+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SNL: "Making Calls" a "Challenge" for the iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Melech518 I use my iPhones on T-Mobile and havent had any dropped calls lately, except for the outage a few months back. +1. I can't think of
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I use my iPhones on T-Mobile and havent had any dropped calls lately, except for the outage a few months back.
    +1. I can't think of the last time I had a dropped call on my 3GS on T-Mo. No, I don't have 3G data speeds but since I mainly surf the web at home via WifI I can deal with EDGE for the occasional times I need to look something up.
    Apples taste good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I haven't seen many dropped calls on my service, and I can never tell when it was my phone, or the other person. I've had both on verizon and AT&T, and haven't noticed any one better than the other.

Although "sick of hearing and seeing bogus commercials"!?? That AT&T one with postcards from "places" with coverage really gets a kick out of me. They are naming BIG cities for crying out loud. Of course there's coverage there! Let's hear some places we've never heard of (even if it's just outside a big city!)

iPhone? More like MyPhone rashad1's Avatar
    Thanks

My phone service is great, so it must not be true.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I live in Australia and last year traveled most of western Europe and never had a single issue with making calls on my iphone.
    I dont really care what this guy said but I am a little sick of everyone (especially in the US) saying the phone sucks, it works fine for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

AT&T drops calls all the time. Its horrible!!
    Lets hope the next gen iPhone will add a 1700Mhz UMTS radio...

With T-Mobile's expanded voice & 3g coverage since i was a customer with them, and rock solid stability when in coverage, I would jump back to them in a heart beat.

We can only wish though

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

I am an AT&T user originally a Cingular user that got duped into using AT&T (anyone else with me?) and have to say I don't have any problems lol but people you can't rag on Verizon they currently offer Verizon FOIS in the east cost which makes them top dog in my book (wish FOIS was supported here ).

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbond007 View Post
    **** VERIZON! I have had all three iPhones on AT&T (1st gen, 3G and now the 3GS) I have never had major issues with my service. NEVER! My 3G service Crushes my friends BBStorm and Droid inside our building in Washington, DC. 99% of the time I am good and I travel to Florida, and So Cal often. NEVER a problems. VERIZON and GOOGLE can F@&K THEMSELVES! Sick of hearing and seeing bogus commericals and jokes. PERIOD!!!
    calm down cowboy... you're an idiot.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

It appears that many of us, including myself, have had problems using the iphone as a phone. I use mine up to 8 hours a day for work. I wish that the phone worked as well as the jailbroken apps! There are reasons that AT&T is rated poorly!

Thanks

I use my iPhone on T-Mobile, never had a dropped call and have great 3G speeds

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yep, the hype about "Choke Hold" didn't do a thing....

Hollowo, you are such a sheep! Oh, and don't forget being a flamer as well.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The only dropped calls I get on AT&T are when I am on the phone with my employer. Or is that selective hearing? I can't remember.

Thanks

never had any iphone related problems with att, there were a few remote areas where i live that you have spots in service but thats understandable and that was with any phone, now that i think about it those spots have been fixed in the last year. verizon isnt any better here and tmobile is horrible. i have had pacbell/cingular/att since 1999 and i will own every iphone that comes out. Im happy with att & the iphone.

Thanks

I was using AT&T for my work phone and between two work phones in year I had crappy service. Calls dropping, call not connection or said connected but no sound. But I never had a problem with my iPhone. I used my personal phone more for work the my work phone. I feel sorry for the people having bad experience but I guess I am one of the few lucky ones.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T here in western NY. I get the occasional dropped calls, and it is annoying.

Thanks

For christ's sake, what the **** does "AT&T sucks" or Verizon can **** themselves" have to do with this topic?! First of all, this is about SNL making a joke about Google's Nexus One. Second, stop complaining and get a carrier service that works for you!!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    For christ's sake, what the **** does "AT&T sucks" or Verizon can **** themselves" have to do with this topic?! First of all, this is about SNL making a joke about Google's Nexus One. Second, stop complaining and get a carrier service that works for you!!
    Ooooh, ouch! I think you missed the point of the joke. They were making fun of the iPhone, not the Nexus One.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12