GS is awesome but a capacity bump, and maybe a new camera with better white balance and a flash is an instant buy for me.

tma
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthkeller View Post
    The reason they have doubled their order is to have one camera on the front of the phone and one on the back...this is for video conferencing, i cant believe one failed to see that...
    Yeah that could be correct but i dont think that they would use a 5MP camera as the front camera its not worth it!

Green Apple
    Thanks

NO iphone will ever be revoltionary UNTIL they stop releasing a new one every year if they stopped that crap we might see some actualy invovation. It takes a while to build and test these devices. Another part of the problem is apple has changed its target market from high end to middle of the road consumers when it comes to there cell phones. They do get more sales this way but in then end they are going to fall behind as far as having a realy "cool" innovative device. They will simply buld on the same platform maybe changeing it slowly and improving upon the systems and some hardware within the device until it no longer sells. TO be quite honest if the next iphone came out and looked the same but had a 1ghz processor a 5 mp cam and all the same stuff it has now. ALl the fan boys would upgrade. all the highschool preppy rich girls would have one, all the DINKS (dual income no kids) would have one and hey...thats a lot of people. Not to mention the people who dont realy care they just are eligable for an upgrade and so they are guna get an iphone. There are so many iphone killers on the horrizon yes sure they are more expensive but guess what, there isnt going to be a new one every year either and thusly they will continue to kill apple in the phone market...Being first means finishing last and its been that way sence the textile market way back in the 1700`s or somthing..so to summarise that. Apple needs to kiss its rear goodbye, the only they did was revoltionise the cellphone to be what it is today and now the leader of the revolution will die and the new edgey kids on the block will rein supreme poor apple...they realy did have a good UI and the hackability of it. If no other company has phone that is able to be jailbroken and exploited like the iphone well im guna stick on board but the second somthing just as customizable and functional comes out Im jumping ship and im never looking back

Thanks
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 839 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silent revolt View Post
    NO iphone will ever be revoltionary UNTIL they stop releasing a new one every year if they stopped that crap we might see some actualy invovation. It takes a while to build and test these devices.
    Companies can do two things at once. They can create and test a new product while their old one is on the market. I understand that you're frustrated with the incredibly SLOW upgrade cycle (for very little gain, year after year), but it's about supply and demand; as long as people keep buying it and sales are strong, Apple has no real reason to take risky chances with completely new hardware. As much as that blows, it's just good business (I hate to say it, because I hate it as much as you do!).

But I think you're forgetting about the one thing that makes the iPhone a killer device: The Appstore. There's simply nothing to compare it to. Apple has created a monster, and that monster is going to stomp all over other phone manufacturers attempts to create something similar. Apple is essentially a software company that has it's hand in the hardware cookie jar, and it's competing with companies that are completely the opposite. So once it filled the other 50% of the equation (great hardware to put their software on) the magical formula was complete. The certainly seemed to approach it from the right angle.

It turns out that most people want a device that can be upgraded and can play ALL their previously purchased applications. And because of this unwillingness to part with a catalog of useful applications, users will not shop elsewhere, and that will hamper innovation as well.

Man, we need a competitor here BADLY. I don't want to live in a "Grand Theft Auto 4" world where everyone has the same (100% adoption rate) cell phone.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 12-23-2009 at 07:29 PM.

tma
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by norfskate View Post
    Ehhh....

Mabey.... just mabey....

Apple make more than just a mobile phone!

Perhaps 20 of the 40 million are for a iPhone "4G", and mabey... just mabey: the other 20 million are for other devices eg. a tablet? Better iSights? etc etc
    This would be a big NO!!! maybe for the ipod touch perhaps?:P

Green Apple
    Thanks

How lame.
    Phones already have 8MP cameras and Apple brings 5?
    I mean, I dont mind 5, but as long as it has flash + zoom which will never happen.

Im guessing same ****** iPhone with a new camera and maybe more ram. Oh greaaaattt, and then to make it SEEM like its better than its predecessor, theyll unlock the full bluetooth functionality for it and then a couple of weeks after launch, unlock it for the 3GS/3G.

I can only be clueless so long and then realize what these dipshits are doing.

edit:
    Actually, never mind the zoom. optical zoom blows chunks anyway. Apps are capable of that already.
    Last edited by nave3d; 12-23-2009 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks

','*here comes santa claus',*,'here comes santa claus sleigh*','
    killall Terminal[]

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthkeller View Post
    The reason they have doubled their order is to have one camera on the front of the phone and one on the back...this is for video conferencing, i cant believe one failed to see that...
    You have no proof whether this is true or not.

Thanks

Default Front cam
    I think they up'd the order because they are putting in front view cameras for video chat/ easy pics of oneself.
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    *SIGH*
    The iPhone 3GS was a disappointment considering all it had was a compass,voice control, video recorder and a boost in MP
    Says the man with a 3g.... The 3gs is so much more than you just said it was. The extra precessing power and RAM makes it a completely different user experience than any other iPhone. Gotta love it when people say the 3gs only improved (add lame comparison here!)

Thanks

Default Cam
    It's already been stated a few times, but I'm sure that they are going to put them into the Iphone, Ipod nano, and Ipod touch. The next logical step for the touch would be a camera, and the other two devices already use cameras.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Says the man with a 3g.... The 3gs is so much more than you just said it was. The extra precessing power and RAM makes it a completely different user experience than any other iPhone. Gotta love it when people say the 3gs only improved (add lame comparison here!)
    I agree. While the 3GS wasn't as huge a jump as the 2G was to 3G (which actually got brand new features aside from just a compass), it is still a different phone. To the person that doesn't do a lot of web browsing or various app loading I can see how the 3GS wasn't a great excitement. I sort of think a lot of the disappointment with the 3GS was that it doesn't look different. I am willing to bet plenty of people upgrade just to have the newest and the best and to be able to show that off. If a guy on the street can't tell at a glance that you have the newest and the best, plenty will simply pass it up.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    video conferencing would only be practical if it was on another carrier, can you imagine doing video conferencing on AT&T's network? it would be more iphone bandwidth bogging down the network. Also the camera better do something "revolutionary" than just take pics, I mean most of the droid and winmobile phones coming out now are coming with 5mp and flash.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gotjpeg View Post
    video conferencing would only be practical if it was on another carrier, can you imagine doing video conferencing on AT&T's network? it would be more iphone bandwidth bogging down the network.
    It can always be limited to WiFi. It is also worth noting that ATT is only one of dozens of networks the iPhone is used on.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    It can always be limited to WiFi. It is also worth noting that ATT is only one of dozens of networks the iPhone is used on.
    yes but AT&T and apple are like butt buddies, it's ride or die to the end with them

iPhone? More like MyPhone Marfre's Avatar
    Thanks

nah the new iphone 4g is going to have a 3d 10mp camera... W00T
    Behold the Glory that is me
    BAAAM! ... did you miss it? ... idiot

What's Jailbreak? triniflavaforya's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe some of those new cameras are for a new ipod touch to go hand in hand with the new expected iphone 4g???..because putting a 5mp camera on the front as well may be a waste...if they were using probably a 3mp on the front that would have been more believable...

Thanks

Love my iphone but the camera

When I think of the cracking camera on the N95 over 2yrs ago, how long will it take the iphone to catch up and make it a great all rounder

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Id rather see a new arm processor and RAM.
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Sooo true. I upgraded from the 1st gen iPhone and man the speed boost is soo worth it. That guy should have his facts straight when comparing to the 3G. He also failed to mention that the 3GS renders pages faster as well!