Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Future of Reading Magazines & Newspapers Using a Touch Tablet: Take Note Apple!

Default The Future of Reading Magazines & Newspapers Using a Touch Tablet: Take Note Apple!

Alright so this isn't exactly iPhone News, but I am pretty sure most of us iPhone / iPod Touch fanatics are always delighted to hear about new ways touch technology will impact our lifestyles. As we've seen the iPod dramatically take hold of the portable music era, If Apple is to release a Tablet, and take some notes from the following research company, they may just do the same thing again, and dramatically change the way we interact with our media, not just the iPhone geeks.

One can only hope that Apple Development Team also browses the web to see what other designers and development groups are coming up with, because the folks over at Bonnier R&D seem to have it all figured out as far as digital tablet readers go. It may not be a real tablet, but you get the idea nonetheless. I can only hope that Apple is taking notes on this one or they might have some competition out there.

The following video is a corporate collaborative research project initiated by Bonnier R&D into the experience of reading magazines on hand-held digital devices. It illustrates one possible vision for digital magazines in the near future presented by design partners at the BERG.

The concept aims to capture the essence of magazine reading, which people have been enjoying for decades; engaging and unique reading experience in which high-quality writing and stunning imagery buildup immersive stories.

The concept uses the power of digital media to create a rich and meaningful experience, while maintaining the relaxed and curated features of printing magazines. It has been designed for a world in which interactivity, abundant information and unlimited options could be perceived as intrusive and overwhelming.
    Highly recommended watch if you like Touch Technology and it's impact on the future.

Note: This is NOT an Apple Research Group. Although they should take note!

[ame]http://vimeo.com/8217311[/ame]
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 12-17-2009 at 04:15 PM.

Like a tablet........

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    if apple get around to making a tablet i have no doubt it will be just like that the iphone was very slick the way it works/looks i aspect no different from apple

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Sick
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

[QUOTE=nickhesson;5063330]

Note: This is NOT an Apple Research Group. Although they should take note!

Yeah...Apple take note! Your tablet if and when it does come out had better stand out amongst the jokers as always!!

i believe if the digital world of tablets wants us to all conform to their new substrate. they should make the illustrative colors as close to real life as possible. otherwise its just going to feel like reading a computer screen. which gets quite tiring on the eyes.
    killall Terminal[]

I wonder if this will ever see the light of day?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a magazine reader. I'd rather apple to put in OSX in their tablet and yeah the magazine reading can be in there as well but the apple table has to have osx so we caan surf the web and balh blah blah and not just read magazines.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple will buy them and use their technology.