Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iCinematographers Rejoice at The OWLE Video Mount

Quote Originally Posted by digeratti View Post
    Owle works better than it looks.

Actually made from a single piece of machined aluminum and adds enough weight to steady out any hand shaking.

Add a mono pod to use as a boom and it is easy to do lots of things you'd never dare try with a camcorder! Hi angle, low angle and vehicle shots work fantastic.

This little mic makes a huge improvement on the sound recorded, too!

And the Wide Angle lens changes the iPhone from an also ran to a useable video platform.

Instant editing, processing (compression) and email or posting is a treat.

Forget the theory, these are the facts from actual use!

No, I have nothing to do with the company or it's sales ... it's just one of the best add on's I've found so far for the iPhone. Cheers!

hahahaha now thats funny!!

commenting how "badass" a really *** add-on is and claiming you DON'T work for the company...good one man

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    sorry. guess i should have scoured the endless perameters of the internet before i gave my highly ignorant comment.
    My post was meant to compliment yours. I quoted you for continuity

Default microphone
    Actually, the mic is on a swivel so that it can either point forward, toward the subject, backwards toward the camera operator or anywhere in between these extremes.

Lately, I'm using it to prepare web tutorials and find that pointing it backwards lets me add 'voice over' live, while I record the action.

This really cuts down the production time as does the automatic compression which makes uploading finished, edited (in the iPhone) video a snap!

Try to do all of that with a camcorder.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

i would rather a real digital camera with better megapixel.

Actually, the mic is on a swivel so that it can either point forward, toward the subject, backwards toward the camera operator or anywhere in between these extremes.

Lately, I'm using it to prepare web tutorials and find that pointing it backwards lets me add 'voice over' live, while I record the action.

This really cuts down the production time as does the automatic compression which makes uploading finished, edited (in the iPhone) video a snap!

Try to do all of that with a camcorder.
    You're just masking the shortcomings of video recording on the iPhone with features that only a select few will ever need/use. And why exactly can't you use the iPhone's built-in mic for live voice over? Besides, most camcorders have a mic jack, and a simple mic can be plugged in and pointed wherever you need it.

I, and likely the majority, cannot see justifying spending $129 for a chunk of cut aluminum, a lens, and a microphone simply to turn my iPhone into a mediocre camcorder. For $129 and even less you can buy a camcorder that is far superior to the iPhone for video and still image capture.

Everything is relative to what you want to accomplish.

For it's price, this Owle which includes the much better sounding mic and wide angle lens as well as the solid, very protective grip/mounting frame (with shoe my plus 4, 1/4-20 attachments) is a bargain!

It's best used for short, edited in the iPhone, compressed in the iPhone, uploaded from the iPhone,
    videos.

Resolution is tv standard and is as good as that gets the NTSC standard is the limiting factor.

Everything is relative to what you want to accomplish.

For it's price, this Owle which includes the much better sounding mic and wide angle lens as well as the solid, very protective grip/mounting frame (with shoe my plus 4, 1/4-20 attachments) is a bargain!

It's best used for short, edited in the iPhone, compressed in the iPhone, uploaded from the iPhone,
    videos.

Resolution is tv standard and is as good as that gets the NTSC standard is the limiting factor.
    Indeed, everything is relative, and that includes price. To accomplish what you just described, $129 is severely over-priced. $15-30 would be more appropriate, $40 tops.

$40 tops for a multicoated WA aux lens plus a custom microphone plus 8" x 8" aircraft grade aluminum machined, drilled and tapped, plus an iphone case oh, and a threaded for an lens plus the filter step down adapter.

Please, take my order for ten of yours at that price (which includes shipping, of course).

;-)

$40 tops for a multicoated WA aux lens plus a custom microphone plus 8" x 8" aircraft grade aluminum machined, drilled and tapped, plus an iphone case oh, and a threaded for an lens plus the filter step down adapter.

Please, take my order for ten of yours at that price (which includes shipping, of course).

;-)
    You're right, I wouldn't pay even $40 for all that just to make the mediocre video recording on my iPhone a tad less mediocre.

Look, you can try to justify your $129 purchase all you want. But for those of us that aren't fools, you're not very convincing. If anything, your posts keep looking more and more like astroturf.

Sorry, no time to waste on the snarky, off topic peanut gallery.

To everyone else, have a Merry Christmas!

Good bye.

Sorry, no time to waste on the snarky, off topic peanut gallery.

To everyone else, have a Merry Christmas!

Good bye.
    Well, if I'm in the peanut gallery, then that makes you a performer. So how much did you get paid for this performance?

Astroturf.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to go to the bar order a beer and answer my phone with that monstrosity on it! LMFAO!
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12