Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Defense Contractor Designs (Jailbroken?) App

That is friggin' awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    I've been deployed and the U.S. policy in Iraq and Afghanistan is zero tolerance for cell phones on combat zones. For obvious intelligence reason. So I do not see this remotely coming true. It's just not practical or tactical at all.
    If they were running a modified OS they could probably drop the phone functionality, along with text messaging so that the only communications were via the apps they allowed. At least, I would assume so.
    Last edited by andypropaganda; 12-17-2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh dear indeed, what's next an iPhone with a sniper riffle attachment? Or maybe just the whole thing could be a hand grenade? It seems like apple are slowly turning into umbrella, and we all know what happens there. ZOMBIES!

ive personally developed a product for Raytheon. not such a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoenix3g View Post
    Oh dear indeed, what's next an iPhone with a sniper riffle attachment?.......
    actually, yes....check past posts. about a year back.
    Last edited by rhekt; 12-18-2009 at 01:49 AM. Reason: because im dope
    killall Terminal[]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wiiwet View Post
    it must be fun if the enemies got your iphone..... you are on target.
    For real. All they would have to do is take one of these modified iPhones off a dead soldier and they would have all the intel they would need to pick off US targets one by one.

Sounds like a terrible idea to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andypropaganda View Post
    That is friggin' awesome.

If they were running a modified OS they could probably drop the phone functionality, along with text messaging so that the only communications were via the apps they allowed. At least, I would assume so.
    Yes, but then you wouldn't need a $500 device! They do have GPS trackers, but there's no reason to spend money on such an expensive device. This programmer made the app for use with the iPhone. He must have never been over there, as he does not know that you can't just be holding a handheld device while carrying 125lbs of gear and an M-4.

I would be skeptical about using this as well. One of these in the wrong hands can do a lot of damage. I am much more comfortable with grid coordinates given by encrypted radio (the way it's done today).
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by my95z34 View Post
    Lol, we do. And the funny part is, it's called Blue Force Tracker. The app they are developing here is called One Force Tracker.

The entire time reading this I was shaking my head... like... "Uh, yeah it's been done... Why would we need that on an iPhone when we've already got dedicated hardware for it..."

Aaaanyways...
    I can guarantee you that at $600 a pop, iPhones are much more cost effective than BFT units.

We all know how much the government likes to waste on defense products that could be manufactured and bought for far less money.

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    "First"

I guess your day is complete now and you can go back to bed, or go cruising for chicks to share in your victory.
    I see you homos are still saying "first". This is the only forum I have seen that people do this on. And your not even the first one! You can take the sailor out of the navy, but you can't take the *** out of the sailor. Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by monadzback View Post
    I see you homos are still saying "first". This is the only forum I have seen that people do this on. And your not even the first one! You can take the sailor out of the navy, but you can't take the *** out of the sailor. Hahahahaha
    Haha. As a Marine that is some funny ****.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12